A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2009-02-11
Location : 49015

PostSubject: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 am

I assume this isn't an April Fools prank since it's listed at Cargo Records. So if it is, I apologize.

The Singles Collection: 2008-2011 features nine 7" singles (45 RPM) packaged in a custom wooden box and also includes a Gaslight Anthem 45 adapter.

format: 9 7"
release: 07.06.2013
label: SIDE ONE DUMMY
item ID: 58172
barcode: 0603967151817

1.1. THE '59 SOUND
1.2. STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST (LIVE AT WE
2.1. OLD WHITE LINCOLN
2.2. THE #59 SOUND (ACOUSTIC ON KEXP)
3.1. GREAT EXPECTATIONS
3.2. GREAT EXPECTATIONS (ACOUSTIC ON KEX
4.1. AMERICAN SLANG
4.2. AMERICAN SLANG (ACOUSTIC)
5.1. BOXER
5.2. BOXER ACOUSTIC
6.1. THE DIAMOND CHURCH STREET CHOIR
6.2. ANTONIA JANE (ACOUSTIC ON KEXP)
7.1. STAY LUCKY
7.2. TUMBLING DICE
8.1. THE SPIRIT OF JAZZ
8.2. THE QUEEN OF LOWER CHELSEA (ACOUSTI
9.1. ONCE UPON A TIME
9.2. SHE LOVES YOU

taken from http://www.cargo-records.de/en/item/58172/katalog_art.123.html
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2008-08-17
Age : 28
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Man that's pretty cool if you don't have any of their vinyl and want to start collecting. Too bad most of us have most of these already.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:15 pm

the person who posted the story on the vinyl collective boards is now saying the whole story was an april fools joke....
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1493
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:42 pm

blugel wrote:
the person who posted the story on the vinyl collective boards is now saying the whole story was an april fools joke....

He was kidding. Here is the pre-order:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-129334-gaslight-anthem-singles-collection-limited-edition-9-x-7-box-set.aspx
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:24 pm

i can't bring myself to believe this until i hear it from side one dummy themselves...someone needs to tweet or email them...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1493
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:30 pm

blugel wrote:
i can't bring myself to believe this until i hear it from side one dummy themselves...someone needs to tweet or email them...

Yes, a respected music distributor took the time to create a photo of a fake product, make up a detailed description of it, and offer it for sale as part of an April Fools joke. That makes so much sense. Trust no one!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 pm

maybe harsh, sorry, sick, bad day, and hoping this is legit even though some clown keeps claiming he made it up on the vc message board...your point is valid, though....can't wait for this...
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 209
Join date : 2012-12-16
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:37 pm

oooh release date right around my bday, sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 194
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 39
Location : Middletown, NJ

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Just ordered a copy from shop radio cast
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson


Posts : 465
Join date : 2011-10-12

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:28 pm

this is definitely something pretty cool and interesting considering the price some of these go for on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-02-27
Age : 35
Location : Somewhere Over The Rainbow

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm

I already own some of these, but was missing a couple, so I'm really looking forward to this little set! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Got mine from Banquet! Looks cool!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 54
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 pm

shopradio and Banquet now have it up, first time on vinyl for some of these as were only promo cds before, box looks very classy and at £50 i think good value.(ORDERED)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:49 am

Well, it's a better job than Mercury's idea of a RSD release (even if this is not an RSD release).

As for those 7''s which have been released before, how will we tell the difference in the pressing? Have our existing first pressings just become less valuable?

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1493
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:30 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Well, it's a better job than Mercury's idea of a RSD release (even if this is not an RSD release).

As for those 7''s which have been released before, how will we tell the difference in the pressing? Have our existing first pressings just become less valuable?

Only 3 of the 9 were previously pressed: OWL, Great Expectations, and T59S. The earlier pressings of OWL and T59S were pressed on white and clear respectively so there won't be a problem telling the difference between these. As for Great Expectations, I would be surprised if there weren't a different matrix number or some other difference in appearance (however minor).

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2009-02-11
Location : 49015

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
Well, it's a better job than Mercury's idea of a RSD release (even if this is not an RSD release).

As for those 7''s which have been released before, how will we tell the difference in the pressing? Have our existing first pressings just become less valuable?

Only 3 of the 9 were previously pressed: OWL, Great Expectations, and T59S. The earlier pressings of OWL and T59S were pressed on white and clear respectively so there won't be a problem telling the difference between these. As for Great Expectations, I would be surprised if there weren't a different matrix number or some other difference in appearance (however minor).


The original Great Expectations single had Miles Davis & the Cool from the KEXP session as the b-side while the boxset says it has an acoustic Great Expectations. Both songs were on the cd single.

As someone that owns the original singles, I'm going to pass on this. None of the American Slang tracks were actually released as vinyl singles and including a 3 year old radio session as bsides isn't enough to warrant spending $60-70. Maybe if they'd included studio outtakes/alternate recordings, I wouldn't be so cynical about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1493
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:40 pm

ral wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
Well, it's a better job than Mercury's idea of a RSD release (even if this is not an RSD release).

As for those 7''s which have been released before, how will we tell the difference in the pressing? Have our existing first pressings just become less valuable?

Only 3 of the 9 were previously pressed: OWL, Great Expectations, and T59S. The earlier pressings of OWL and T59S were pressed on white and clear respectively so there won't be a problem telling the difference between these. As for Great Expectations, I would be surprised if there weren't a different matrix number or some other difference in appearance (however minor).


The original Great Expectations single had Miles Davis & the Cool from the KEXP session as the b-side while the boxset says it has an acoustic Great Expectations. Both songs were on the cd single.

As someone that owns the original singles, I'm going to pass on this. None of the American Slang tracks were actually released as vinyl singles and including a 3 year old radio session as bsides isn't enough to warrant spending $60-70. Maybe if they'd included studio outtakes/alternate recordings, I wouldn't be so cynical about the whole thing.

Didn't pick up on that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Joe Thumb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 pm

CutToRibbons wrote:
I already own some of these, but was missing a couple, so I'm really looking forward to this little set! Smile
same here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 235
Join date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:37 pm

I may have to invest in this too. I don't have any gaslight vinyl, except for a copy of handwritten I received by mistake last summer during the preorder snafu.
Back to top Go down
xorcist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 53
Join date : 2009-08-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Broke down and picked this up. I think I'm most excited for the wooden box...
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2010-07-13
Age : 31
Location : London, England

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:43 pm

anyone know of a UK distributor?
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-08-29
Location : Wigan, UK

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Banquet records
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm

kinda surprised that S1D hasn't issued any info about this yet....instead they're too busy still pimping their first comedy act and that restorations band...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1493
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:31 pm

blugel wrote:
kinda surprised that S1D hasn't issued any info about this yet....instead they're too busy still pimping their first comedy act and that restorations band...

Why don't you call them and ask?
SIDE ONE DUMMY RECORDS
1944 N CAHUENGA BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90068-3853
(323) 790-0990
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
blugel wrote:
kinda surprised that S1D hasn't issued any info about this yet....instead they're too busy still pimping their first comedy act and that restorations band...

Why don't you call them and ask?
SIDE ONE DUMMY RECORDS
1944 N CAHUENGA BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90068-3853
(323) 790-0990

Why don't you fuck off already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011   

Back to top Go down
 
SINGLES COLLECTION: 2008-2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gulu Walk 2008 - Jerusalem
» Some of my CEF collection
» Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011.
» Home alone...Leicester Mercury 23 July 2011
» Canadian Veteran Advocacy Mission Statement: January 2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Vinyl, CDs & Trading-
Jump to: