A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Twitter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Twitter?   Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 pm

If you gave links to these RTs you're talking about, I might understand a bit more about why you took his tone to be making fun of innocents.

I think he was just having fun with the people who actually were complaining about silly things (well, things I consider silly) and it turned into a game where people who don't have complaints were making fun of those who were actually bitching and so they ended up trying to one up each other. I didn't take it seriously.

In regards to how chipper he is on stage, I think that is also subjective. I also think you can't just go by the one show you saw that night (and an RT about stage times) and use that to judge how he feels about touring in general.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Twitter?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:46 am

I went back to try and find the RTs that weren't so innocent and I think some people deleted theirs. Cuz the ones I saw when I went back were mostly the joking ones or one or two not so bad ones. And I recall seeing at least 5 or 6 really stupid ones that seemed serious.

I'll highlight the one that went on about how they didn't play biloxi parish at one show, and then didn't play old haunts at another, and then they played both at the third show but no Mae. With hastag "let me do the setlist".

That's not the most horrible thing a person could tweet but it's annoying when people complain all the time about setlists and have the audacity to think they could do it better. They didn't play a favorite or two, fine, you can be disappointed that's fair, but that doesn't make it a bad set list or make any particular fan better suited to write it. Look at it this way, would you like it if a bunch of strangers on any given day complained about how you were doing your job?

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Twitter?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:54 am

On the other hand, Gerard Way (who I am a fan of) is just tweeting all day about how great MCR was. Alright.
Back to top Go down
DianaAntonia
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Twitter?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm on twitter, @DiaanaAntonia. Too bad I (almost) only write in Swedish.
Twitter is the single best thing for beeing entertained all the time, haha.
And off course, it's awesome to get news and information faster than anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
DianaAntonia
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Twitter?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh, I must recomend everyone to follow Chris Farren! That guy is freakin hillarious!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Twitter?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:57 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Look at it this way, would you like it if a bunch of strangers on any given day complained about how you were doing your job?

it kinda comes with the territory, no? if you have a lot of fans seeing your shows and giving you money, there will always be some who complain about things. its just a fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twitter?   

Back to top Go down

Twitter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7