A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Scandals/ Jared Hart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:57 pm

ifieverstray wrote:
is jared selling Vinyl at the merch?

I could be wrong but I think the only vinyl I saw on the table at last Sunday's show (and granted that was a Scandals show) was their album and 45. I think they are still only taking pre-orders of vinyl for Jared's solo album.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 38
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:59 pm

He does have the vinyl now..I bought one myself. Haven't been home to listen to it yet though!
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:05 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
He does have the vinyl now..I bought one myself.  Haven't been home to listen to it yet though!

Okay cool i stand corrected
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:58 pm

wow Jared is such a nice guy...I met him yesterday in Cologne after the instore gig..he was soo nice and he recognized my sister and me from Luxembourg..it was soo cool

of course his performance in the Live Music Hall was awesome...
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Just announced, Jared solo opening for a band called Hell and the High Waters on Fri 4/29 at The Citizen on McGinley Square in Jersey City.  I'm gonna try to go if anyone would like to meet up.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Sun May 01, 2016 2:21 am

Had a nice time at Jared's solo show last night at Citizen in Jersey City. There were a lot of his friends there (it borders Bayonne where he's from) so lots of people singing along, inside jokes and banter. I also enjoyed one of the opening bands (John the Gun) and talked to them only to learn they're from the next town over form me!

Jared was very relaxed and friendly and recognized me before I could say anything. I asked if he's going back on the road with Brian, and he will be in the tour band but not one of the openers. I'm psyched because we bought tickets to the show in Burlington VT. The Scandals play Brighton Bar in Long Branch in a few weeks and I may go if I am free. I video'd "Guillotine" but it's not a great recording as fans were singing in my ear.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Sun May 01, 2016 6:16 pm

wow! sounds like a great experience!! yeah Jared is a really nice guy...it's cool that he still joins Brian on the upcoming tour...
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2014-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Mon May 02, 2016 7:54 pm

shiftynj wrote:
Had a nice time at Jared's solo show last night at Citizen in Jersey City.  There were a lot of his friends there (it borders Bayonne where he's from) so lots of people singing along, inside jokes and banter.  I also enjoyed one of the opening bands (John the Gun) and talked to them only to learn they're from the next town over form me!

Jared was very relaxed and friendly and recognized me before I could say anything. I asked if he's going back on the road with Brian, and he will be in the tour band but not one of the openers.  I'm psyched because we bought tickets to the show in Burlington VT.  The Scandals play Brighton Bar in Long Branch in a few weeks and I may go if I am free.  I video'd "Guillotine" but it's not a great recording as fans were singing in my ear.

Sad news that he's not opening on the upcoming tour with Brian Sad
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue May 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Anyone in the UK received their pre-order of the vinyl. I ordered the limited purple and gold pressing a while back and am starting to wonder where it is. I had the same issue with the CD and was told it was because Jared had taken them all on tour. I got in touch with Jared and he posted it to me from the road which was cool. I should have just bought the vinyl he had at the UK tour but I'd already ordered this.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue May 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Had a nice time at Jared's solo show last night at Citizen in Jersey City.  There were a lot of his friends there (it borders Bayonne where he's from) so lots of people singing along, inside jokes and banter.  I also enjoyed one of the opening bands (John the Gun) and talked to them only to learn they're from the next town over form me!

Jared was very relaxed and friendly and recognized me before I could say anything. I asked if he's going back on the road with Brian, and he will be in the tour band but not one of the openers.  I'm psyched because we bought tickets to the show in Burlington VT.  The Scandals play Brighton Bar in Long Branch in a few weeks and I may go if I am free.  I video'd "Guillotine" but it's not a great recording as fans were singing in my ear.

Sad news that he's not opening on the upcoming tour with Brian Sad

It was kind of surprising since he'll be there anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Thu May 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Anyone in the UK received their pre-order of the vinyl. I ordered the limited purple and gold pressing a while back and am starting to wonder where it is. I had the same issue with the CD and was told it was because Jared had taken them all on tour. I got in touch with Jared and he posted it to me from the road which was cool. I should have just bought the vinyl he had at the UK tour but I'd already ordered this.

my sister also pre-ordered the limited purple and gold pressing..it is currently being manufactured and the record label Say10Records should get it around the week of the 18th of May
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2014-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Thu May 05, 2016 11:37 pm

shiftynj wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Had a nice time at Jared's solo show last night at Citizen in Jersey City.  There were a lot of his friends there (it borders Bayonne where he's from) so lots of people singing along, inside jokes and banter.  I also enjoyed one of the opening bands (John the Gun) and talked to them only to learn they're from the next town over form me!

Jared was very relaxed and friendly and recognized me before I could say anything. I asked if he's going back on the road with Brian, and he will be in the tour band but not one of the openers.  I'm psyched because we bought tickets to the show in Burlington VT.  The Scandals play Brighton Bar in Long Branch in a few weeks and I may go if I am free.  I video'd "Guillotine" but it's not a great recording as fans were singing in my ear.

Sad news that he's not opening on the upcoming tour with Brian Sad

It was kind of surprising since he'll be there anyway.

That's kind of why I had assumed he would be opening...it's a bummer, I have friends joining me at the Detroit show that would have loved to see him solo and haven't had the chance to yet.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2996
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Fri May 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Had a nice time at Jared's solo show last night at Citizen in Jersey City.  There were a lot of his friends there (it borders Bayonne where he's from) so lots of people singing along, inside jokes and banter.  I also enjoyed one of the opening bands (John the Gun) and talked to them only to learn they're from the next town over form me!

Jared was very relaxed and friendly and recognized me before I could say anything. I asked if he's going back on the road with Brian, and he will be in the tour band but not one of the openers.  I'm psyched because we bought tickets to the show in Burlington VT.  The Scandals play Brighton Bar in Long Branch in a few weeks and I may go if I am free.  I video'd "Guillotine" but it's not a great recording as fans were singing in my ear.

Sad news that he's not opening on the upcoming tour with Brian Sad

It was kind of surprising since he'll be there anyway.

That's kind of why I had assumed he would be opening...it's a bummer, I have friends joining me at the Detroit show that would have loved to see him solo and haven't had the chance to yet.

He probably needs a rest, haha. Pulling double duty for this many shows in a row has to have been a lot. Plus, it's pretty normal and a good idea to switch up the openers with (almost) each tour so I think we're lucky to have gotten him opening as much as we have! Of course this is easy for me to say living in Jersey because I'm lucky enough to see him play with a good amount of frequency so maybe I should shut up now....Keep buying his merch/albums/scandals stuff, etc and spreading the word and he'll get big enough to hit every city on his own! Smile

This reminds me of when Dave Hause used to open/play with Brian/Gaslight a decent amount and Dave once said at a MATZ show something like, "Brian keeps coming up with new bands so I can keep opening for him" implying that if it's a different band it doesn't count Wink

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Fri May 06, 2016 6:34 pm

oh yeah..he did double duty for the US and European tour!
it would be awesome to see him one day filling arenas just as Brian or Gaslight...he really has a great voice and he deserves it! so we should spread his music through the whole world...my sister has bought every record of them...haha
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 38
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Fri May 06, 2016 7:07 pm

He did sound like he was struggling a bit at the second London show; I think that was about the seventh straight show of double duties, and he does really go for it. Definitely hope to see him over here again at some point though - in both capacities.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Sat May 07, 2016 6:34 pm

oh yeah double duty must be hard...but he did a really good job...I can only speak for the shows in Cologne (also the instore gig) he has so much talent!
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue May 10, 2016 11:00 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Had a nice time at Jared's solo show last night at Citizen in Jersey City.  There were a lot of his friends there (it borders Bayonne where he's from) so lots of people singing along, inside jokes and banter.  I also enjoyed one of the opening bands (John the Gun) and talked to them only to learn they're from the next town over form me!

Jared was very relaxed and friendly and recognized me before I could say anything. I asked if he's going back on the road with Brian, and he will be in the tour band but not one of the openers.  I'm psyched because we bought tickets to the show in Burlington VT.  The Scandals play Brighton Bar in Long Branch in a few weeks and I may go if I am free.  I video'd "Guillotine" but it's not a great recording as fans were singing in my ear.

Sad news that he's not opening on the upcoming tour with Brian Sad

It was kind of surprising since he'll be there anyway.

That's kind of why I had assumed he would be opening...it's a bummer, I have friends joining me at the Detroit show that would have loved to see him solo and haven't had the chance to yet.

He probably needs a rest, haha. Pulling double duty for this many shows in a row has to have been a lot. Plus, it's pretty normal and a good idea to switch up the openers with (almost) each tour so I think we're lucky to have gotten him opening as much as we have! Of course this is easy for me to say living in Jersey because I'm lucky enough to see him play with a good amount of frequency so maybe I should shut up now....Keep buying his merch/albums/scandals stuff, etc and spreading the word and he'll get big enough to hit every city on his own! Smile

This reminds me of when Dave Hause used to open/play with Brian/Gaslight a decent amount and Dave once said at a MATZ show something like, "Brian keeps coming up with new bands so I can keep opening for him" implying that if it's a different band it doesn't count Wink

Seeing Dave Hause live (solo) is on my to-do list and I hope it happens at a small venue like this show with Jared.

Jared was using sore throat spray that night, like, between every song. I hope he is not overdoing it.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 pm

maybe Jared was just using his 'singer' spray..he always uses that one..I have seen him using it last year in Luxembourg and this year at the Cologne show and even during the Instore Gig and Brian and Jared were even talking and joking about it
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue May 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Ah, okay hope so. Thanks! That growly thing he does sounds hard on the throat.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue May 10, 2016 6:29 pm

shiftynj wrote:
Ah, okay hope so.  Thanks!  That growly thing he does sounds hard on the throat.

oh yeah...at the Instore Gig Brian asked Jared what it is and he said: "some shit that doesnt work" and then they were talking about margaritas haha
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2996
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Wed May 11, 2016 12:04 pm

shiftynj wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:
shiftynj wrote:
Had a nice time at Jared's solo show last night at Citizen in Jersey City.  There were a lot of his friends there (it borders Bayonne where he's from) so lots of people singing along, inside jokes and banter.  I also enjoyed one of the opening bands (John the Gun) and talked to them only to learn they're from the next town over form me!

Jared was very relaxed and friendly and recognized me before I could say anything. I asked if he's going back on the road with Brian, and he will be in the tour band but not one of the openers.  I'm psyched because we bought tickets to the show in Burlington VT.  The Scandals play Brighton Bar in Long Branch in a few weeks and I may go if I am free.  I video'd "Guillotine" but it's not a great recording as fans were singing in my ear.

Sad news that he's not opening on the upcoming tour with Brian Sad

It was kind of surprising since he'll be there anyway.

That's kind of why I had assumed he would be opening...it's a bummer, I have friends joining me at the Detroit show that would have loved to see him solo and haven't had the chance to yet.

He probably needs a rest, haha. Pulling double duty for this many shows in a row has to have been a lot. Plus, it's pretty normal and a good idea to switch up the openers with (almost) each tour so I think we're lucky to have gotten him opening as much as we have! Of course this is easy for me to say living in Jersey because I'm lucky enough to see him play with a good amount of frequency so maybe I should shut up now....Keep buying his merch/albums/scandals stuff, etc and spreading the word and he'll get big enough to hit every city on his own! Smile

This reminds me of when Dave Hause used to open/play with Brian/Gaslight a decent amount and Dave once said at a MATZ show something like, "Brian keeps coming up with new bands so I can keep opening for him" implying that if it's a different band it doesn't count Wink

Seeing Dave Hause live (solo) is on my to-do list and I hope it happens at a small venue like this show with Jared.

Jared was using sore throat spray that night, like, between every song. I hope he is not overdoing it.

Seeing Dave should immediately go to TOP of your to do list! He’s a nut and puts on one hell of a show. And believe me you’ll see him in a small venue unless you’re in Philly or Europe. He’s working on a new solo record for the fall so keep an eye out for tour dates when that gets closer! You can sign up for his newsletter here if you wanna make sure you don’t miss it. http://bit.ly/1YlQTpR  

Regarding Jared’s voice, he came out to TGunn’s show last Friday and went up and sang on a song and sounded fine. I think he’ll be good. 20 years down the line, that may be a different story…haha.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Tue May 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Someone that was at Jared's solo show with me took really nice pics of him and the other bands, check them out. I see there's also a set from Brian's Starland Ballroom shoot.

Jared Hart / Hell And The High Waters / Rocky Catanese And The Chapter / John The Gun – The Citizen – Jersey City, NJ – 4/29/16
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 25
Location : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Jared will have his first headline show in Manchester! thats awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for more headline shows in Europe!
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-03-14
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm so tempted to jump on a plane and go see Jared at the Owl Preserve in Norwich, UK. I have an offer of a place to crash, but I can't get past the ridiculous of flying overseas to hear someone who lives 11 miles from me.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2015-03-22
Age : 38
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:08 pm

I'm so gutted that his headline tour is about the only week of the year that I can't get time off work...would love to see him doing some longer sets. Fingers crossed it goes well and he comes back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Scandals/ Jared Hart    

Back to top Go down
 
The Scandals/ Jared Hart
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Amanda Jayne Hart - Diane Lazarus
» Publishing Scandals
» Hart of Dixie
» Fan Fiction
» ENTERTAINMENT- Misses Gossips, Rumors & Scandals

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: