A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

ever had a TGA dream?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Why do I get the strange feeling a lot of us are going to dream of the guys dressed as food mascots tonight? Either that or Dr. Zoidberg...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Why do I get the strange feeling a lot of us are going to dream of the guys dressed as food mascots tonight? Either that or Dr. Zoidberg...

lol!
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Yes. I had a dream that I was late getting to Lawrence (dirt parking lot like the Double Deuce in "Roadhouse") for the show and was going to miss the show. I was freaking out.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Hahaha I seriously love this thread. Shannon you have the best subconscious, I'm actually jealous.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 pm

I once had a dream Where My band was playing the same festival as Gaslight...and We met backstage.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:19 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Hahaha I seriously love this thread. Shannon you have the best subconscious, I'm actually jealous.

Haha, don't be jealous! I have a terrible time sleeping, and when I do actually sleep, I always have really vivid/intense dreams. At least some of them are entertaining though! Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:27 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

Haha, don't be jealous! I have a terrible time sleeping, and when I do actually sleep, I always have really vivid/intense dreams. At least some of them are entertaining though! Razz

Haha clearly! mine are almost always horrifying, it sucks. You'd think with how gaslight is on my mind 24/7 I'd dream more about them! Glad you shared this though because I'm still cracking up at the images it put in my head.
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:08 am

In a quick sum up, I once had a dream that I got adopted by Chuck Ragan who had divorced his wife and was living (gay) with Brian Fallon. I was their bridesmaid at their wedding... When I woke up, I genuinely thought that had happened for about a minute.

Also, I had one where I was walking back from a Gaslight Anthem gig at the pub a few miles down the road and some guy jumped out a tried to take my camera, I scream and Brian and Alex R appeared from nowhere and beat the crap out of him. Then they came back to my house (with Benny, Hollie and Ian) and we all shared a homemade pizza.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:11 am

AGoodTime wrote:
In a quick sum up, I once had a dream that I got adopted by Chuck Ragan who had divorced his wife and was living (gay) with Brian Fallon. I was their bridesmaid at their wedding... When I woke up, I genuinely thought that had happened for about a minute.

Also, I had one where I was walking back from a Gaslight Anthem gig at the pub a few miles down the road and some guy jumped out a tried to take my camera, I scream and Brian and Alex R appeared from nowhere and beat the crap out of him. Then they came back to my house (with Benny, Hollie and Ian) and we all shared a homemade pizza.

lol! These just get better and better! We are all crazy geek
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:14 am

Christophe wrote:
AGoodTime wrote:

Haha, I love these dreams. They are all so weird! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has insane dreams about TGA. geek

I bet if Brian and the guys read this thread, they would be very afraid of us! Razz
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:21 am

Christophe wrote:
AGoodTime wrote:

Haha, I love these dreams. They are all so weird! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has insane dreams about TGA. geek

I bet if Brian and the guys read this thread, they would be very afraid of us! Razz

That had not occurred to me! Damn!
For the record, Brian and Chuck made a great couple... And for some reason, I can distinctly remember that Brian made a really good vegetable pie.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 am

AGoodTime wrote:
Christophe wrote:
AGoodTime wrote:

That had not occurred to me! Damn!
For the record, Brian and Chuck made a great couple... And for some reason, I can distinctly remember that Brian made a really good vegetable pie.

What the hell - that is detail haha. I wish I could remember that much! I am eagerly awaiting my next crazy Gaslight dream Smile
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 am

Christophe wrote:

What the hell - that is detail haha. I wish I could remember that much! I am eagerly awaiting my next crazy Gaslight dream Smile

Certainly 'what the hell'...

I can remember it in creepy detail! I wore this dress at the wedding http://tinyurl.com/ctbgxxa and I can list all the guests who were there that I recognise. Brian's suit was so much cooler than Chuck's though... Brian wore a hat! They lived in a huge house with really old fashioned furniture. My room was really plain and boring although Brian gave me a load of his old Dickens books (Great Expectations, David Copperfield and A Christmas Carol) that he had and a few old Bruce vinyls (Nebraska and Born to Run). And we had pie and chips for dinner with fudge flavoured ice cream for dessert. Also, it was the only wedding I have ever 'been' to that played good music! I got to dance with Dave Hause...

There is DEFINITELY something wrong with me!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:14 pm

AGoodTime wrote:
Christophe wrote:

I can remember it in creepy detail! I wore this dress at the wedding http://tinyurl.com/ctbgxxa and I can list all the guests who were there that I recognise. Brian's suit was so much cooler than Chuck's though... Brian wore a hat! They lived in a huge house with really old fashioned furniture. My room was really plain and boring although Brian gave me a load of his old Dickens books (Great Expectations, David Copperfield and A Christmas Carol) that he had and a few old Bruce vinyls (Nebraska and Born to Run). And we had pie and chips for dinner with fudge flavoured ice cream for dessert. Also, it was the only wedding I have ever 'been' to that played good music! I got to dance with Dave Hause...

Haha, oh man, that is so hilarious! I dream in crazy detail like that too and it still surprises me when I can remember details days later. How nice of Brian to give you books and records like that! He's such a good guy. Razz

And you're not alone. There is something wrong with ALL of us, I think! geek
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:01 pm

My goodness....these DO keep getting stranger and stranger.

I think we should forward some of these to Kevin Slack for his next movie idea...
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Quote :
My goodness....these DO keep getting stranger and stranger.

I have just realised that now everyone probably thinks I have a serious problem. Oh well! It was awesome!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 pm

All right this one isn't as entertaining but it's weird in that it's looking now like it was a premonition of sorts.

I had a dream that I went on this site and the fan club was finally available (sure enough I wake up and it is!) except the price was $42.50 and instead of giving away cool stuff like vinyl they were giving away this really crappy hair die in colors like purple and blue. Brian was handing out this hair dye to people personally in some like salon and he had a green mohawk. He was trying to convince everyone that this was the direction the band was going in. Not sure what that meant but glad I was right about the fanclub and wrong about the price!
(I was looking up extreme punk people yesterday for work, I think that's where this came from haha)

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

All right this one isn't as entertaining but it's weird in that it's looking now like it was a premonition of sorts.

I had a dream that I went on this site and the fan club was finally available (sure enough I wake up and it is!) except the price was $42.50 and instead of giving away cool stuff like vinyl they were giving away this really crappy hair die in colors like purple and blue. Brian was handing out this hair dye to people personally in some like salon and he had a green mohawk. He was trying to convince everyone that this was the direction the band was going in. Not sure what that meant but glad I was right about the fanclub and wrong about the price!
(I was looking up extreme punk people yesterday for work, I think that's where this came from haha)

That's great! Gaslight goes Green Day! jocolor
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 pm

lol! That's hilarious! I started laughing when I pictured Brian with a green mohawk. And I'm glad you were right about the fanclub being up now too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 pm

AGoodTime wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Have you considered getting help? Haha Just joking. I wish I could have a dream as cool as that.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:13 am

Dreamed last night that I was on a train with the guys and Ian. I sat next to Alex R and mainly talked about football asking him why he supports Newcastle and St Pauli. I remember trying to speak to Ian about Watford but he was just on his phone the whole time! Football and Gaslight on the brain! geek
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:50 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:

Have you considered getting help? Haha Just joking. I wish I could have a dream as cool as that.

I am now very glad that I didn't post the whole thing... It was a strange wedding...

Since most of my dreams are Gaslight related (I listen to She Loves You on repeat when falling asleep) and I'd watched some action film last night, this happened:

I found my way backstage at a gig in London somewhere and was talking to Benny and Brian but couldn't see Alex R anywhere. (For some reason, Alex L never features in any of my dreams.) Brian started to get a bit concerned when it was 1/2 an hour before they were meant to go on and he still hadn't turned up so he asked me to use my phone to call Alex. I did and there was no answer. About a minute later I got a call back and it was the voice of my friend, Jess, saying that she'd kidnapped Alex and wanted 5 million transferred to her bank account or she'd kill him. Brian and Benny started to panic for obvious reasons and then I suddenly remembered that I knew exactly where she'd be holding Alex.

Fast forward through a load of crap that I can't remember and me and Brian (Benny has now vanished) are confronting Jess in an old warehouse both armed with frying pans. She has a gun that she is pointing at Alex. Alex elbows her in the stomach and Brian takes a swing with his frying pan. Jess almost loses her balance but regains it and in a flash of anger points the gun at Brian and fires. I dramatically jump in front...

(Damn, just realised the change in tense but can't be bothered to rewrite it.)
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:11 am

AGoodTime wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:

I am now very glad that I didn't post the whole thing... It was a strange wedding...

Since most of my dreams are Gaslight related (I listen to She Loves You on repeat when falling asleep) and I'd watched some action film last night, this happened:

I found my way backstage at a gig in London somewhere and was talking to Benny and Brian but couldn't see Alex R anywhere. (For some reason, Alex L never features in any of my dreams.) Brian started to get a bit concerned when it was 1/2 an hour before they were meant to go on and he still hadn't turned up so he asked me to use my phone to call Alex. I did and there was no answer. About a minute later I got a call back and it was the voice of my friend, Jess, saying that she'd kidnapped Alex and wanted 5 million transferred to her bank account or she'd kill him. Brian and Benny started to panic for obvious reasons and then I suddenly remembered that I knew exactly where she'd be holding Alex.

Fast forward through a load of crap that I can't remember and me and Brian (Benny has now vanished) are confronting Jess in an old warehouse both armed with frying pans. She has a gun that she is pointing at Alex. Alex elbows her in the stomach and Brian takes a swing with his frying pan. Jess almost loses her balance but regains it and in a flash of anger points the gun at Brian and fires. I dramatically jump in front...

(Damn, just realised the change in tense but can't be bothered to rewrite it.)

This sounds too good to be true! How do you remember your dreams in so much detail? Mine are always really vague and I struggle to remember specifics!
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:23 am

Christophe wrote:

This sounds too good to be true! How do you remember your dreams in so much detail? Mine are always really vague and I struggle to remember specifics!

I have an "overactive imagination" apparently. It's a bit weird. I have crazy dreams and when random people walk past me in the street I'll imagine exactly what might be happening in their life and sometimes their whole life story and occasionally how they're going to die. And half the memories I have didn't actually happen. One of the clearest memories I have of when I was younger is my father coming in and telling my family my Granddad only had 24 hours to live. I can remember hugging him but not being able to cry. I can remember that at the time my dog was curled up in front of the fire despite the fact that his favourite place used to be on the chair. My Granddad died suddenly one night from a heart attack.

Oh, and my dad said I used to talk about a holiday to Portugal that we went on with my cousins. Never been to Portugal and never been on holiday with my cousins. Although I can't actually remember that now.

It's brilliant for writing though, I can come up with great story plots and ideas! And I get awesome Gaslight dreams!

Edit: So that I don't seem like a psycho: I no longer really imagine people's deaths. It used to happen with every person I met but since a session of therapy where it explained my 'problem', that's pretty much stopped. Smile It only happens now if I'm particularly angry or hate the person. Although, according to my friend (not the kidnapper) that's reasonably normal.

Last edited by AGoodTime on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 am

Wow. You should really write some of these up. You can make a gaslight movie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ever had a TGA dream?   

Back to top Go down

ever had a TGA dream?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next