A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2012-12-19
Age : 22
Location : Southampton, England

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Cheers for all the videos everyone  cheers  Looks like a great show and it's good to hear they're heading into the studio soon.

Also, Shelby, please continue with the pursuit of Misery...I need a live version!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3007
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:06 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Cheers for all the videos everyone  cheers  Looks like a great show and it's good to hear they're heading into the studio soon.

Also, Shelby, please continue with the pursuit of Misery...I need a live version!

Haha we will! Give Andrew the credit for bringing it up both times, but I think I accidentally gave Brian a pretty threatening look when I said "you should" (I hope not though) so consider me the enforcer  Twisted Evil


Edit: I forgot one thing. I finally had the pleasure of meeting Andy Diamond! That guy is quite the character, haha. He told me and my friends that Brian wasn't coming down because he was busy doing some sort of karate while watching videos on youtube or something. He said he was wearing a headband and everything. I'm like 99% sure it was total bullshit but funny none the less!

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 


Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 107
Join date : 2013-03-03
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:36 pm

fuck.. Why did I only go to the first show and not both shows?! These videos are awesome and really making me wish I went...
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4160
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 26
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:49 pm

You guys and your videos Sad I got a pretty good full audio boot too Razz seriously though great job guys Very Happy I'm editing mine and cutting it to tracks. Even if only for my personal collection. If someone wants to make me a kick ass album cover with a photo from the show please! Very Happy

I'm going to listen to the show at work and do a write up with main point he said after hearing that if there's anything worth expanding on. But Shelby pretty much gave you an idea.

I did get to have a good banter session with brian where we wrote a new TGA song together so that was fun Wink(note not an actual TGA song we wrote scar tissues by rhcp)

Also I'm a mic tech now hiring! WinkRazz

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-02-02
Location : northeast US

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:40 pm

thanks for the vids everyone!

I scanned the posts, maybe I missed it, but did anyone mention how Brian said he had been trying to re-learn "The Blues, Mary" upstairs before the show but he couldn't?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Wow I can't believe he actually played Stay Lucky! This is the first time I have seen this played since the American Slang tour. Also was this the first time Brian has played it acoustically? Fingers crossed this may mean it finds it's way back into Gaslight's setlist when they tour the new album.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:32 pm

[quote="Debonair"]You guys and your videos :(I got a pretty good full audio boot too :Pseriously though great job guys :DI'm editing mine and cutting it to tracks. Even if only for my personal collection. If someone wants to make me a kick ass album cover with a photo from the show please! Very Happy

I'm going to listen to the show at work and do a write up with main point he said after hearing that if there's anything worth expanding on. But Shelby pretty much gave you an idea.

I did get to have a good banter session with brian where we wrote a new TGA song together so that was fun Wink(note not an actual TGA song we wrote scar tissues by rhcp)

If you wouldn't mine sharing your audio tracks from that night, I would love them. And you. This show is ranking pretty high on my list. To have the show to listen too down the road would be just awesome. Brian's banter that night was great. I loved the "you look nice tonight" "eww" conversation between him and Cat.  Such great chemistry between all of them.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-02-02
Location : northeast US

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm

I would also love the audio!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1502
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Thanks so much for the reports and the video. I have to say that I'm ridiculously jealous that I was at night 1 instead of night 2. It's great that Brian's comfortable enough covering Bruce again. Did he have any comments about playing that song?
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-02-02
Location : northeast US

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:27 pm

during the "loud" piece of the set someone yelled "Bruce" and he said that he would play Bruce later in the set but I think that was it
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Its now the 2nd or 3rd show I've seen brian where he has mentioned the band was going thru a rocky period for awhile, but he never really expands on it.

Has it been mentioned on the board here before as to what the problems were? Im sure there was at least speculation, but I never really saw it. Do we know what the situation was that was causing trouble, and if its really resolved? Sorry if it was discussed a ton somewhere else, I hadnt really seen it, and he brought it up again at this show so I think its somewhat relevant.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4160
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 26
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:58 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
Its now the 2nd or 3rd show I've seen brian where he has mentioned the band was going thru a rocky period for awhile, but he never really expands on it.

Has it been mentioned on the board here before as to what the problems were?  Im sure there was at least speculation, but I never really saw it.  Do we know what the situation was that was causing trouble, and if its really resolved? Sorry if it was discussed a ton somewhere else, I hadnt really seen it, and he brought it up again at this show so I think its somewhat relevant.

We don't allow open discussion and or speculation into topics/issues of this sort on here. Mainly out of respect for the band. With out all the answers and facts it could potentially put information out there that is not all truthful.

This does seem the furthest Brian has really wanted to comment on this whole subject so it should be respected as such. If him or another band member come out with more specifics on it of course it will be allowed to be discussed. (Or a reliable source who's spoken on behalf of the band band before such as el jefe, kevin slack or andy diamond for example)

But, also only discussed to a degree. Over analyzing some things can be just as bad.

Just one more reminder: even things said by "official" people after shows. You should ask yourself did they really tell me this and want me to go post this online? Sometimes a casual conversation is just that. Maybe ask them if it would be ok if you're not sure.

Feel free to pm any admin with further queries on this. Also if you'd like to post something you know and don't know if it goes to far ask us - we'll be happy to help. Head over to the complaints thread too if that works better.

Thanks all.

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4160
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 26
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:07 pm

@bobul @flannel I'm currently going through it separating the tracks. I'll keep you updated. I'm making all the banter areas into their own tracks that way if you click on a song it pretty much goes right into the song. I know banter after awhile gets boring for people so that's why. That sound good? Or would you rather it more all in one sort of thing?

Also please someone post a sick photo of brian I would love it for a cover art. Or make one. Very Happy

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2014-02-02
Location : northeast US

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 pm

sounds good to me! I enjoy banter during shows but not so much on my ipod.

if I had any sick photos I would post them for you aha.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1502
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:35 pm

[quote="Debonair"]
turnitin2004 wrote:


We don't allow open discussion and or speculation into topics/issues of this sort on here.

The band members' personal lives are one thing, censoring "open discussion" about the band itself is (or should be) another.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Debonair wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:
Its now the 2nd or 3rd show I've seen brian where he has mentioned the band was going thru a rocky period for awhile, but he never really expands on it.

Has it been mentioned on the board here before as to what the problems were?  Im sure there was at least speculation, but I never really saw it.  Do we know what the situation was that was causing trouble, and if its really resolved? Sorry if it was discussed a ton somewhere else, I hadnt really seen it, and he brought it up again at this show so I think its somewhat relevant.

We don't allow open discussion and or speculation into topics/issues of this sort on here. Mainly out of respect for the band. With out all the answers and facts it could potentially put information out there that is not all truthful.

This does seem the furthest Brian has really wanted to comment on this whole subject so it should be respected as such. If him or another band member come out with more specifics on it of course it will be allowed to be discussed. (Or a reliable source who's spoken on behalf of the band band before such as el jefe, kevin slack or andy diamond for example)

But, also only discussed to a degree. Over analyzing some things can be just as bad.

Just one more reminder: even things said by "official" people after shows. You should ask yourself did they really tell me this and want me to go post this online? Sometimes a casual conversation is just that. Maybe ask them if it would be ok if you're not sure.

Feel free to pm any admin with further queries on this. Also if you'd like to post something you know and don't know if it goes to far ask us - we'll be happy to help. Head over to the complaints thread too if that works better.

Thanks all.

Oh alright. I didnt know that. I had just always been curious. Not in a malicious way or anything. Im not looking to blame anyone for anything, just figured since Brian kept bringing it up it might be worth discussion. But if we don't about that here then I won't bring it up again. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4160
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 26
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Debonair wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:


We don't allow open discussion and or speculation into topics/issues of this sort on here.

The band members' personal lives are one thing, censoring "open discussion" about the band itself is (or should be) another.

Hey, yeah of course. I'll try to clear it up more cause my post was mainly directed at the personal side of things. And I do believe that the topic he was asking about is heavily tied to the bands personal lives more than band issues such as record label and things of that sort.

Of course feel free to comment on how you feel about what he has said or has been said about this overall topic. Or I guess any info that might tied into record label and other "band dealings" if you have any. The speculation thing is more of asking to not post stuff really "out there" with out any facts to back it up.

I guess for a crappy example less of a "The band hates their record label!" And more of " I think the bands feelings towards the record label has changed." Vibe.

Please feel free to pm or another admin man. I'd be happy to clear it up anyway possible.

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4160
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 26
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:55 pm

@turnitin2004 of course it's worth discussion! Any thoughts and feeling on what has been said feel free. Though I'm under the impression, and maybe I'm mistaken so I do apologize in advance, that this is heavily tied to their personal lives. a discussion on the band going through a rough patch sort of thing -- of course.

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:29 am

I say who cares now. It seems from the way Brian carried himself last night and the way he is able to joke about it all that he's put a lot behind him. Its seems that GLA is moving full speed ahead and Brian is experimenting with other things. Things that make him happy. I, like many I'm sure, had a very bad vibe that it was probably the end of GLA last year and wasn't sure what Brian's future in the spotlight was going to be if the band dissolved. However, what I saw last night was a guy very happy to be making music. Was it not to long ago that a Bruce song request brought so much of what was going on to our attention? And another Bruce request last night gave us a sing-along. I truly believe the best is yet to come. Last year is just that, last year. Its just all part of the story now, a chapter If you will. We have so much to look forward to.

Oh and @Debonair, I think your right. The banter could get old while trying to jam out to the whole set. Maybe leave it to the end and cut the track there. I'm having flashbacks to the Horrible Crows Live at the Troub cd. While funny at first listen, when you want to just leave it on to relax to it was a distraction. So would be true with all the "Brian Brian hes out man, if he cant do it....." lol
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2013-06-27
Location : Asbury Park, NJ (for real)

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:41 am

I took this photo of Brian's hands last night, which you are more than welcome to use for your album cover if you like it. It was taken with an iPhone 5 so while the res is decent, it may or may not work depending on how you're going to use it.

Sorry, first time uploading a pic, hope it works

Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2013-06-27
Location : Asbury Park, NJ (for real)

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 am

Back to top Go down
Roe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:56 am



Providing LJ Hepp doesn't mind... I took the picture from a screenshot of their video on youtube and put parts of the poster for the event on the top and bottom
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4160
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 26
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 am

@jensomniac thanks so much! But I think I have to go with roes lol

Roe wrote:


Providing LJ Hepp doesn't mind... I took the picture from a screenshot of their video on youtube and put parts of the poster for the event on the top and bottom

Nice one dude!

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-28
Age : 26
Location : Brick, New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:35 am

Well... I would be really glad to post my video from last night, but it seems someone I don't even know already decided to go ahead and do so. -_-
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2013-01-28
Age : 26
Location : Brick, New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:41 am

Actually. He only posted one of mine... Here's the other-


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22    

Back to top Go down
 
Second Brian Fallon Solo Show @ Crossroads Announced 2/22
Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» lorraine kelly to get her own show
» Meeting between the PJ, Metodo 3 and Brian Kennedy
» Show Your Thanks to World War II Veterans
» BROOKE IN THE NATE BERKUS SHOW!
» Express 06/05/12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Tour-
Jump to: