A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Brian Tops Star Ledger's "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Brian Tops Star Ledger's "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"   Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Bobby Oliver of Advance Media (publishers of the Newark Star Ledger, Jersey City Journal etc.) published a list of "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"    

Brian was #1.  Jared Hart/The Scandals also made the list.  (Noticeably absent: the Bouncing Souls Shocked ) and I'm proud to say my friend's band The Vansaders did too.  I found a few more (Victory Boulevard & Hodera, for starters) to check out. There's also a Spotify playlist
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Brian Tops Star Ledger's "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"   Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:20 pm

its great to see Jared also listed
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Tops Star Ledger's "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"   Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:51 pm

The Souls have been around for 27 years, so it's not too surprising that they'd get left off a list like that, but it's great to see Brian getting some recognition!
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Tops Star Ledger's "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"   Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:19 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
The Souls have been around for 27 years, so it's not too surprising that they'd get left off a list like that, but it's great to see Brian getting some recognition!

Yea that makes sense, I guess Brian is still seen as "up and coming" because it's his first solo effort.

I'm proud that my friend's band The Vansaders made this list, and I found two new ones (so far) to follow: Hodera and Victory Boulevard. Going to see the former next month.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Tops Star Ledger's "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"   

Back to top Go down

Brian Tops Star Ledger's "25 Bands Leading NJ's New Rock Movement"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1