A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Social Distortion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2008-07-04
Age : 28
Location : Dallas , Tx

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Damn I'm way behind


Good choice though he's a awesome drummer
Back to top Go down
Dharma Punx PGH
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-04-01
Age : 33
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Cant wait to see Social D in October. I got to see Gaslight in September and my other fav in october...Good shit..As far as Atom Willard goes he is an amazing drummer and has a pretty good background. He can play anything. I've seen him play a few times live before and he beats the shit out of his kit. It's really something to see. I dont think anyone else mentioned this but as well as Mike sporting the 5 o clock shadow/beard he also just got a face tattoo lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bertovich
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1624
Join date : 2008-08-19
Location : Cleveland, OH

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:32 pm

yo i'm going to the youngstown show and maybe the pittsburgh show too. maybe i'll see u there
Back to top Go down
Dharma Punx PGH
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-04-01
Age : 33
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:43 pm

hell ya man, cant wait..this will be my 6th time i've seen Social D. They put on a hell of a live show..
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bertovich
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Lucky bastards.

They've never been out here and the two times they've organised a tour, they've canceled it.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 32
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 am

Dharma Punx PGH wrote:
Cant wait to see Social D in October. I got to see Gaslight in September and my other fav in october...Good shit..As far as Atom Willard goes he is an amazing drummer and has a pretty good background. He can play anything. I've seen him play a few times live before and he beats the shit out of his kit. It's really something to see. I dont think anyone else mentioned this but as well as Mike sporting the 5 o clock shadow/beard he also just got a face tattoo lol
'

a face tattoo? of what??
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 32
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 am

andy.mac wrote:
Lucky bastards.

They've never been out here and the two times they've organised a tour, they've canceled it.

they have never been to australia? in like thirty plus years? thats ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:46 am

steph wrote:
Dharma Punx PGH wrote:
Cant wait to see Social D in October. I got to see Gaslight in September and my other fav in october...Good shit..As far as Atom Willard goes he is an amazing drummer and has a pretty good background. He can play anything. I've seen him play a few times live before and he beats the shit out of his kit. It's really something to see. I dont think anyone else mentioned this but as well as Mike sporting the 5 o clock shadow/beard he also just got a face tattoo lol
'

a face tattoo? of what??

you haven't seen it?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12062153&albumID=709019&imageID=65288098

from what I can make out its a ship anchor.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 am

steph wrote:
andy.mac wrote:
Lucky bastards.

They've never been out here and the two times they've organised a tour, they've canceled it.

they have never been to australia? in like thirty plus years? thats ridiculous.

ridiculous isn't the word; it's much, much more than that.

anyway, i'm going to the states next year so hopefully ill be able to work my trip out with the tour for the new album.
Back to top Go down
Dharma Punx PGH
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-04-01
Age : 33
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:06 am

Atleast his face tattoo matches his style and his other tats..Anyone notice Brain is playing a 56 goldtop now instead of a junior. A little bit of Mike Ness rubbed off on Brian after those European dates...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bertovich
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:41 am

Dharma Punx PGH wrote:
Atleast his face tattoo matches his style and his other tats..Anyone notice Brain is playing a 56 goldtop now instead of a junior. A little bit of Mike Ness rubbed off on Brian after those European dates...

definitely, he made a twitter post about social d saying he had a nice guitar.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 32
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:01 pm

andy.mac wrote:
steph wrote:
Dharma Punx PGH wrote:
Cant wait to see Social D in October. I got to see Gaslight in September and my other fav in october...Good shit..As far as Atom Willard goes he is an amazing drummer and has a pretty good background. He can play anything. I've seen him play a few times live before and he beats the shit out of his kit. It's really something to see. I dont think anyone else mentioned this but as well as Mike sporting the 5 o clock shadow/beard he also just got a face tattoo lol
'

a face tattoo? of what??

you haven't seen it?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12062153&albumID=709019&imageID=65288098

from what I can make out its a ship anchor.

ahh, ive seen that before, didnt remember.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2009-02-11
Location : 49015

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:26 pm

was just looking at their tour dates to see if they were coming near me... and they're not but they're opening for pearl jam in philly! what a nice surprise.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:21 pm

ral wrote:
was just looking at their tour dates to see if they were coming near me... and they're not but they're opening for pearl jam in philly! what a nice surprise.

awesome.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 am

does anyone have a copy of their maybellene cover?

i haven't heard it yet. apparently it's a bonus track on the US iTunes release.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 428
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 23
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:54 pm

http://www.sdsickboy.com/
I just found this amazing site, it's full of easily downloadable Social D. Bootlegs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zVhiUYFtOw

Great March 2010 interview.

Talking about hoping for an Autumn (Fall) release, Frank Turner and how it should be a great record.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:13 am





New Drummer has left.


'Mon 03/08
Due to many foreseeable scheduling conflicts with his band Angels
And Airwaves, we regret to announce that Atom Willard will no longer be
able to continue on drums for Social Distortion. Click HERE for more…'
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1624
Join date : 2008-08-19
Location : Cleveland, OH

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Tue May 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Social D just signed to Epitaph, and their new album is slated for a fall 2010 release. Here's a bit of a story about both of those things: http://www.epitaph.com/artists/artist/278/Social_Distortion#albdesc
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 32
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Tue May 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Social D just signed to Epitaph, and their new album is slated for a fall 2010 release. Here's a bit of a story about both of those things: [url=http://www.epitaph.com/artists/artist/278/Social_Distortion#albdesc
http://www.epitaph.com/artists/artist/278/Social_Distortion#albdesc[/quote[/url]]

i read the article, but still, i wont believe it til ive got the physical copy in my hands. sounds good though, its a good sign they have gotten in the studio, but still...
i know its been a long time since the last record, but as the article says, they formed in '79 and this would only be their 7th record... compare that with back in the day, the beatles probly put that many records out in 2 or 3 years!
whats the deal with the tour dates they have up so far, anyway? no west coast dates yet?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Tue May 11, 2010 7:06 pm

they are playing at Outside Lands Music Festival in SF in August. So i am guessing that West Coast dates will come out during the Fall.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 395
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 29
Location : Queensland, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 pm

I thought Mike Ness owned time bomb recordings?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Gaslight toured Europe with these guys, right? I wonder what the chances of a US tour with them are. Would be pretty excellent no?

7 albums over 30 years isn't really that bad. Yeah its a little slow, but its better than doing an album every year and a half and burning yourselves out. Albums should be released when you are ready to release them, not when your label or your fans are.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 pm

i rather have a band release an album every five years (metallica) than have a new album every year and half.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 32
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
they are playing at Outside Lands Music Festival in SF in August. So i am guessing that West Coast dates will come out during the Fall.


oh nice, thanks for the info.

and i definitely agree that its better to only put out a handful of quality albums rather than a bunch of crap every other year, i just thought it was funny. and it is frustrating as a fan to hear them keep talking about putting out a new album any day now and hear the same statement a year later, and so on. thats all i was tryin to say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   

Back to top Go down
 
Social Distortion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mike Ness (Social Distortion)
» Obama cannot guarantee that social security checks will go out on August 3rd
» OCCUPATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT (OSISS)
» The failure of social democracy?
» Richie Giese (Social Repose)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: