A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Social Distortion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:49 am

anyone got any news about the new album?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 28
Location : Dallas , Tx

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:48 am

is it actually happening this time?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 am

http://www.punknews.org/article/38581

this is the latest I could find.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 am

nice
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Fall Tour announced with Lucero and Frank Turner...Unfortunately no California date
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Holy crap. Second best thing to a Gaslight Lucero Turner tour.

I'll probably be going to the Cleveland date. Anyone from Pittsburgh willing to give me a ride? =P
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 27
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm

same time as fest...great lineup though
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1624
Join date : 2008-08-19
Location : Cleveland, OH

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:23 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Fall Tour announced with Lucero and Frank Turner...Unfortunately no California date
Holy SHIT!!! Unbelievable line up. Thank you for posting this. This just made my day. 3 of my top 10 artists of all time, one show. I would go see any of those guys on their own, but this is just incredible. So excited.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Fall Tour announced with Lucero and Frank Turner...Unfortunately no California date
Holy SHIT!!! Unbelievable line up. Thank you for posting this. This just made my day. 3 of my top 10 artists of all time, one show. I would go see any of those guys on their own, but this is just incredible. So excited.

I know. I'm still geeking out about it. Will probably cost me upwards of $100 after you figure extortion master prices and a bus to Cleveland but it'll honestly be worth it. All three are easily in my top ten (if not top five) bands I still need to see live.

Tour seems targeted right at Gaslight fans. I wonder if this was at all intentional. They've toured Europe with Gaslight and while Gaslight is too big to open for them now trying to pull in their fanbase isn't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:04 pm

I think because of Outside Lands festival there's no other bay
area show at this point.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 28
Location : Dallas , Tx

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:02 pm

3 Texas dates, fucking stoked
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 pm

i might check out this Lucero band, Frank and Social D would be great to see together.

I like Ben Nichols but never got around to Lucero.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Do yourself a favor and pick up their latest album. Best album of last year hands down.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:35 am

CluckyB wrote:
Jukebox Romeo wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Fall Tour announced with Lucero and Frank Turner...Unfortunately no California date
Holy SHIT!!! Unbelievable line up. Thank you for posting this. This just made my day. 3 of my top 10 artists of all time, one show. I would go see any of those guys on their own, but this is just incredible. So excited.

I know. I'm still geeking out about it. Will probably cost me upwards of $100 after you figure extortion master prices and a bus to Cleveland but it'll honestly be worth it. All three are easily in my top ten (if not top five) bands I still need to see live.

Tour seems targeted right at Gaslight fans. I wonder if this was at all intentional. They've toured Europe with Gaslight and while Gaslight is too big to open for them now trying to pull in their fanbase isn't a bad idea.

Gaslight is too big to open up for who??
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:37 am

steph wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
Jukebox Romeo wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Fall Tour announced with Lucero and Frank Turner...Unfortunately no California date
Holy SHIT!!! Unbelievable line up. Thank you for posting this. This just made my day. 3 of my top 10 artists of all time, one show. I would go see any of those guys on their own, but this is just incredible. So excited.

I know. I'm still geeking out about it. Will probably cost me upwards of $100 after you figure extortion master prices and a bus to Cleveland but it'll honestly be worth it. All three are easily in my top ten (if not top five) bands I still need to see live.

Tour seems targeted right at Gaslight fans. I wonder if this was at all intentional. They've toured Europe with Gaslight and while Gaslight is too big to open for them now trying to pull in their fanbase isn't a bad idea.

Gaslight is too big to open up for who??

Social D
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:25 am

CluckyB wrote:
steph wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
Jukebox Romeo wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Fall Tour announced with Lucero and Frank Turner...Unfortunately no California date
Holy SHIT!!! Unbelievable line up. Thank you for posting this. This just made my day. 3 of my top 10 artists of all time, one show. I would go see any of those guys on their own, but this is just incredible. So excited.

I know. I'm still geeking out about it. Will probably cost me upwards of $100 after you figure extortion master prices and a bus to Cleveland but it'll honestly be worth it. All three are easily in my top ten (if not top five) bands I still need to see live.

Tour seems targeted right at Gaslight fans. I wonder if this was at all intentional. They've toured Europe with Gaslight and while Gaslight is too big to open for them now trying to pull in their fanbase isn't a bad idea.

Gaslight is too big to open up for who??

Social D

i was thinking that was what you were thinking, but then i was like "????????WHTTHFCKWHT???" i love Gaslight, but even I think that is a bold, ostentatious statement.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 938
Join date : 2008-12-27
Age : 27
Location : San Francisco, CA

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:09 pm

A Gaslight/Social D co-headlined tour with Frank Turner supporting, or the Loved Ones, or Lucero. I'd go nuts
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:37 pm

steph wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
steph wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
Jukebox Romeo wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Fall Tour announced with Lucero and Frank Turner...Unfortunately no California date
Holy SHIT!!! Unbelievable line up. Thank you for posting this. This just made my day. 3 of my top 10 artists of all time, one show. I would go see any of those guys on their own, but this is just incredible. So excited.

I know. I'm still geeking out about it. Will probably cost me upwards of $100 after you figure extortion master prices and a bus to Cleveland but it'll honestly be worth it. All three are easily in my top ten (if not top five) bands I still need to see live.

Tour seems targeted right at Gaslight fans. I wonder if this was at all intentional. They've toured Europe with Gaslight and while Gaslight is too big to open for them now trying to pull in their fanbase isn't a bad idea.

Gaslight is too big to open up for who??

Social D

i was thinking that was what you were thinking, but then i was like "????????WHTTHFCKWHT???" i love Gaslight, but even I think that is a bold, ostentatious statement.

Nothing against Social D, but I could only see Gaslight opening for some big band on a stadium tour at this point. Am I over estimating their popularity?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:33 pm

CluckyB wrote:


Nothing against Social D, but I could only see Gaslight opening for some big band on a stadium tour at this point. Am I over estimating their popularity?

i just dont think they are too big to be opening for Social D. i think of Social D as kind of a big band. not like U2 big, but ya know.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 28
Location : Dallas , Tx

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:43 pm

I see gaslight being the perfect opener for Social D

I also heard somewhere that Frank Turner plays on the new Social D album, any truth to
that?
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:36 am

i wouldn't be surprised if frank turner does play on the new social d.

mike ness gave an interview where he said he really liked frank's new album...and i think they're signed to the same record company.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:49 am

Frank's US label is Epitaph Records, the same label Social D signed to couple months back
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2008-07-02
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Off to see them tonight! They are opening for Billy Talent, I am VERY psyched!
Back to top Go down
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:55 pm

what? Social D opening for Billy Talent?
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 678
Join date : 2008-07-02
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:29 am

I know - should be the other way around! I left before Billy Talent took the stage - no one should follow Social D!
Back to top Go down
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   

Back to top Go down
 
Social Distortion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mike Ness (Social Distortion)
» Obama cannot guarantee that social security checks will go out on August 3rd
» OCCUPATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT (OSISS)
» The failure of social democracy?
» Richie Giese (Social Repose)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: