A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello from Northern Ireland!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ciaran59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Hello from Northern Ireland!   Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello everyone!!! Good to be here. I'm a long time lurker to the forum, probably been coming here for around 3 years. I've never registered before as I don't have time anymore what with family (2 young kids), work, gym etc etc. Im a long time time of the Springsteen forums Backstreets BTX (7 years) and Greasylake (11 years), username over there is stevies wig for any fellow lakers or BTX'ers! I rarely post on theese forums anymore either but log on almost everyday for updates etc.

You probably guessed then that I discovered Gaslight through Bruce and specifically via the Greasylake forum. I bought the 59 sound in January 2009 after it was discussed on Greasylake and haven't looked back!!

I've seen the boys twice live (seen Bruce about 11 times)- in Belfast in 2010 and Dublin in 2012 (when I drove the 100 miles from Belfast to Dublin on my "high lonesome" and realized that when I got there had forgotten my wallet! I though I was going to have to return home without seeing the show as I had no money for car parking, luckily a very nice door-man at the venue gave me 20 euro's for, as he said "car parking and a coke, kid". I was 30 years old then but guess I looked like a kid standing 100 miles from home with no money. a few days later and post posted the money plus an extra 10 euro to him). That's a story for the grand-kids anyway! Smile

Which brings me to why I have finally registered: I couldn't afford tickets for the Limelight Belfast show when they were released just a week before Christmas (2 kids etc etc). So I had to wait until today before I could afford 2 tickets for me and my wife....but but...tickets are sold out! Shit! I went to ticketmaster and they had none, phoned the venue and they had none. NOOOOOO!!!!!

I was hoping someone may be able to help out with any spare or unwanted tickets, or are there any rumors of a second show for Belfast or any rumors of a venue upgrade (their Belfast show in 2010 was upgraded to a larger venue)?

Glad to finally have registered and will keep fingers crossed that I don't miss the show in Belfast. Thanks for reading,
Peace
Ciaran
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland!   Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 pm

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
ciaran59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland!   Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
welcome to the forum

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland!   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Northern Ireland!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1