A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:45 am

Anyone going to the Bristol gig?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 32
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:37 pm

From the setlists I see posted from the US it doesn't look like Rosemary (most peeps favourite) is being played very often. I hope this changes for the Euro tour!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
From the setlists I see posted from the US it doesn't look like Rosemary (most peeps favourite) is being played very often. I hope this changes for the Euro tour!


They better put that song on the setlist for Europe..its my favorite on the record!!!!
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 23
Location : The Ferris Wheel

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:19 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
From the setlists I see posted from the US it doesn't look like Rosemary (most peeps favourite) is being played very often. I hope this changes for the Euro tour!


They better put that song on the setlist for Europe..its my favorite on the record!!!!

I'm not sure they will, considering all the slow and intimate songs of the record, Rosemary is way too uplifting and 'happy' sounding. Therefore it would ruin the flow of each show.
Just my take on it.

*EDIT; the song probably reminds Brian of somebody who was/is, in his words, "a bad egg". (analogy w/ horrible crowes live @ troubadour) hence why he doesn't play it. same thing that happened with bring it on.


Last edited by HorribleCrowe on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 115
Join date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:21 am

Wonderful Life is happy and uplifting.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 38
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:47 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
the song probably reminds Brian of somebody who was/is, in his words, "a bad egg". (analogy w/ horrible crowes live @ troubadour) hence why he doesn't play it. same thing that happened with bring it on.

That's an interesting theory, but I hope you're wrong. áIf he doesn't play the songs about the girls that broke his heart, it will be a VERY short set!
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:42 pm

They played Rosemary on the first tour they did. It's written on the setlist that I have. 2nd track after red lights.
Maybe cousin Frank just had no time to learn it yet. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:14 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
From the setlists I see posted from the US it doesn't look like Rosemary (most peeps favourite) is being played very often. I hope this changes for the Euro tour!


They better put that song on the setlist for Europe..its my favorite on the record!!!!

I'm not sure they will, considering all the slow and intimate songs of the record, Rosemary is way too uplifting and 'happy' sounding. Therefore it would ruin the flow of each show.
Just my take on it.

*EDIT; the song probably reminds Brian of somebody who was/is, in his words, "a bad egg". (analogy w/ horrible crowes live @ troubadour) hence why he doesn't play it. same thing that happened with bring it on.

oh noooo!! I love that song! but let's see when they start the European tour in April...pretty sure they will change the setlist and maybe Rosemary will be added more often
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 206
Join date : 2014-05-18
Age : 31
Location : Buenos Aires

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:07 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
the song probably reminds Brian of somebody who was/is, in his words, "a bad egg". (analogy w/ horrible crowes live @ troubadour) hence why he doesn't play it. same thing that happened with bring it on.

I truly hope he does change the setlist, it's bad enough I'll (probably) never hear Bring It On live Sad
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 116
Join date : 2014-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:26 pm

He's played Rosemary at 19 of 27 shows so far this year according to Setlist.fm
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2012-01-07
Age : 23
Location : The Ferris Wheel

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 am

The_River wrote:
They played Rosemary on the first tour they did. It's written on the setlist that I have. 2nd track after red lights.
Maybe cousin Frank just had no time to learn it yet. Who knows?

that's what i was thinking too!
Back to top Go down
songs like a comfort
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 37
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi all,
I bought 6 tickets for the 20th April in Hamburg but need only 5.
So if anybody is looking for a ticket, write me a pm (english or german).
30 EUR, normal price.
Ciao, Patrick
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:43 am

The Munich show is now SOLD OUT

And Brian plays an instore in Berlin at Core Tex Records! More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1058556660867736/

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:24 am

New announcement for summer 16! Brian and the Crowes play the lovely Chiemsee Summer festival on Aug 25th

http://www.chiemsee-summer.de/

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 49
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 30
Location : Munich

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 am

No, no, no! My friend was going to get tickets for Munich on Tuesday. Does anyone have one or two spare tickets?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chrismasi.net
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:51 am

Cowboys wrote:
No, no, no! My friend was going to get tickets for Munich on Tuesday. Does anyone have one or two spare tickets?

I think I saw a few for sale on the fb event page. You can also post here in the ticket exchange.

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
janoSK
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2015-11-06
Age : 27
Location : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 pm

enola wrote:
And Brian plays an instore in Berlin at Core Tex Records! More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1058556660867736/

Awesome, I┤m looking forward for that gig!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1501
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Is Jared playing the Euro leg?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3004
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
The_River wrote:
They played Rosemary on the first tour they did. It's written on the setlist that I have. 2nd track after red lights.
Maybe cousin Frank just had no time to learn it yet. Who knows?

that's what i was thinking too!

They played it in NJ and Frank was on bass for that show. They played the entire album on the first tour, but I have been leaving off a number of songs from it on this tour. I think they're just mixing it up.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3004
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
HorribleCrowe wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
From the setlists I see posted from the US it doesn't look like Rosemary (most peeps favourite) is being played very often. I hope this changes for the Euro tour!


They better put that song on the setlist for Europe..its my favorite on the record!!!!

I'm not sure they will, considering all the slow and intimate songs of the record, Rosemary is way too uplifting and 'happy' sounding. Therefore it would ruin the flow of each show.
Just my take on it.

*EDIT; the song probably reminds Brian of somebody who was/is, in his words, "a bad egg". (analogy w/ horrible crowes live @ troubadour) hence why he doesn't play it. same thing that happened with bring it on.

oh noooo!! I love that song! but let's see when they start the European tour in April...pretty sure they will change the setlist and maybe Rosemary will be added more often

Oh my word. I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves, haha. It flows fine in the show, and there is no evidence to say this song reminds him of someone who was "a bad egg". Even if it does, he's still playing it and seems to enjoy it. Let's not panic yet. They're just mixing it up Very Happy

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 38
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Is Jared playing the Euro leg?
He's the support act, so I'm assuming he'll be continuing in his sideline as a Crowe, given that he'll be here anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:02 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:


Oh my word. I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves, haha. It flows fine in the show, and there is no evidence to say this song reminds him of someone who was "a bad egg". Even if it does, he's still playing it and seems to enjoy it. Let's not panic yet. They're just mixing it up Very Happy

I will keep my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
janoSK
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2015-11-06
Age : 27
Location : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:29 am

Are tour posters availible at gigs or is order directly from Hellgate Industries the only way to get them?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:26 pm

janoSK wrote:
Are tour posters availible at gigs or is order directly from Hellgate Industries the only way to get them?


I am sure they are also available on tour
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1793
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:19 am

janoSK wrote:
Are tour posters availible at gigs or is order directly from Hellgate Industries the only way to get them?

Danny usually has some at merch. I would recommend to get them before the show though as they tend to sell out quickly

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016   

Back to top Go down
 
Brian Fallon & The Crowes European Tour 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Meeting between the PJ, Metodo 3 and Brian Kennedy
» England European Championship................
» Brian-kennedy.co.uk
» Body Farm virtual tour
» Scandal the European parliament tried to keep secret - by The Daily Telegraph.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Side Projects & Earlier Bands :: Brian Fallon solo ('Painkillers' onwards)-
Jump to: