A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Coffeehouse Sessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:06 am

Fantastic news. While people were stealing my records when I let them into my house last year, they also stole this tape from me. Can't believe it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3237
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Fantastic news. While people were stealing my records when I let them into my house last year, they also stole this tape from me. Can't believe it.

Bad news.

As you let them in, do you know who they are? And di they get the letter too or just the tape?

Lastly, can you let us know the number of the tape you got. If anyone tries to sell it online, we can then identify it as stolen. If they peel the sticker off, we'll still know it's your stolen one, because no-one else would still have a sealed original other than one of us lot. I can also add a note about it on my site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 601
Join date : 2011-01-17
Age : 21
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Fantastic news. While people were stealing my records when I let them into my house last year, they also stole this tape from me. Can't believe it.

I could cry for you.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 pm

We let numerous bands come and stay, and have house shows/parties etc. I didn't notice anything was gone until I moved back home and wanted to update my tradelist. Collectively stolen was:

All 7"
The Sidekicks Sam
The Gaslight Anthem Sink or Swim Demo
The Gaslight Anthem Senor and The Queen
The Gaslight Anthem Old White Lincoln
The Gaslight Anthem Great Expectations
Shorebirds s/t (this was kinda orange coloured)
Static Radio NJ One For The Good Guys
Rancid s/t
Green Day Basket Case (Green coloured)
Crazy Arm Broken By The Wheel
Arms Aloft Comfort At Any Cost (Had a ribbon wrapped around the front of the 7", super rare)


Super super gutted.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 25
Location : Columbia, Missouri

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 pm

That's terrible, especially considering you're nice enough to let these people into your homes. Every house show I've been at has been full of extremely respectful people but it's sad to know that this stuff happens.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3237
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 am

It would still be handy to know the number of the tape and whther they got the letter too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 32
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:30 am

Its like they are the rings from Lord of The Rings and over time they slowly get lost and stolen only to be found years later. Its a shame this happened and if we can find it on some internet site and get you your tape back that would be good although very wishful thinking.

Also wish I had joined this forum much earlier to put myself in the running for a tape Wink
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Is it even possible to get The Coffeehouse Sessions?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm just curious about how rare they are and how sought after they are. I know only 15 (right?) cassettes were released but I'm wondering how often those pop up online. Has anyone on here even seen one go online for sale or for auction? If so, what was the price? What would you pay for one of the cassettes?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 5606
Join date : 2010-10-27
Age : 26
Location : Pennsylvania-The land of the Three Rivers.

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:51 pm

I think only his friends/family own them. I really really doubt they would ever let go of it.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 4155
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm


Http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t517-the-coffeehouse-sessions?highlight=coffeehouse

Please, use the search function everyone. Very Happy

And no, you would end up spending alot even if you came across one

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1501
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 pm

AmSlang59 wrote:
I'm just curious about how rare they are and how sought after they are. I know only 15 (right?) cassettes were released but I'm wondering how often those pop up online. Has anyone on here even seen one go online for sale or for auction? If so, what was the price? What would you pay for one of the cassettes?

There were actually around 200 made.
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Debonair wrote:

Http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t517-the-coffeehouse-sessions?highlight=coffeehouse

Please, use the search function everyone. Very Happy

And no, you would end up spending alot even if you came across one
Sorry! Smile New here!
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I think only his friends/family own them. I really really doubt they would ever let go of it.
Argh, people in other threads be misleading me! Someone said he gave them out to fans via a contest? I'm just curious if these have ever been up for auction. Is there a place to hear what's on them online?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1501
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:48 pm

AmSlang59 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I think only his friends/family own them. I really really doubt they would ever let go of it.
Argh, people in other threads be misleading me! Someone said he gave them out to fans via a contest? I'm just curious if these have ever been up for auction. Is there a place to hear what's on them online?

I think if you actually take the time to read the thread linked by Debonair (i.e., this thread), most, if not all of your questions will be answered.
Back to top Go down
tom.TGA.punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 24
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:18 pm

yeah wow i love how good he was a aged 15 its better than his current solo stuff he is working on, genuinely blown away
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 30
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:05 pm

tom.TGA.punk wrote:
yeah wow i love how good he was a aged 15 its better than his current solo stuff he is working on, genuinely blown away

What current solo stuff hmm?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 621
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 30
Location : Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:17 pm

was wondering that too....
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 807
Join date : 2009-02-17
Age : 27
Location : Drogheda, Ireland

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:41 pm

The quality of the files I have are so bad I rarely listen to them, but from what I remember I'd much rather listen to The Coffehouse Sessions than anything the Horrible Crowes have done. Presuming that's what ye poster meant by solo stuff...
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 30
Location : England ,Wigan

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Daire wrote:
The quality of the files I have are so bad I rarely listen to them, but from what I remember I'd much rather listen to The Coffehouse Sessions than anything the Horrible Crowes have done. Presuming that's what ye poster meant by solo stuff...

I thought that was what he mean't but I love The Horrible Crowes album so could not comprehend how somebody would say that very roughly recorded acoustic songs would be better.

I think Brian will still do an acoustic folk record one day, that would be superb!
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson


Posts : 412
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Palatine, IL

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Brian has plenty of solo albums in him. It's just not the right time.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 27
Location : Hazlet, NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:55 pm

That song Let Me Tell You Something 'Bout Heartbreak on the Coffeehouse Sessions is one of my favorites... but the quality is so bad.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3237
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:02 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
That song Let Me Tell You Something 'Bout Heartbreak on the Coffeehouse Sessions is one of my favorites... but the quality is so bad.

Until one of us who has a sealed tape rips it open and 'rips' it we won't know if we might be able to get better quality audio. For now, I'm not prepared to rip mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1501
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:05 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:
That song Let Me Tell You Something 'Bout Heartbreak on the Coffeehouse Sessions is one of my favorites... but the quality is so bad.

Until one of us who has a sealed tape rips it open and 'rips' it we won't know if we might be able to get better quality audio. For now, I'm not prepared to rip mine.

Unless you're planning on selling it, why in God's name wouldn't you open it and, well, listen to it?
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 27
Location : Hazlet, NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:
That song Let Me Tell You Something 'Bout Heartbreak on the Coffeehouse Sessions is one of my favorites... but the quality is so bad.

Until one of us who has a sealed tape rips it open and 'rips' it we won't know if we might be able to get better quality audio. For now, I'm not prepared to rip mine.

Unless you're planning on selling it, why in God's name wouldn't you open it and, well, listen to it?

I would never open it if I was lucky enough to have one.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3237
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:
That song Let Me Tell You Something 'Bout Heartbreak on the Coffeehouse Sessions is one of my favorites... but the quality is so bad.

Until one of us who has a sealed tape rips it open and 'rips' it we won't know if we might be able to get better quality audio. For now, I'm not prepared to rip mine.

Unless you're planning on selling it, why in God's name wouldn't you open it and, well, listen to it?

Because it's sealed, numbered, and signed by Chris Eissing. And I do have the existing poor quality rip. Just waiting for someone else to cave in first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   

Back to top Go down
 
The Coffeehouse Sessions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tiffany Sessions -- Missing 2/9/89
» Blue Rock Sessions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: The TGA Army-
Jump to: