A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3275
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:29 pm

I thought's I'd start a Sleepwalkers vinyl thread.

The deluxe vinyl in the US store (only available in bundles) has now sold out. It was advertised as 'Red Translucent Colored Vinyl' in a 'Deluxe Gatefold Jacket'. No idea though on pressing numbers.

The 'Black Vinyl' in a 'Single Jacket' is still available; I assume that this is likely to be unlimited.

No UK or Euro pre-orders yet as far as I can see.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org † †| † †www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:00 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I thought's I'd start a Sleepwalkers vinyl thread.

The deluxe vinyl in the US store (only available in bundles) has now sold out. †It was advertised as 'Red Translucent Colored Vinyl' in a 'Deluxe Gatefold Jacket'. †No idea though on pressing numbers.

The 'Black Vinyl' in a 'Single Jacket' is still available; I assume that this is likely to be unlimited.

No UK or Euro pre-orders yet as far as I can see.

Thanks for starting this tread.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3275
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:14 pm

The deluxe vinyl seems to be available again.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org † †| † †www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 31
Location : Germany, HH

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:40 am

there is a pre-order of the sleepwalkers Vinyl with a Bonus 7 inch (coloured) limited to /500 at greenhell! Smile They wrote semi exclusive so there has to be another mailorder selling it...

https://www.flight13.com/details/brian-fallon-the-howling-weather-sleepwalkers-128547



Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3275
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:48 am

sinkorswimmydear wrote:
there is a pre-order of the sleepwalkers Vinyl with a Bonus 7 inch (coloured) limited to /500 at greenhell! Smile They wrote semi exclusive so there has to be another mailorder selling it...

https://www.flight13.com/details/brian-fallon-the-howling-weather-sleepwalkers-128547

Thank you. Nice!

It says: "auf 500 limitierte 2xLP mit farbiger 7" mit exklusiver B-Seite". B-Side is in the singular. †We'll see.

The proper pre-order is up too now, which confirms that the European pressing is on 2 x 12" black vinyl - http://shop.virginemi.com/brianfallon/. I suspect that only the 7" is limited to 500, as with a previous TGA bonus 7".

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org † †| † †www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 965
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 56
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 pm

finest vinyl also have it with the first 100 getting the 7" , Green Hell you can order with or without 7"
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3275
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:22 pm

brucesboots wrote:
finest vinyl also have it with the first 100 getting the 7" , Green Hell you can order with or without 7"

http://www.finestvinyl.de/rock-vinyl/fallon-brian-sleepwalkers/?item=121243

http://greenhell.de/navi.php?a=78692&lang=eng


_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org † †| † †www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 148
Join date : 2010-02-24
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:07 pm

Pre-order up at Banquet:

Indies exclusive LP is on red coloured vinyl /300 and only available in the UK from us

https://www.banquetrecords.com/brian-fallon/sleepwalkers/brianfallonLP2
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3275
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm

bobbyjames wrote:
Pre-order up at Banquet:

Indies exclusive LP is on red coloured vinyl /300 and only available in the UK from us

https://www.banquetrecords.com/brian-fallon/sleepwalkers/brianfallonLP2

Banquet Records have since said the following:

"Looks like there was a little confusion with the original listing of this one. The indies exclusive red LP is not a banquet exclusive - it is a limited press of which 300 copies have been allocated to the UK. Apologies for any misunderstandings."

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org † †| † †www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 148
Join date : 2010-02-24
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 am

steady now steady now wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:
Pre-order up at Banquet:

Indies exclusive LP is on red coloured vinyl /300 and only available in the UK from us

https://www.banquetrecords.com/brian-fallon/sleepwalkers/brianfallonLP2

Banquet Records have since said the following:

"Looks like there was a little confusion with the original listing of this one. The indies exclusive red LP is not a banquet exclusive - it is a limited press of which 300 copies have been allocated to the UK. Apologies for any misunderstandings."

Yeah I got an email about this, I'm going to assume this will be different to the deluxe version from the US store?

Also has there been any confirmation on the colour of the version from the German stores posted above with the bonus 7"? Will it just be the standard black with a bonus 7"?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1857
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:07 am

Just heard back from Brianís Mgmt that the Banquet exclusive red version is the same as the US pressing

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 39
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:55 am

I know they changed 'exclusive' to 'indies only', but that really doesn't apply when it's also being sold by one of the big players in the music e-commerce business does it???

I just wish they would just market these things honestly and be up front about what's available in each territory, rather than just conning money out of us all. 😡

/rant over.

Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 148
Join date : 2010-02-24
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Well it appears I have the same variant on order twice!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3275
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:20 am

The European double 12" of 'Sleepwalkers' is 45 RPM.

The exclusive 7" has
A: Forget Me Not
B: Forget Me Not - Acoustic.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org † †| † †www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 148
Join date : 2010-02-24
Age : 30
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:50 am

I'm hoping my copy from Banquet turns up today, haven't had a shipping notification from the official US store yet.
Back to top Go down
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 39
Location : Versailles, KY

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:19 pm

I picked up a copy (standard black, US, 2LP, 45rpm) at my local record store yesterday...to find out the first LP is cupped something awful. It actually threw the tonearm off the record, the shaping is so bad. I flipped it, figure I could at least listen to side B; while it did lay flat with a record clamp, there is clearly a pressing defect, as the stylus skipped through the first few grooves before settling. Disappointed in that, but Spotify will work for now!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3275
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:08 pm

moodydan wrote:
I picked up a copy (standard black, US, 2LP, 45rpm) at my local record store yesterday...to find out the first LP is cupped something awful. It actually threw the tonearm off the record, the shaping is so bad. I flipped it, figure I could at least listen to side B; while it did lay flat with a record clamp, there is clearly a pressing defect, as the stylus skipped through the first few grooves before settling. Disappointed in that, but Spotify will work for now!

So the US standard is over 2 LPs as well, like the Euro one? That's not what it says on the website.

12 track Album
Single jacket with lyrics sheet
Black vinyl


In that case, I wouldn't have ordered the US one.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org † †| † †www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 39
Location : Versailles, KY

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 pm

It doesnít explicitly state that it isnít over 2 LPís, I guess? I donít know. But I did buy it in the US, and thatís what I got!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 39
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm

My order says 'standard LP', so I shall be complaining if it turns out to be the double. I'm already pretty annoyed that the 'indies exclusive' has turned out to be identical to the one from the distinctly not indie online store, and the whole fiasco of not getting the downloads. Whoever is responsible for the marketing needs a rocket!

Back to top Go down
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 39
Location : Versailles, KY

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Whoever is responsible for the marketing needs a rocket!

Sent from Topic'it App

Does this not seem like a trend with both TGA and Brian's solo stuff? Seems like a curse. I'll be exchanging and getting another copy, if anything is different I will let you guys know!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 39
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 pm

I think the store he used for Painkillers was vastly superior. They at least provided downloads as the songs were released, and kept us informed about delays. I’ve just had an email back from the official store to say there’s been a delay and my order will ship in 1-2 week - well why the hell didn’t they tell me that without having to be asked?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 224
Join date : 2012-12-16
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 am

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I'm already pretty annoyed that the 'indies exclusive' has turned out to be identical to the one from the distinctly not indie online store

Banquet Records IS an independent store though, albeit bigger than most and with a very good online presence.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 39
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 am

Banquet’s independent, but Brian’s official store is run by Fame House, who are definitely not an independent record store. We’ve been told that their deluxe version is the same pressing.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2008-10-09
Age : 32
Location : Ennsbach, Austria

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am

any of you guys got multible copies of the red version? I'd be interested in it if you want to get rid of one (EU preferred)
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1857
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:08 pm


_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 'Sleepwalkers' vinyl   

Back to top Go down
 
'Sleepwalkers' vinyl
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Brian Fallon solo ('Painkillers' onwards)-
Jump to: