A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:41 am

Started a new thread where we can collect all info about Brian's second album. This is what we know so far:

Albumtitle seems to be SLEEPWALKERS
Release date:  February 9 2018 on Island Records
Produced by Ted Hutt
First single: Forget Me Not (released October 27 2018)

Preorder bundles available here:
US preorder: https://shop.brianfallonmusic.com/
UK preorder: http://shop.virginemi.com/brianfallon/ (not available yet)

Artwork:

Source: https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Brian-Fallon-Releases-New-Single-New-Album-Out-February-20171027

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Last edited by enola on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
BKO5950505
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:01 pm

enola wrote:

First single: Forget Me Not (released October 27 2018)

Preorders start on Oct. 27 2018
Damn...Thats a long wait Wink
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Ugh, now the reference to the pre-order bundles disappeared and it goes to a page saying "no offers at this time". Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Here’s hoping the track listing comes out soon
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:45 pm

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME:

Okay, so we now have two data points for Brian Fallon solo records (Painkillers and Sleepwalkers) which somewhat play off each other, a theory occurred to me.  The Brian Fallon Solo Project is simply a trilogy during a hiatus of TGA which is about rebirth.  In this scenario, we have PAINKILLERS (putting yourself to sleep), SLEEPWALKERS (Asleep and dreaming/moving), and finally, UNTITLED THIRD ALBUM (will be something about waking up renewed).

I would say that Painkillers was about leaving something for something better (Smoke, Among Other Foolish Things, Red Lights form a nice example).  Our one song (and multiple interviews) from Sleepwalkers is about being at that better place but being unsure (Forget Me Not is a 'happy song' about being visited in the grave, a more upbeat version of "Underneath the Ground" really).  I think the third album is gonna be the happiest we have heard our boy since he Came To Dance.

After the third record, Brian, the Alex's, and Benny reunite under the Central Jersey skies.

/Takes off tinfoil hat
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:08 am

Asmith1912 wrote:
CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME:

Okay, so we now have two data points for Brian Fallon solo records (Painkillers and Sleepwalkers) which somewhat play off each other, a theory occurred to me.  The Brian Fallon Solo Project is simply a trilogy during a hiatus of TGA which is about rebirth.  In this scenario, we have PAINKILLERS (putting yourself to sleep), SLEEPWALKERS (Asleep and dreaming/moving), and finally, UNTITLED THIRD ALBUM (will be something about waking up renewed).

I would say that Painkillers was about leaving something for something better (Smoke, Among Other Foolish Things, Red Lights form a nice example).  Our one song (and multiple interviews) from Sleepwalkers is about being at that better place but being unsure (Forget Me Not is a 'happy song' about being visited in the grave, a more upbeat version of "Underneath the Ground" really).  I think the third album is gonna be the happiest we have heard our boy since he Came To Dance.

After the third record, Brian, the Alex's, and Benny reunite under the Central Jersey skies.

/Takes off tinfoil hat
Clap Clap High Five High Five Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:52 am

Asmith1912 wrote:
CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME:

/Takes off tinfoil hat

THIS JUST MADE MY DAY lol!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Asmith1912 wrote:
CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME:

/Takes off tinfoil hat

Noooooo!!! No third album. I want them back sooner than that Sad Sad Sad

Interesting theory though. And I'd be all for it if it didn't mean 2-3 more years before TGA is back.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:42 am

Good theory

No way brian could ever stick to a plan that long though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album   

Back to top Go down

SLEEPWALKERS - Brian's second solo album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1