A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots   Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:51 pm

In light of last week's ticket release for House of Independents in Asbury Park, which sold out in seconds, I noticed this article. It appears Congress is attempting to crack down on scalpers using bots to obtain mass amounts of tickets. I would have thought this was already illegal.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/08/504843205/bots-b-gone-congress-bans-ticket-scalpers-tool-blamed-for-quick-sell-outs

Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots   Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Not sure about legality, but most ticket sellers try to stop them - usually via those annoying things where you have to type a word you can barely read. It never seems to work though. There are moves to change the law here as well, but it's a difficult process I guess.

Best way around it I ever saw was when Rage Against The Machine got the xmas number one, and did a free gig by way of a thank you. When you applied for tickets, you had to submit a photo of each person you were applying for, and then they were printed on the tickets. Security checked the tickets on the way in, so I guess you could sell to someone that looked a bit like you, but it certainly prevented this anonymous online selling.
Back to top Go down

Congress Passes Law Banning Scalper Bots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1