A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 am

what's a good video good for if there's no decent audio? anyone audio recording the show?
I will try to video tape the full show...
is GA taper-friendly? I record concerts with my HX20v, brings excellent video results...may try to sneak in my Panasonic HC-X929 camcoder if I'd know how GA and security think and act
advice please
will upload whatever footage I come up with in 1080p/50
Back to top Go down
TheFly1987
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 am

hi
i'm planing to tape the show. maybe some videos, too (hx9v)...
would be great to have a full-show video!
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 am

we should talk who records what
I do multicam mixes...
www.youtube.com/user/dvddubbingguy
my email is brucespringsteen@netcologne.de
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Did you manage to film the show??? If yes that would be so damn amazing cause I was the one withg the 40 shows and it would be amazing to see and hear it back!!! :-)
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 am

yes...I was in the teenth row, complete show filmed except couple of minutes where I had to change the batteries...audio recorder ran out of battery, don't know how much audio there is...will ask around who else recorded audio/video and will do a multicam
it was a rough crowd and I got bumped into several times so the footage is rough, people were almost fighting, very rude, I never got it why they have to jump into each other on command, it looks like a couple hundred people just go there to jump into each other
they should do it elsewhere and find other hobbies where they can "fight"
Back to top Go down
TheFly1987
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 am

i recorded the audio of the whole show. will be on dime later this day/tomorrow ;-)
Back to top Go down
TheFly1987
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:32 am

_rebekka_ wrote:
Did you manage to film the show??? If yes that would be so damn amazing cause I was the one withg the 40 shows and it would be amazing to see and hear it back!!! :-)
ah, it was you! :-D
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:35 am

please upload the source files somewhere in the resolution you recorded in...
did you manage some shots with your HX9?
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 pm

dvddubbingguy wrote:
yes...I it was a rough crowd and I got bumped into several times so the footage is rough, people were almost fighting, very rude, I never got it why they have to jump into each other on command, it looks like a couple hundred people just go there to jump into each other

That's always been a critical discussion...but I think for some people a concert becomes worth visiting when the crowd goes crazy and if there's a lot of action and fun, 'cause otherwise there's not a lot of difference from listening to the records at home.  Wink

Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion and I also agree that there were a few people being much too aggressive. Just consider that you always have to face that people go crazy, if you visit a punk(rock) concert and want to stay in the front rows. In my opinion, the crowd wasn't that aggressive at all, I've seen crowds that were much more aggressive and "dangerous"  Wink

Anyway, thanks a lot for filming the concert. I'd be interested in the results   Clap ..

Last edited by thomas94 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 am

here is a preview:
https://youtu.be/pt7nK7IsNeo (available in a couple of minutes)
It's one of the better shots because the crowd was not bumping into me all the time...
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 am

can' t wait for the whole set ! very nice that you managed to record the show. it was my 8th tga concert and one of the best so far !
the preview looks good, awesome that you didn't only focus on brian ! thanks again.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 am

dvddubbingguy wrote:
yes...I was in the teenth row, complete show filmed except couple of minutes where I had to change the batteries...audio recorder ran out of battery, don't know how much audio there is...will ask around who else recorded audio/video and will do a multicam
it was a rough crowd and I got bumped into several times so the footage is rough, people were almost fighting, very rude, I never got it why they have to jump into each other on command, it looks like a couple hundred people just go there to jump into each other

The preview looks great. Thanks for recording! And I agree with you about the crowd. People can have a blast and move around plenty without moshing and ruining the show for other people (okay I'll be fair, SOME other people). Smile

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Some videos from Duesseldorf:

Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Really good videos. I just don't like how the sound is on them. Gaslight just sounds different in these vids.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:57 pm

dvddubbingguy wrote:
here is a preview:
https://youtu.be/pt7nK7IsNeo (available in a couple of minutes)
It's one of the better shots because the crowd was not bumping into me all the time...

Looks pretty good. Thanks Wink . Just an idea, 'cause you're searching for other people who filmed the concert. PPQ's vids are pretty good if you ask me, maybe a combination of your and his videos would deliver awesome results

Just to make that clear, I don't say that moshing crowds and going crazy is what( punk)rock (shows) are about. There's soo much more about punkrock. I only tried to express that stuff like moshing can and often will happen if you go to such a concert and watch it from the the front rows.

Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 pm

any chance to get the show on mp3? much appreciated
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:05 am

pleeeeaaaaseee.....I was at that show...and IŽm not on dime...
Back to top Go down
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:35 am

mixing is done, on several songs multicam, dubbed audio (up to minute 64 it's a 3-source mix, from then on it is 2-sources only since my battery quit)
amazing audio and video quality!
full show as AVCHD blu-ray (25gb single layer) in 1080p/50 with PCM audio (24-96)
I wanted to upload it to dime but I guess I should not...
I used one picture for the cover and several pictures (to fill blank video where I changed battery) from this photograph: http://www.allschools.de/gallery/1312769
I asked him for his permission to use his shots but he is not ok with it.
I am not aware of the copyright issue in that case so if I upload the show with his photos I fear I might get into trouble.
Any advice on this and alternatives to get this amazing blu-ray out to you?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Can you just not use the pictures?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
dvddubbingguy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 pm

no artwork then? uh...also I already rendered the video...
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:33 pm

mp3 only would be great
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:04 pm

send you some pics from dŽdorf. schick mir ne email an politplatschquatsch@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:23 pm

click to see photo:

Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Well Im looking forward to seeing this in its entirety. Fine work sir!!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm

PPQ wrote:
click to see photo:

Is that a scan of the tour poster? If so, where did you get that...hab versucht eins in der Konzerthalle zu finden, das man sich nach der Show als Souvenir schnappen kann, aber keinen Erfolg gehabt Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...   

Back to top Go down

going to record video at the Duesseldorf show...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next