A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

(Brian Fallon) second solo album....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Brian Fallon LP 2??? Just curious about this because I saw something on the Twitter but I can't seem to find anything online about it, or here... my go to place for such topics. Please help this guy (the one typing this message) here...

Thx!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 pm

I found this... Writing songs, etc., but any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,TGAforLIFE

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/732524/Brian-Fallon-The-Gaslight-Anthem-solo-album-tour-Painkillers
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:02 pm

He's been posting on Instagram lately, he's writing and prepping the new album Smile

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQeE-qNDfCa/?taken-by=thebrianfallon
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm very curious how his new solo record will sound like..he has posted a few pictures in instagram lately regarding his new album!

I know it's a bit too early to guess..but when do you think will we hear a new song or when do you think will the new record be released?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm excited about it already. I love everything he does anyway, but on his first Instagram post about it he concluded with #heavyrandb (or something similar) which makes me think of a lot of my favourite bands from the seventies. I'll be surprised if he makes anything as good as Painkillers, but I have great confidence it will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm pretty sure it will be good but so good as Painkillers will be difficult but we will see
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Thu May 04, 2017 5:55 pm

I guess Brian's recent instagram post is promising and pointing to the new record I think
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Fri May 05, 2017 4:40 am

Definitely seems like it's on the cards. He cancelled that gig in London because of recording commitments, so I'd guess it's all happening pretty soon.

From the kind of music he seems to be inspired by at the moment, I think it will be something quite different from Painkillers. I certainly hope that's the case, because I think if he tries to do something in the same style it would be very difficult to make it as good. And he's always said he's not a fan of looking back and trying to recreate something from the past. I have high hopes for it; he hasn't let me down to date!
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Sat May 06, 2017 1:49 am

I think you are right, lots of references on Twitter and Instagram to studio work. Of course he's also worked on the Scandals and Matthew Ryan's new albums recently.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Sat May 06, 2017 5:57 pm

I cannot wait how his new solo record will sound like...probably completely different than the other one or THC and M&TZ
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Sun May 07, 2017 9:00 am

I'd love to see him get more creative with chord progressions.

A wonderful life, Among other foolish things, Nobody wins, Rosemary and Red lights (off the top of my head) all have the same chord progression in the chorus. In different keys perhaps, but still. It's one of my favorites, and when you're writing pop/rock songs you're kind of limited regardless, but we've seen him experiment in the past so I'd like to see some of that.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Mon May 22, 2017 5:56 pm

it seems like the record will come out around autumn
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Randomly just saw this but Brian responded to a comment on his latest instagram and said Ted Hutt will be producing.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Tue May 23, 2017 11:02 am

eagles1139 wrote:
Randomly just saw this but Brian responded to a comment on his latest instagram and said Ted Hutt will be producing.

cheers

That's great news. The best sounding Gaslight (and the Horrible Crowes) albums were produced by him.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Tue May 23, 2017 5:40 pm

My first thought was to be disappointed that he's not working with Butch Walker again, but actually I'm hoping this record won't be Painkillers part 2, but something different. And actually, Ted did my other two favourite records that Brian has made, so clearly they make a good team. Good news.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm

those are great news! cannot wait to hear his new record!
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 am

Harbortown wrote:
A wonderful life, Among other foolish things, Nobody wins, Rosemary and Red lights (off the top of my head) all have the same chord progression in the chorus.

I never noticed that. But those are the catchiest songs on the album, so this progression seems to work. Anyway, I'm excited for the new album. I'm sure it'll be great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrismasi.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Brian Fallon) second solo album....   

Back to top Go down

(Brian Fallon) second solo album....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1