A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:11 pm

ivienco wrote:
Shelby you're so right! I feel like I'm invading his privacy just listening to the song. Whatever happened to the private guy who didn't want anyone to know about his life... Especially after hearing If Your Prayers Don't Get To Heaven now!!
About the lyrics I thought something similar, as someone else said somewhere here already, it's just an upbeat version of Underneath The Ground for me. Like there's no evolution lyrics-wise anywhere. I do like the melodies he's writing, so that evens things up a bit. Like, I love what he's releasing so far, but I'm hoping this is just the safe bet to lure us in with "the familiar songs" and then blow our minds with the rest.

I hope the underneath the ground comparison I made is not killing this song for others!  But I am with the majority here.  When Red Lights first came out, I listened on repeat.  Same with Nobody Wins, Painkillers, and other songs as they came out (interestingly, I only like Wonderful Life when he does that breakdown just before the final chorus, see below at 2:20).  With this, I just... haven't really listened to it that much.  And I haven't listened to Prayers since the show in NYC last week.  Hopefully the rest of the songs grab me but... IDK

Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 am

Found these video's of Forget Me Not and If Your Prayers Don't Get To Heaven.
The band sounds great!
Back to top Go down

Forget Me Not - First single from Brian's new album OUT NOW!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3