A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hello from Toledo, Ohio!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MacysDayMar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2014-09-20
Age : 28
Location : Toledo, Ohio

PostSubject: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:37 am

Hello!

I'm Mar, 25, from Toledo, Ohio. I've been a Gaslight fan since American Slang and my love for them has only grown! I saw them live in September 2012, March 2013 and I'm going to their Detroit show tonight. My favorite song on Get Hurt is 1,000 Years and Great Expectations is my favorite TGA song (if not one of my all-time favorite songs).

As my username suggests, Green Day is my favorite band (I don't trust myself to remember a bunch of usernames, hence using a GD related one on a TGA forum), and I also love The Killers and Jason Mraz in particular. I love TV, particularly SNL and any related fandoms (Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, other NBC stuff, etc.), Arrested Development, Bob's Burgers and I've never missed an episode of The Colbert Report or a Daily Show episode since October 2005 ... it's OK, I know I need a life! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fairwayfrank.tumblr.com/
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson


Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:42 am

Hey! Former Toledoan here (now in NJ). Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:51 pm

welcome to the forum
The Killers is my favorite band Smile
and Green Day is the favorite band of my sister and so we made a stopover on our US trip in Oakland to visit the Rudy's can't fail café and Berkley for Gilman 924 xD
Back to top Go down
MacysDayMar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2014-09-20
Age : 28
Location : Toledo, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:54 am

rumham wrote:
Hey! Former Toledoan here (now in NJ).  Welcome.  

I think you made the right decision, even if it meant you were too close to the ocean and floated away. Poor Rum Ham Sad

Anya_TGA wrote:
welcome to the forum
The Killers is my favorite band Smile
and Green Day is the favorite band of my sister and so we made a stopover on our US trip in Oakland to visit the Rudy's can't fail café and Berkley for Gilman 924 xD

When my dad and I went to the area, we had to go to Rudy's, too! Because public transportation kind of screwed us over, we didn't get to go by Gilman, but I did see the house they filmed the Longview video and we got off at a BART stop where they filmed part of the When I Come Around video.
Back to top Go down
http://fairwayfrank.tumblr.com/
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:24 pm

MacysDayMar wrote:
rumham wrote:
Hey! Former Toledoan here (now in NJ).  Welcome.  

I think you made the right decision, even if it meant you were too close to the ocean and floated away. Poor Rum Ham Sad

Anya_TGA wrote:
welcome to the forum
The Killers is my favorite band Smile
and Green Day is the favorite band of my sister and so we made a stopover on our US trip in Oakland to visit the Rudy's can't fail café and Berkley for Gilman 924 xD

When my dad and I went to the area, we had to go to Rudy's, too! Because public transportation kind of screwed us over, we didn't get to go by Gilman, but I did see the house they filmed the Longview video and we got off at a BART stop where they filmed part of the When I Come Around video.


wow that's cool!!! we werent able to stay too long because we were on the way to San Francisco Smile
and of course in Las Vegas we stayed for one night in Sam's Town xD and we had to go to the Hard Rock Hotel which is not very close to the strip xD
Back to top Go down
MacysDayMar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2014-09-20
Age : 28
Location : Toledo, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:46 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
MacysDayMar wrote:
rumham wrote:
Hey! Former Toledoan here (now in NJ).  Welcome.  

I think you made the right decision, even if it meant you were too close to the ocean and floated away. Poor Rum Ham Sad

Anya_TGA wrote:
welcome to the forum
The Killers is my favorite band Smile
and Green Day is the favorite band of my sister and so we made a stopover on our US trip in Oakland to visit the Rudy's can't fail café and Berkley for Gilman 924 xD

When my dad and I went to the area, we had to go to Rudy's, too! Because public transportation kind of screwed us over, we didn't get to go by Gilman, but I did see the house they filmed the Longview video and we got off at a BART stop where they filmed part of the When I Come Around video.


wow that's cool!!! we werent able to stay too long because we were on the way to San Francisco Smile
and of course in Las Vegas we stayed for one night in Sam's Town xD and we had to go to the Hard Rock Hotel which is not very close to the strip xD

Ah, I'm jealous! I haven't been to Vegas since pre-Killers days!
Back to top Go down
http://fairwayfrank.tumblr.com/
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:28 pm

MacysDayMar wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
MacysDayMar wrote:
rumham wrote:
Hey! Former Toledoan here (now in NJ).  Welcome.  

I think you made the right decision, even if it meant you were too close to the ocean and floated away. Poor Rum Ham Sad

Anya_TGA wrote:
welcome to the forum
The Killers is my favorite band Smile
and Green Day is the favorite band of my sister and so we made a stopover on our US trip in Oakland to visit the Rudy's can't fail café and Berkley for Gilman 924 xD

When my dad and I went to the area, we had to go to Rudy's, too! Because public transportation kind of screwed us over, we didn't get to go by Gilman, but I did see the house they filmed the Longview video and we got off at a BART stop where they filmed part of the When I Come Around video.


wow that's cool!!! we werent able to stay too long because we were on the way to San Francisco Smile
and of course in Las Vegas we stayed for one night in Sam's Town xD and we had to go to the Hard Rock Hotel which is not very close to the strip xD

Ah, I'm jealous! I haven't been to Vegas since pre-Killers days!

it is overwhelming! but if you want to go to Vegas one day and you want to visit the Hard Rock Hotel (what you should do!) I can say it is really exhausting to go to such lenghts in this heat xD but it's worth it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hello from Toledo, Ohio!   

Back to top Go down
 
Hello from Toledo, Ohio!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Authorities Investigate Strange Slaying of Young Ohio Couple
» Milk to donate in Cleveland Ohio
» Fresh milk to donate in Toledo
» Chaos breaks out in Ohio court when victim's dad lunges at killer
» Milk to donate in NE Ohio

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: