A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:06 pm

You know what really pisses me off, like a lot?
The fact that the super depressed drummer of the crowes doesn't play the original drum fillings of Ladykiller.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Rose1991 wrote:
Adventures in OKC:

I love that about him though. It's an utterly hopeless endeavor, but he just goes for it without even thinking twice about maybe having to do just a little bit of research to be able to pull it off. Godspeed to that glorious idiot.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:50 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
The fact that the super depressed drummer of the crowes doesn't play the original drum fillings of Ladykiller.
Got any examples? I gotta compare.
Back to top Go down
SarahSarahSarah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:21 pm

I need a gosh dang burrito.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Everybody needs a burrito.

By the way I'm not sure I mentioned this and I can't be bothered looking it up, but I've been a vegetarian for a few months now and so should the rest of you people. The meat industry is seriously damaging our planet.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:36 am

Harbortown wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
Got any examples? I gotta compare.

It's kiiiinda ugly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foc_luD4TEc
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Guess what? I went on a date.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:29 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Guess what? I went on a date.
lol!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:58 pm

I'm being serious. I actually went on a date with a woman today.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:26 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I'm being serious.  I actually went on a date with a woman today.
Ouch. A "day date"? Suspect
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:20 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I'm being serious.  I actually went on a date with a woman today.
Ouch. A "day date"? Suspect
She works night shift, and that was the only time that worked for both of us.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:32 am

I'm such a terrible human being. I hate the video for Nobody Wins. I hate the new version of Long Drives. I hate the new version of Smoke. I absolutely hate the song Steve McQueen. I never imagined I could have such a strong dislike for anything Brian does, but this solo shit ain't doin' it for me.

I hate that Brian doesn't like his hand tattoos and I hate what he said about Gaslight possibly not getting back together after him most assuredly saying they wouldn't be gone that long.

I want my punk stuff, I want my Gaslight, I want my Alex Levine. Obviously Brian's happiness is a lot more important than my stupid opinions, but I can't deny that I love Brian, Benny, Ian, Alex, and Alex just as much if not more than Brian himself.

I wish I could move on with my life, but there's not a single band out there even half as good as Gaslight is/was.

Whatever.

I love you, Brian, even if I don't love everything you do.

This has been my unnecessary 4:30 a.m. rant. Thank you for your patience.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:07 am

Rose1991 wrote:
I'm such a terrible human being. I hate the video for Nobody Wins. I hate the new version of Long Drives. I hate the new version of Smoke. I absolutely hate the song Steve McQueen. I never imagined I could have such a strong dislike for anything Brian does, but this solo shit ain't doin' it for me.

I do not like the video for nobody wins either.

I do not enjoy the new versions of the songs because they don't have that band vibe that the MATZ songs had, at all. I don't see anything wrong with not liking his solo stuff, it's no TGA.

Rose1991 wrote:
I hate that Brian doesn't like his hand tattoos and I hate what he said about Gaslight possibly not getting back together after him most assuredly saying they wouldn't be gone that long.

Did he expressively said that it was his hand tattoos? Might be some other tattoo. It's some personal stuff, so I don't really get how it bums you out in any way.

Word on the street says they will get back. When Tom Petty did his solo album it allowed him to go back stronger to the Heartbreakers. I'm pretty sure this is a good thing and that TGA will overcome stronger than ever from every side project they had going on. It's a breath of fresh air for them.

Rose1991 wrote:
I wish I could move on with my life, but there's not a single band out there even half as good as Gaslight is/was.

Don't wish for it, work for it.

Ever tried to listen to "Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers" maybe? There ain't much good bands in the like of TGA, but there is enough music being made in this day and age for you to come out with something else great to listen and enjoy too. And if that is not enough, start writting your own songs.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:03 am

The_River wrote:

Did he expressively said that it was his hand tattoos? Might be some other tattoo. It's some personal stuff, so I don't really get how it bums you out in any way.

He's said in the past that he doesn't really like them because he can't cover them. I just think his hand tattoos are really beautiful and it makes me sad that it's something he doesn't seem to particularly like about himself. It just kinda tied in with my rant because he's getting older and kinda moving past the whole punk thing and here I am, nine years his junior wanting the punk to last forever.

The_River wrote:

Word on the street says they will get back. When Tom Petty did his solo album it allowed him to go back stronger to the Heartbreakers. I'm pretty sure this is a good thing and that TGA will overcome stronger than ever from every side project they had going on. It's a breath of fresh air for them.

I doubt they'll ever close the book entirely, but his comments on the matter ping pong from "Yes" to "We'll see" to "Maybe not." I'm all for the break and I understand their reasoning for it, but if they never get back together... Well, it doesn't do any good to dwell on what-if's.

The_River wrote:

Ever tried to listen to "Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers" maybe? There ain't much good bands in the like of TGA, but there is enough music being made in this day and age for you to come out with something else great to listen and enjoy too.

Yeah, but none of them hold a candle to Brian and the guys. There's plenty of good music out there and plenty of great music, but there's nothing like Gaslight and there never will be.

I mean, I have plenty of other hobbies and fandoms to keep me busy, but a life without Gaslight is still kinda bleak and depressing no matter how many other things I have to substitute with. But at least the music will always be there no matter what. sunny
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:22 pm

I often think about how fucking excellent American Slang would be had they produced it with open chords and The Cure-esque 80s reverb. It's an excellent record in terms of songwriting but the production is so dry, I don't think I'll ever get over that.

Anyway yes it's really sad that the band is on this hiatus. It was nice getting used to getting a new album every two years.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Rose1991 wrote:
and I hate what he said about Gaslight possibly not getting back together after him most assuredly saying they wouldn't be gone that long.

I want my punk stuff, I want my Gaslight, I want my Alex Levine. Obviously Brian's happiness is a lot more important than my stupid opinions, but I can't deny that I love Brian, Benny, Ian, Alex, and Alex just as much if not more than Brian himself.

I just listened to an interview of Brian which lasted for around 30 min (I think it was also posted in dimestore) and the interviewer asked (like every one does) about the future of Gaslight...he asked if there is something more coming from Gaslight and Brian replied something like: yeah they will be back, but don't know how long it will take..
if I understood it right...

and I also think that Brian is a bit annoyed of always being asked over and over again the same question about the future of Gaslight, I mean he cannot say for sure that there will be something, than everyone is waiting for it and they are kinda forced to do something and on the other hand he can also not say..there won't be a new record anymore...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:54 pm

For the record I think the Nobody wins video is fucking beautiful and serves as a perfect metaphor for the lyrical content.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:00 am

I've said it before. Look at Bruce and E street. No one thought Bruce would go back on tour after that messy of a band breakup...and look what happened in 1995, then 2000, then 2002.... Brian,Alex,Benny,etc agreed to take a break on good terms.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:19 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
Rose1991 wrote:
and I hate what he said about Gaslight possibly not getting back together after him most assuredly saying they wouldn't be gone that long.

I just listened to an interview of Brian which lasted for around 30 min (I think it was also posted in dimestore) and the interviewer asked (like every one does) about the future of Gaslight...he asked if there is something more coming from Gaslight and Brian replied something like: yeah they will be back, but don't know how long it will take..
if I understood it right...

and I also think that Brian is a bit annoyed of always being asked over and over again the same question about the future of Gaslight, I mean he cannot say for sure that there will be something, than everyone is waiting for it and they are kinda forced to do something and on the other hand he can also not say..there won't be a new record anymore...

Yeah, I imagine at this point Brian probably feels like this:

Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:49 pm

yeah definitely
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Man, Tennant was a great doctor. I personally rank them, Tennant, Capaldi, Smith and Ellecston.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:05 am

I'm all about 9 and 10. 11 had some great moments, but he went downhill towards the end of Amy's run (I blame Moffat) and 12 I haven't even seen anything of because I'm sick of Moffat's convoluted bullshit and I hate Clara too much to have continued. Looking forward to what Chibnall brings to the table though. I'm so happy Clara's dead.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:18 pm

Clara was only a pretty face, after the whole " Scattered along the Doctor's timeline" she should have been retired. Capaldi is a lot like 9's comedic sense.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Im depressed. Hollywood just murdered "The Dark Tower" series. They announced a movie version, with idris Elba cast as Roland. Roland is supposed to be an exact clone of Clint Eastwood. Plus this completely screws up the whole development with Susanah, who started as a racist African American woman who hates Roland due to him being white. Don't get me started on them casting Matthew mcConnlay asthe man in black.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:09 am

They're both fantastic actors though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top