A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:07 am

So last week I attended the Gaslight show where Twopointeight and Against Me! were supporting acts.

I spoke to the singer of Twopointeight (which, if you haven't, is a band you need to familiarize yourself with) at their merch table and he apparently has a sideproject/solo venture, Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be.
I bought his vinyl, Volume, and as I'm listening to it now I keep catching myself thinking how similar the soundscape is to The Horrible Crowes. The gritty atmosphere, the music, the heartfelt and shrieking vocals, basically everything.

http://www.fredrikgeorgeriksson.com/
There's his website, and the entire album is out on Spotify too. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I like this a lot better than his work with twopointeight. I thought the band was good but that the vocals were "meh" at best. His voice works a lot better in this Tom Waits-lite kind of project.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Nice find! I'm listening to 'Volume' now and really liking it. I've heard of Twopointeight but never listened so I'll be checking them out next.
Back to top Go down
Romain
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:04 am

Thank you sir!

What a great discovery, very Tom Waits-esque... And what a voice! "Love in reverse" is a killer.

Give yourself a treat and listen to this album!
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/theescapistband
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:57 pm

I looked up a live video and was really impressed how strong he was as a live vocalist. Cool hollering-type voice.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:45 pm

REALLY digging this, thanks for the share.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   

Back to top Go down

Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1