A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

shut out of presale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jonester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: shut out of presale   Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Trying for the 9:30 club, hit enter at exactly 12 and there were no tickets left. What kind of BS is that? Anyway if anyone finds themselves with an extra I would love to take it off your hands.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:52 am

Sorry that happened, was same for a lot of us. I kept trying and finally got tickets at almost 12:20. I'm hearing that it will be easier on Friday.

The worst part is that there were almost immediately tickets on resell sites for several times the face value. Some "fans" were clearly only in the presale on spec.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Fail
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 am

To be fair, it's a capacity of less than 1,500. Even assuming 25% of the tickets were in the presale, that's still only 350 or so. For a city of that size, as well as easily accessible from Philly, Baltimore etc it's no great surprise they went quickly.

Here's hoping you have better luck in the gen sale.
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Fan presale tickets should be limited to two tickets. When someone can clear $600 dollars for minimal effort it is hard tostop them. Cutting that profit down to 200 might make it less appealing. Also emailing each fan a specific code will help. Every Tom Dick and Harry knew what the code was
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:29 pm

jonester wrote:
Fan presale tickets should be limited to two tickets. When someone can clear $600 dollars for minimal effort it is hard tostop them. Cutting that profit down to 200 might make it less appealing. Also emailing each fan a specific code will help.  Every Tom Dick and Harry knew what the code was

Can't people do whatever they want with their tickets?
Back to top Go down
DarkPoet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:47 am

Depends whether you think buying tickets just to make a profit out of someone who couldn't manage to get to their computer at the right time / was behind you in the 'queue' is a) OK, b) morally reprehensible or somewhere in between, I guess...
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm of the opinion that the artist/venue set the price of the ticket and if you are buying the ticket it should be with the intention that you will attend (or give the tickets as a gift). If you can't or decide not to go, you should sell them for face. As a ticket holder you are not doing anything to up the value of the ticket, so you should not be making money on it.

People who buy tickets on spec hoping to mark them up are not fans. They don't deserve to get pre-sale codes meant for fans.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm

shiftynj wrote:
I'm of the opinion that the artist/venue set the price of the ticket and if you are buying the ticket it should be with the intention that you will attend (or give the tickets as a gift). If you can't or decide not to go, you should sell them for face.  As a ticket holder you are not doing anything to up the value of the ticket, so you should not be making money on it.  

People who buy tickets on spec hoping to mark them up are not fans. They don't deserve to get pre-sale codes meant for fans.

Back to top Go down
DarkPoet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm

No; it's mine, too.

It's not the first time it's happened, but I couldn't get tickets for Glasgow, and whilst I was in the process of trying (i.e., within 30 minutes of them going on public sale), they were on Ticketbastard's 'Resale Marketplace' for double face value.
Now, I love TGA, and I might just be willing to pay that much to go see them if the money was going to them / the venue, but it's not; it's going to some a-hole who's bought tickets for the express purpose of ripping off punters who're desperate to see their favourite band, so I'm not going to do it.
It's Capitalism's wet dream and it makes me wanna puke No
They're depriving someone who might have just been able to afford going to the gig and making sure only those wealthy enough to afford double can go, all for their own profit. I hope they get stuck with them.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

DarkPoet wrote:
I couldn't get tickets for Glasgow, and whilst I was in the process of trying (i.e., within 30 minutes of them going on public sale), they were on Ticketbastard's 'Resale Marketplace' for double face value.

That's the worst part. TicketGouger is making money coming and going, by encouraging this insidious speculative behavior.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm

DarkPoet wrote:
No; it's mine, too.

It's not the first time it's happened, but I couldn't get tickets for Glasgow, and whilst I was in the process of trying (i.e., within 30 minutes of them going on public sale), they were on Ticketbastard's 'Resale Marketplace' for double face value.
Now, I love TGA, and I might just be willing to pay that much to go see them if the money was going to them / the venue, but it's not; it's going to some a-hole who's bought tickets for the express purpose of ripping off punters who're desperate to see their favourite band, so I'm not going to do it.
It's Capitalism's wet dream and it makes me wanna puke No
They're depriving someone who might have just been able to afford going to the gig and making sure only those wealthy enough to afford double can go, all for their own profit. I hope they get stuck with them.

So are you sayin you're a commie?
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Being pro-price gouger/ticket scalper isn't a real defensible position. It's just a dick thing to do.
Back to top Go down
DarkPoet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Gumption,
I'm sure you don't seriously think I'm about to discuss my political ideals with someone whose reaction to the slightest whiff of anti-Capitalist sentiment is to resort to childish, ill-informed, politically immature pejoratives that seem to have been dredged up from the era of McCarthyism.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm

DarkPoet wrote:
Gumption,
I'm sure you don't seriously think I'm about to discuss my political ideals with someone whose reaction to the slightest whiff of anti-Capitalist sentiment is to resort to childish, ill-informed, politically immature pejoratives that seem to have been dredged up from the era of McCarthyism.

I'm sure you don't seriously think I care about your political ideals. Childish and ill-informed as I may be, I have tickets and money.
Back to top Go down
DarkPoet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:58 pm

If you don't care, why ask?
The phrase "I have tickets and money" tells me all I need to know.
Funny little troll.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:11 pm

DarkPoet wrote:
Funny little troll.

Yeah. The posting history is a pretty solid giveaway. Weird type of board to try and troll, though.
Back to top Go down
DarkPoet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Yes; not a particularly pleasant first exchange to be involved in, but my own fault for feeding the troll, and he's obviously not typical of the DSS membership, so moving right along... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
DarkPoet wrote:
Funny little troll.

Yeah. The posting history is a pretty solid giveaway. Weird type of board to try and troll, though.

What'd Yoda say?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shut out of presale   

Back to top Go down

shut out of presale
Page 1 of 1