A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The People You Meet at Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who are you?
Shirtless Sweaty Kid
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Smelly Guy
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Androgynous Person
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
The Couple
18%
 18% [ 7 ]
Slightly Creepy Older Guy
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Short Girl
18%
 18% [ 7 ]
Dude Who Likes Singing While Looking At You
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Overly Energetic Guy
21%
 21% [ 8 ]
Dude Who Likes Yelling Things
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Dude Who Loves Opening Pits
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:59 pm

there's someone we've missed off here - the compulsive wannabe photographer who has to get the perfect shot! i'm affraid i'm one of those. i start off saying i'll just take a few snaps then end up using up all my memory stick and have to delete some of them so i can get shots with the band! d'oh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Tiffiny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't know where I fit in. I'm a girl of average height and I like to be up front, but I earn my place by getting there early and holding my place. I don't like being smacked down by people behind me and have people try and shove up into my space. I've had this happen too many times and I get overly protective. If you're not doing that, I'm pretty friendly.

It is me who is obsessed with the band and dragging my husband to concerts. I've actually kind of given up because he doesn't have a good time and isn't into being right up front, staying afterwards, etc...

Oh, and I don't want to marry/be impregnated by anyone in any band. Females are really getting a bad rap here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanindie.net
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:14 pm

What kind of existance is that though? Just living on the sole fact you got your 5 minutes of fame simply because you married a muscian or was knocked up by one.
I would rather find my own way in life than reap the benefits my partner's achievements.

I have to add that we can't put Hollie Fallon into this group. A tour manager isn't a job to be laughed at. I imagine it can be quite challenging, that is just the perception of a highly unorganised person though, aka myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
MissTiffers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm an energetic girl. I sing a lot too & watch out if you're someone who is into singing back. ^_^
Back to top Go down
MissTiffers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Tiffiny wrote:
I don't know where I fit in. I'm a girl of average height and I like to be up front, but I earn my place by getting there early and holding my place. I don't like being smacked down by people behind me and have people try and shove up into my space. I've had this happen too many times and I get overly protective. If you're not doing that, I'm pretty friendly.

It is me who is obsessed with the band and dragging my husband to concerts. I've actually kind of given up because he doesn't have a good time and isn't into being right up front, staying afterwards, etc...

Oh, and I don't want to marry/be impregnated by anyone in any band. Females are really getting a bad rap here.

Same here. Getting your spot only for someone to blatantly cut in front and then not even have the stones to turn around and look to see if they're in your way is garbage. I'm 5'8 so I know if someone shorter than me wants to squeeze in front [especially for pictures] I don't mind at all. What I'm not into is the squeezing in front and then BACKING into me like I need to move back. F that. "Excuse me" goes a long way in any setting. Poor manners are unacceptable and it boggles my mind how some people think they won't get their butt kicked for doing something like that. Maybe I won't, but there is someone who is bound to sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
koolmcr
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu May 28, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm the kid holding their smaller, more energetic friend from getting messed up in the pit XD. I was at an Alkaline Trio show last month, and said friend kept getting bashed around in the pit, falling down, etc. since she's small, and eventually I'm just holding her back from getting in there and murdering this guy who kept knocking her down.

I can also be categorized as the weird-ass looking kid who knows all the lyrics to every song and makes up hand motions for said lyrics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu May 28, 2009 7:16 pm

I don't think I really fit into any of these categories, thankfully, considering most of them are really annoying. How come there's no categories for chicks other than short girl, couple, and androgynous person. I think we need to update the poll.
Back to top Go down
waster

PostSubject: people i hate at gigs   Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:13 pm

that's funny and very true. should be a choice for annoying person with stupid hair. either to big so you can't see or people with dreads... they make you all itchy and are gnerally just annoying. or maybe twatty tall person who uses small people as resters... fucking hate those idiots
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Well I have to be the "slightly" (ha bloody ha) older guy - but hopefully not too weird. I was at the front at the London Forum show and I loved the fact that no-one saw me as being out of place - probably as I am so exceptionally youthful of appearance Very Happy

The thing that appeals to me more than anything with TGA is that no-one seems to care and that the audience is so diverse! At the Birmingham show I had on one side of me a guy with a huge green mohican and on the other a woman who was even older than me and ended up with a young girl on my shoulders - what more could I hope for!

Someone in a previous thread used the word "inclusive" to sum up TGA and I thought that captured it spot on!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:03 pm

english anthem wrote:
Well I have to be the "slightly" (ha bloody ha) older guy - but hopefully not too weird. I was at the front at the London Forum show and I loved the fact that no-one saw me as being out of place

what you say is very true, as you didn't even notice that there was an even more slightly older guy right at the front as well

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Were you with your daughter? If so I was next to you and her!

steady now steady now wrote:
english anthem wrote:
Well I have to be the "slightly" (ha bloody ha) older guy - but hopefully not too weird. I was at the front at the London Forum show and I loved the fact that no-one saw me as being out of place

what you say is very true, as you didn't even notice that there was an even more slightly older guy right at the front as well
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 pm

cheers Hi English Anthem! (That emoticon's an error, not sure how to delete!!)

I'm not too far behind you with the age thing, but am liking that about this forum, don't feel weird about it, but rather proud to be a fan!

I was at the HMV Forum gig too, but on one of those strategicaly placed little balcony bits towards the back...good for the bar and the loo!

Was at front at Glasto and it was just a great vibe, such a memory to hold. I was singing away with the teenaged guy next to me, he even did the arm around me jump up and down thing wihtout a care in the world....but by far the moment for me was after Bruce did the 59 Sound...teenaged guy turned to me and said 'I think I'm gonna cry'......fantastic!!!!
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Too right! The forum is great - have only ever used a Springsteen one before and I just hope this one doesn't go the same way! The people and messages here are superb.

I missed Glastonbury as I went to Hyde Park - and this is sad part - that was first Springsteen show in UK I have missed since 1989!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:23 pm

english anthem wrote:
The forum is great - have only ever used a Springsteen one before and I just hope this one doesn't go the same way! The people and messages here are superb.

Same here. On the other board, its one moan after another, and you end up wondering why people bother. At least the people on here actually like the band they write about and there are no morons on here either. It's a pretty clever bunch in fact.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh no! Gutting....I bet 1989 was amazing!!!! But at least you made Hyde Park....fave Springsteen song live? I think mine would have to be Thunder Road.
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:40 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Oh no! Gutting....I bet 1989 was amazing!!!! But at least you made Hyde Park....fave Springsteen song live? I think mine would have to be Thunder Road.

"No Surrender" with Brian Fallon - I believe to be the politically correct answer!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The People You Meet at Shows   

Back to top Go down

The People You Meet at Shows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2