A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:38 pm

Asleepontheforestfloor wrote:
Oh well, I love gaslight and all, but I don't need a test press or anything.

true, no one needs a test pressing... but then again, not many people need both kidneys, so why not get rid of one?
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:54 am

Haha.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:06 am

e7c wrote:

true, no one needs a test pressing... but then again, not many people need both kidneys, so why not get rid of one?

I do!
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Not sure when they'll announce the winners, I emailed xoxo records so hopefully i'll hear from them soon.

Haha I think I'd give up one of my kidneys for a Test Pressing or for Sink or Swim on black.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:59 pm

e7c wrote:

don't you already have a sink or swim test?

by the way, I mailed in twenty entries, all hand written 3x5 cards and handwritten envelopes. Took me a minute and if I had more time, I was gonna do like 100, just for the fun, but I kind of spaced on this and only had time to do the twenty.
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Wow geezfools, all I did was enter online haha. I wonder how many people entered.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:44 pm

geezfools wrote:

don't you already have a sink or swim test?

by the way, I mailed in twenty entries, all hand written 3x5 cards and handwritten envelopes. Took me a minute and if I had more time, I was gonna do like 100, just for the fun, but I kind of spaced on this and only had time to do the twenty.

yes and 96
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Sat May 02, 2009 6:40 pm

so I emailed xoxo records, they'll post a list of winners on their site.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Sat May 02, 2009 8:36 pm

I am still hoping that they have not decided on a winner yet, because I have not been contacted yet.

I want to win!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Sun May 03, 2009 6:19 am

Exactly the same! I keep checking this thread in the hope someone posts:

WELL DONE KIERAN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Sun May 03, 2009 2:55 pm

I've pretty much given up hope on this now to be honest.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Sun May 03, 2009 5:14 pm

I think that everyone who entered has a pretty good shot. Especially those who entered multiple times. This contest was pretty low-key, other than on the AP site, xoxo records site, and this forum there wasn't any info about this contest.
It wasn't post on TGA site or punknews or anywhere else.

I don't think I would have known about the contest if I didn't go to the xoxo records that one day.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Sun May 03, 2009 10:19 pm

I hope they do an announcement sometime soon... the suspense is killing me!
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Mon May 04, 2009 1:56 am

Well, doesn't the site mention that any prizes not claimed by the 7th will not be awarded. So I assume they're doing the drawing thursday or friday or at least letting people know who the winners are at that point. I figure they have to at least let the postmarked envelopes that may have been sent out on the 27th(mine included) arrive. I'm in Washington state and sending them to Ohio, I would hope they made it by now, but at least 7-10 days seems appropriate.

Either way, very anxious and I hope e7c does not win the grand prize, no offense, but you can only have so many test presses for that album and one is the limit, lol. So hopefully someone else gets it, hahaha. Regardless, I hope someone here gets it, not some random dude who just entered to win free shit, hate that.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 am

I hope I get it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Mon May 04, 2009 10:07 am

geezfools wrote:

Either way, very anxious and I hope e7c does not win the grand prize, no offense, but you can only have so many test presses for that album and one is the limit, lol. So hopefully someone else gets it, hahaha. Regardless, I hope someone here gets it, not some random dude who just entered to win free shit, hate that.

no offense taken... in all honesty I really do hope that I win this; but, I do understand people getting upset with me if I did win it.

The funny thing, is I really do expect to win the record, when I realized that you could only enter 1 time online I knew that write in votes were the way to go. Having hosted my own contests through "Volunteering Rocks" I learned something amazing... people are lazy and do not enter if it requires even minimal effort. So, I bought a stack of 100 3x5 cards, a pack of envelopes and a roll of stamps and entered 96 times (Monk-o-tron tore up 4 cards when I wasn't looking). So with 97 enteries, I bet I make up atleast half of the enteries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 am

e7c wrote:
geezfools wrote:

no offense taken... in all honesty I really do hope that I win this; but, I do understand people getting upset with me if I did win it.

The funny thing, is I really do expect to win the record, when I realized that you could only enter 1 time online I knew that write in votes were the way to go. Having hosted my own contests through "Volunteering Rocks" I learned something amazing... people are lazy and do not enter if it requires even minimal effort. So, I bought a stack of 100 3x5 cards, a pack of envelopes and a roll of stamps and entered 96 times (Monk-o-tron tore up 4 cards when I wasn't looking). So with 97 enteries, I bet I make up atleast half of the enteries.

What geezfools says is true, and e7c, that's Devotion. Its also pretty clever (People are lazy and do not enter via post), although I dread to think how much it would have cost me to mail 96 entries from the UK to the US! (maybe it would stil have been cheaper than bidding for the aforementioned record if it was to pop up on ebay though...)
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Mon May 04, 2009 4:34 pm

97 isn't bad, I only did 21. We'll see what happens. I'm just hoping they even look at the ones mailed in. Also, I wish they would do more contests through the mail and only by mail, no online bullshit. Make it interesting too. Maybe by postcard only and each postcard must be different.

Hope we find out sooooon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Mon May 04, 2009 6:28 pm

geezfools wrote:
97 isn't bad, I only did 21.

Only 21 eh Geezfools? Assuming you entered online also you have 21 more chances to win than I do. And I admire the commitment of yourself and e7c... if only the contest had been a UK one!
Back to top Go down
MissTiffers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Mon May 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Entries had to be postmarked by April 27th. I hope everyone got theirs in!
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Tue May 05, 2009 4:06 am

I have like a few I written up but didn't send them cause I had exams...stupid stupid stupid (smacks head against wall repeatedly).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Tue May 05, 2009 5:18 am

khchausk8er wrote:
I have like a few I written up but didn't send them cause I had exams...stupid stupid stupid (smacks head against wall repeatedly).

But if you win without sending them in, after writing them up...
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Tue May 05, 2009 5:01 pm

I did 20, plus the one online
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu May 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Winners of the contest announced on altpress:

They have the winner's names in full at site

1). m. thompson (houston, TX)
2). b. wilson (virginia beach, VA)
3). L. Hillyer (Cottage Grove, MN)
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   Thu May 07, 2009 6:00 pm

None from here I recognised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER   

Back to top Go down

Enter to win TEST PRESSING of SINK OR SWIM (celebrating TGA's ALT PRESS CVR) is OVER
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next