A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 US/Canada tour 2015

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1857
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:25 am

Confirmed tour dates for 2015

Feb 26 :: New York :: Webster Hall
Feb 27 :: Providence :: Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel #
Feb 28 :: New York :: Terminal 5 #
Mar 2 :: Baltimore :: Rams Head Live #
Mar 3 :: Richmond :: The National #
Mar 4 :: Raleigh :: Lincoln Theater Raleigh #
Mar 6 :: Charleston :: Music Farm #
Mar 7-8 :: Tampa:: Gasparilla Festival
Mar 9 :: Louisville :: Headliners Music Hall #
Mar 11 :: Cleveland :: House of Blues Cleveland #
Mar 12 :: Milwaukee:: Pabst / Riverside / Turner Hall #
Mar 13 :: Minneapolis :: First Avenue & 7th St Entry #
Mar 14 :: Winnipeg :: Burton Cummings Theatre **
Mar 16 :: Edmonton :: Union Hall **
Mar 17 :: Calgary :: Macewan Hall **
Mar 19 :: Vancouver :: The Commodore Ballroom **
Mar 20 :: Seattle :: Showbox at The Market **
Mar 21 :: Portland :: Wonder Ballroom **
Mar 23 :: Salt Lake City :: The Complex **
Mar 24 :: Denver :: The Ogden Theatre **
Mar 26 :: St. Louis :: The Ready Room **
Mar 27 :: Indianapolis :: Egyptian Room at Old National Centre **
Mar 28 :: Columbus :: Newport Music Hall **

May 17 - Skate & Surf Festival - Bradley Beach, NJ

July 15, 2015 - Ottawa Bluesfest 2015 - Ottawa, CAN
July 16, 2015 - District Square - Kalamazoo, MI
July 17, 2015 - Forecastle Festival - Louisville, KY
July 18, 2015 - Rock The Park Festival - London, CAN
July 19, 2015 - Stage AE - Pittsburgh, PA
July 21, 2015 - The Paramount - Huntington, NY
July 22, 2015 - Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA
July 24, 2015 - WayHome Music & Arts Festival - Barrie, CAN
July 25, 2015 - Canalside - Buffalo, NY
Aug 01, 2105 - Gathering of the Vibes 2015 - Bridgeport, CT

# w/ Northcote, The Scandals
** w/ Northcote, Sammy Kay

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard


Last edited by enola on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:23 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1857
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:26 am

Just found this on twitter but the landing page is inactive - did anyone hear anything about a Terminal 5 gig yet?

https://twitter.com/wsou/status/541819878471372800

@WSOU: Gaslight Anthem to Play Terminal 5 - Gaslight Anthem will be playing at Terminal 5 on February 28th http://t.co/pDkXmQ9XGs

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-08-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:34 am

enola wrote:
Just found this on twitter but the landing page is inactive - did anyone hear anything about a Terminal 5 gig yet?

https://twitter.com/wsou/status/541819878471372800

@WSOU: Gaslight Anthem to Play Terminal 5 - Gaslight Anthem will be playing at Terminal 5 on February 28th http://t.co/pDkXmQ9XGs

I saw someone mention it on AbsolutePunk last week, I don't know where they heard it though. Hopefully this is a sign of a Spring tour in the US.
Back to top Go down
stiches570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-11-12
Age : 33
Location : Central Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:09 pm

A bunch of dates now on ticketmaster:

Feb 28 - Terminal 5 in NYC
Mar 3 - The National in Richmond, VA
Mar 11 - House of Blues in Cleveland, OH
Mar 28 - Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH

Looks like a tour is coming. Presales are tomorrow (12/9)
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : Philadelphia, PA

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Do not miss The Scandals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-27
Age : 42
Location : Bergenfield, NJ

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:22 pm

stiches570 wrote:
A bunch of dates now on ticketmaster:

Feb 28 - Terminal 5 in NYC
Mar 3 - The National in Richmond, VA
Mar 11 - House of Blues in Cleveland, OH
Mar 28 - Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH

Looks like a tour is coming. Presales are tomorrow (12/9)

Any word on ticket prices for NYC? (blocked from work)

Also - not a fan of Terminal 5.


Last edited by macci on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stiches570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-11-12
Age : 33
Location : Central Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:25 pm

macci wrote:
stiches570 wrote:
A bunch of dates now on ticketmaster:

Feb 28 - Terminal 5 in NYC
Mar 3 - The National in Richmond, VA
Mar 11 - House of Blues in Cleveland, OH
Mar 28 - Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH

Looks like a tour is coming. Presales are tomorrow (12/9)

Any word on ticket prices for NYC? (blocked from work)


$41.75
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-27
Age : 42
Location : Bergenfield, NJ

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Cool - thanks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stiches570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-11-12
Age : 33
Location : Central Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:39 pm

More shows found on ticketfly. All shows I see so far. Assuming an announcement today at some point for all of the dates

Feb 28 - Terminal 5 in NYC
Mar 2 - Rams Head in Baltimore, MD
Mar 3 - Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh, NC
Mar 4 - The National in Richmond, VA
Mar 6 - Music Farm in Charleston, SC
Mar 11 - House of Blues in Cleveland, OH
Mar 28 - Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH


Last edited by stiches570 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 24
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:59 pm

stiches570 wrote:
More shows found on ticketfly. All shows I see so far. Assuming an announcement today at some point for all of the dates

Feb 28 - Terminal 5 in NYC
Mar 2 - Rams Head in Baltimore, MD
Mar 3 - Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh, NC
Mar 3 - The National in Richmond, VA
Mar 6 - Music Farm in Charleston, SC
Mar 11 - House of Blues in Cleveland, OH
Mar 28 - Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH

Any idea when tickets are going on sale? I need to ration my funds wisely...
Back to top Go down
stiches570
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-11-12
Age : 33
Location : Central Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Looks like fanclub presale is tomorrow (12/9) with some other presales during the week on certain venues. Then general on sale is Friday.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-07-22
Age : 32
Location : Washington, DC

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Wow. Northcote opening! He's the man. I've been waiting for him to come back after seeing him open for Dave Hause earlier in the year. Having him be with Gaslight makes it even better. Hopefully he'll be main support instead of Scandals. Couldnt really care less about seeing them and it'll be a struggle to get to Baltimore in time.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 313
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 35
Location : Leeds, UK

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Copied directly from the band's Facebook page:

Feb 27 :: Providence :: Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel #
Feb 28 :: New York :: Terminal 5 #
Mar 2 :: Baltimore :: Rams Head Live #
Mar 3 :: Richmond :: The National #
Mar 4 :: Raleigh :: Lincoln Theater Raleigh #
Mar 6 :: Charleston :: Music Farm #
Mar 9 :: Louisville :: Headliners Music Hall #
Mar 11 :: Cleveland :: House of Blues Cleveland #
Mar 12 :: Milwaukee:: Pabst / Riverside / Turner Hall #
Mar 13 :: Minneapolis :: First Avenue & 7th St Entry #
Mar 14 :: Winnipeg :: Burton Cummings Theatre **
Mar 16 :: Edmonton :: Union Hall **
Mar 17 :: Calgary :: Macewan Hall **
Mar 19 :: Vancouver :: The Commodore Ballroom **
Mar 20 :: Seattle :: Showbox at The Market **
Mar 21 :: Portland :: Wonder Ballroom **
Mar 23 :: Salt Lake City :: The Complex **
Mar 24 :: Denver :: The Ogden Theatre **
Mar 26 :: St. Louis :: The Ready Room **
Mar 27 :: Indianapolis :: Egyptian Room at Old National Centre **
Mar 28 :: Columbus :: Newport Music Hall **

Roll on more UK dates!
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:13 pm

They really need to stop playing Terminal 5. It's an awful venue, with awful security, awful sightlines and mediocre sound.
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-27
Age : 42
Location : Bergenfield, NJ

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:43 pm

GlennR wrote:
They really need to stop playing Terminal 5.  It's an awful venue, with awful security, awful sightlines and mediocre sound.

Agreed!!!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:14 pm

macci wrote:
GlennR wrote:
They really need to stop playing Terminal 5.  It's an awful venue, with awful security, awful sightlines and mediocre sound.

Agreed!!!

So true. I wish they would play the Hammerstein Ballroom instead (although that is unlikely happen because it holds 800 fewer people).
Back to top Go down
myoldmanshoes
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 24
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
macci wrote:
GlennR wrote:
They really need to stop playing Terminal 5.  It's an awful venue, with awful security, awful sightlines and mediocre sound.

Agreed!!!

So true. I wish they would play the Hammerstein Ballroom instead (although that is unlikely happen because it holds 800 fewer people).

How much does Terminal 5 hold? I've never been there before.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:16 pm

myoldmanshoes wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
macci wrote:
GlennR wrote:
They really need to stop playing Terminal 5.  It's an awful venue, with awful security, awful sightlines and mediocre sound.

Agreed!!!

So true. I wish they would play the Hammerstein Ballroom instead (although that is unlikely happen because it holds 800 fewer people).

How much does Terminal 5 hold? I've never been there before.

3,000.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Hammerstein is 3,500 capacity for a show with a GA floor.

Sadly, Gaslight is unlikely to change their choice of venue in New York unless they get substantially more popular (ie. they are able to play the Barclays Center, where they probably need to draw between 8-10k to make it worth it).

Bands play Terminal 5 because they get a better financial deal then other venues.  The venue is owned by the promoter (the Bowery Presents) and accordingly it costs less to put on a show there.

And while I know we all want Gaslight to be financially successful, the problem is that they are sacrificing tremendously on the fan experience when choosing to play this venue.

Hammerstein is by no means my favorite place either but certainly preferable to Terminal 5.

I would really welcome seeing them at the Beacon Theater (about 3k capacity) but that's a reserved seating venue.  *I* don't think that would detract from the show experience but I know others disagree on that point.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 pm

GlennR wrote:
Hammerstein is 3,500 capacity for a show with a GA floor.

Sadly, Gaslight is unlikely to change their choice of venue in New York unless they get substantially more popular (ie. they are able to play the Barclays Center, where they probably need to draw between 8-10k to make it worth it).

Bands play Terminal 5 because they get a better financial deal then other venues.  The venue is owned by the promoter (the Bowery Presents) and accordingly it costs less to put on a show there.

And while I know we all want Gaslight to be financially successful, the problem is that they are sacrificing tremendously on the fan experience when choosing to play this venue.

Hammerstein is by no means my favorite place either but certainly preferable to Terminal 5.

I would really welcome seeing them at the Beacon Theater (about 3k capacity) but that's a reserved seating venue.  *I* don't think that would detract from the show experience but I know others disagree on that point.

I didn't realize there's was that much extra capacity at Hammerstein for GA shows. Now I'm even more upset they don't play there instead.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 265
Join date : 2010-10-25
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Great news about the 2015 dates bounce

So good to have something to look forward to before the end of the winter!
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 104
Join date : 2012-12-09
Location : Central Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:57 pm

seeing gaslight in Providence is so much more enjoyable than Boston. It's about the same driving distance to get to Providence as Boston is for me. But Providence is just more appealing. And really looking forward to seeing Northcote. He has such good tunes.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:29 pm

lol_paul_ledoux wrote:
seeing gaslight in Providence is so much more enjoyable than Boston. It's about the same driving distance to get to Providence as Boston is for me. But Providence is just more appealing. And really looking forward to seeing Northcote. He has such good tunes.

Really? I feel the opposite. I enjoyed both Boston shows I went to. The last Providence one though brought out one of the most annoying crowds I've been in. Almost everyone around me was just obnoxious. I remember one girl with blue and pink hair like cotton candy who enjoyed shoving everyone behind her back with her ass and then flailing and whacking everyone in the face. And a poor little kid next to me, who wasn't even the height of the barricade was just trying not to get killed!

But I'm going to this show anyway...fingers crossed it's a better crowd.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2013-08-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:12 am

Yeah, the last show at Lupo's had a really horrible crowd. I really like the venue itself though, so hopefully it evens out this time. And I can't be angry at those ticket prices compared to HOB Boston.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1953
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 24
Location : The Dreaded Barbary Coast

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:22 am

fuckin California got skipped, dammit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: US/Canada tour 2015   

Back to top Go down
 
US/Canada tour 2015
Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2015 Campaign Promises made to Vets
» Banned Terrorist Organizations in Canada
» Q.O.R. of Canada - Boer War Welcome Home Medal
» The King presents Colours to the Royal Regiment of Canada and the South Saskatchewan Regiment
» Canada and the Charge of the Light Brigade

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Tour-
Jump to: