A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:27 am

I haven't heard it yet, but I am fascinated by the enthusiasm this song generates, compared to the slightly more forced appreciation that RnT got. Makes one wonder who picks the singles.

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:59 am

Not feeling this one yet - much prefer Rollin and Tumblin.

In a strange way Get Hurt sounds a little like Simple Minds to me for the first couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:00 am

They're both on the official channel now, so I wonder..could it be that that the single it's actually Get hurt and Rollin' was just a preview?I hope so, I'd love a video of this song, and I think that with a strong promotion it may give them a new audience.
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:03 am

(Admin note: YouTube link removed as not to official channel)

get hurt title track
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:18 am

kappanera wrote:
They're both on the official channel now, so I wonder..could it be that that the single it's actually Get hurt and Rollin' was just a preview?I hope so, I'd love a video of this song, and I think that with a strong promotion it may give them a new audience.

Which official channel? Not the YT one ending in VEVO, which has RnT.

kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:58 am

steady now steady now wrote:
kappanera wrote:

Which official channel? Not the YT one ending in VEVO, which has RnT.
My bad, I misread a link, I checked now and it's not the official one.I still think it would be a stronger release.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:31 am

This song is so good, I had no other choice than to pre-order the 2LP record from the UK store. Damn, I was feeling like it would turn out to be a let down, like the new Menzingers records, but it's the best thing ever.

Also, sorry to relate to Bruce again, but it kinda remind me of some slower songs on the B-side of Born in the USA.

Can't wait to hear it all now.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:49 am

ADMIN NOTE: This was effectively a leak by the radio station, so please do not post or request links to rips or streams.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 am

Ok, I gather that Rollin' was decided on as the Euro first single, but Get Hurt was due to get played from 15 July as the first US single.  Looks like someone jumped the gun.

Still, for now no links etc.,

Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:42 am

Everything you say here makes me want to listen to that song, but I'm gonna try to wait until the album release now, even if it's not easy  Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:44 am

I am not listening to anything else from it now. Not even if they are officially released-I want to be surprised.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:24 am

Love it! Lyrics are at the usual high standard and I'm really loving the backing vocals and lead guitar parts. Mike Crossey has done a great job! None of that over produced WALL of noise that was Handwritten (hit and miss).

Very excited to hear the rest of Get Hurt! Still a shame the cover sucks though Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:36 am

Production on these new songs is awesome!! I wonder if anyone is going to play some keyboard parts live.
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:29 am

Holland wrote:
Production on these new songs is awesome!! I wonder if anyone is going to play some keyboard parts live.
Ian! Ian! Ian!
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:38 am

Jesus. What a song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:38 am

Ok, I gather that Rollin' was decided on as the Euro first single, but Get Hurt was due to get played from 15 July as the first US single.  Looks like someone jumped the gun.

Where are you seeing that? (specifically the July 15 bit?) Certainly not doubting, but I haven't seen that elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:46 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:

Where are you seeing that? (specifically the July 15 bit?) Certainly not doubting, but I haven't seen that elsewhere.

that's why you come to Dimestore Saints, because we get some info that others don't  king 

HelloMyNameIsDrBloodborne
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:14 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I am not listening to anything else from it now.  Not even if they are officially released-I want to be surprised.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. RnT should be enough to hold me over, and after my first few initial listens of Get Hurt, I've forgotten most of the particulars of the song, so I'll stop listening to that as well. Once the iTunes previews are released, I'll only listen to the Halloween one, just to see if it's a new recording or not.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I am not listening to anything else from it now.  Not even if they are officially released-I want to be surprised.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. RnT should be enough to hold me over, and after my first few initial listens of Get Hurt, I've forgotten most of the particulars of the song, so I'll stop listening to that as well. Once the iTunes previews are released, I'll only listen to the Halloween one, just to see if it's a new recording or not.

I remember someone asked Ian about Halloween, and he said that they re-recorded this for the album
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Prisoner wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I remember someone asked Ian about Halloween, and he said that they re-recorded this for the album

I hope that's true. I still have the video from the first time they played it, to the fan club recording that wasn't that great. I'm excited to watch the song go from it's first form live to the final.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:47 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I hope that's true. I still have the video from the first time they played it, to the fan club recording that wasn't that great. I'm excited to watch the song go from it's first form live to the final.

It's true. I remember someone saying the exact thing. I remember I was worried it was going to be one of the new 12 songs but I am happy that it will be a bonus. I can't wait to her the new version. I'm guessing it will be spookier!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:29 pm

I haven't heard it yet, but I am fascinated by the enthusiasm this song generates, compared to the slightly more forced appreciation that RnT got. Makes one wonder who picks the singles.

forced appreciation? Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? I think people were pretty enthusiastic about R&T and it didn't seem fake. Personally, my appreciation level is tied but if one song HAD to be ranked above the other, it's R&T for me. I'm a sucker for the faster songs  Cool 

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:53 pm

I can say from talking to Benny that this was a leak and mix in Alexander's info too. I will say that the band is working on it and we should get info by them sooner or later. So until that time do not post links.

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:47 pm

I feel like this song was written about me right now. It's a beautiful, sad song, but yeah I know exactly how this feels right now and I really wish it was not so relevant for me.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:41 pm

That outro kills me. It's so great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )   

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' song discussion (Premiered on Rolling Stone )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next