A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Meeting the band

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: meeting the band?   Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:15 pm

I am going to see TGA at the Forum in London on 4 June. If I want to meet the band, what would be the best strategy? I gather they signed autographs at Nottingham last year. I have all day, so can get there at any time.

PM if that's the best way to avoid a crush.

Of course, I'd be happy to collect my backstage pass ...

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Wait up for them after their set, they come out to meet the crowd that stays late i hear
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:51 am

Stage entrance/exit is pretty much the best bet, as you'll probably be ushered out of the room they've performed in. After the show is probably better as there's no real way of knowing what time they'll be entering the venue, whereas at least you know once they're in they've gotta come out.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:49 am

Find the back where the tour vans and buses are.
You can usually catch them then or in the merch area beforehand is where you will most probably find Benny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:08 am

It's strange as Benny is the only member of the band I have yet to meet, yet the one that most people seem to bump into when he's just hanging around the merch area!
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:44 pm

He likes to work merch. He isn't really the one I would envision sitting in the van writing dark poetry.
I remember an interview somewhere where he said he likes to hang out at the merch table because he still remembers being a kid in the crowd at gigs and how amazing it was to just be able to walk up to your idol and talk to them so I guess he is carrying out the belief that no one should be greater than anyone, just because they are in a band.
A lot of muscians like to segregate themselves from their fans and preferring those stupid meet and greets.
TGA are one of a few that think thats silly which is something to be admired.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:46 pm

The American scene and everywhere else in the world is really different I think in terms of what bands do afterwards.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:50 pm

yeah I guessed that.
we just get a load of shitty pop punk bands out of the scene who think they are either the second coming of Christ or the Beatles.
Plus we have Oasis. Can't stand them. So damn arrogant!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Next time I'll hang around the merch table a bit more. Last time I assumed the two people to be working merch were Hollie (Fallon) and Gunner (of vinyl fame)???

Is it before or after the gig he hangs out at merch?

....although asking that it's gonna be a while before I get to see them again...
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:16 am

I didn't see Hollie at all but I actually think Gunner is their guitar tech/stage manager right?
I am under the impression (although correct me if I am wrong) that when they go to Europe they have different people touring with them that already live there/UK. It cuts down costs I guess.

Beforehand on merch I think.
Afterwards is probably a bit crazy. He was outside afterward with the rest of TGA when I was at their gig and it seems that way from the feedback of my friends who went to other dates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Ok cool. I know they said they meet up with Gunner (or is it Gunnar?) when they come to Europe so he's involved one way or another. And Hollie (I assume it was her as she's their tour manager) didnt hang about merch for long at all, she literally went as me and my buddy were sizing up the tshirts.

Yet I bought my merch afterwards and it was crazy. No wonder as the gig was awesome. Sweet...I'll wait outside after the gig next time...I usually try and catch bands beforehand but it's very hit and miss.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

I checked the album credits and thanks yous and it appears to be Gunnar of Gunner Records.

Yeah it's probs best to catch them afterwards because they have things like sound checks and seeing every blog/zine/media person in town beforehand. You can have a proper chat with them afterwards because all that is out of the way and its more chilled.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:39 pm

I just hung out after the show in the back and eventually they all came out. Benny was the most down to earth and probably the most approachable. They were standing behind a barrier, and Benny jumped over and was like "this is too awkward, we're not the Bealtes, why do we need a barrier!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:47 am

KSUpilot wrote:
Benny was the most down to earth and probably the most approachable. They were standing behind a barrier, and Benny jumped over and was like "this is too awkward, we're not the Bealtes, why do we need a barrier!"

Haha. Altough I'm yet to meet Benny I can imagine him being like this. I've found Alex L. very approachable as well. Although that's not to say Alex R. and Brian weren't!
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:28 am

I guess that is what makes them stand out from others around them.
If they aren't honest people then I think the word honest needs a different meaning.

I still remember the chat I had with Brian. If it had involved a cup of tea and a sofa it would have been like talking to a really close family member.
We talked about Bruce Springsteen, the Superbowl, fish and chips and Polar Bear Club and also a band called Chamerlain.
I'll have to get a picture of my ticket that he signed. He wrote down the band and it's album I should listen to after he remembered that it had a song with the same title as my name. He got the album wrong though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:30 pm

I didn't get to talk to Brian for that long when I met him. I chatted to Alex L. for a bit though, and I agree what you're saying... they talk to you as if you've known them for ages, and as if they are your friend, rather than just a fan/cash cow.

It certianly makes a change from most other bands.
Back to top Go down
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 pm

We hung around for about 45 minutes after the Chicago show but they hadnít come out yet by the time we left. We did get to talk to the singer of Heartless Bastards for a few minutes. She was very cool and evidently, hates insurance companies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:29 am

Mosh wrote:
We hung around for about 45 minutes

That's a shame. I've done that with other bands before, and know the feeling. Hopefully you'll get to meet them some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:57 pm

For the US Tour, hang out at the back of the venue near the vans and where they'll come out. Usually they'll usher people out of the club so just wait back there and they'll hang out as they load the van and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Vibes wrote:
For the US Tour, hang out at the back of the venue near the vans and where they'll come out. Usually they'll usher people out of the club so just wait back there and they'll hang out as they load the van and stuff.

The same thing probably goes for the UK...
Back to top Go down
GraveRobbers
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Meeting the Band   Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:38 am

So I was at a show, and I wanted to meet the band. The night was the best night of my life, and that would have been the only thing that could of made it better.

So I was wondering when and were is the best time to meet the band?
Back to top Go down
oli1980
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 am

if you need to ask, it aint never guna happen
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 am

Usually just mill around the stage. They'll be around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Meeting Brian.   Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 am

What are youre experiences about meeting Brian after gigs (how you went about it)
For autographs, pictures etc...
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:57 am

He seemed pretty shy. Much more craic out of Bennz and the Alex's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   

Back to top Go down

Meeting the band
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next