A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:23 pm

This was a very hyped poster, they knew how many people wanted it & what they could get from it. I'm not to to surprised but still...

I bet they'll create an alternate color pressing that's cheaper/unsigned & almost infinite amount of pressings. They usually do on high demand ones it seems lately..

Here's to hoping the premiere is no where near that price.

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:26 pm

While $75 is quite a bit of money to me, I went ahead and bought one. I fell in love with this poster and even more so because it is signed. (I usually don't care about signed items unless I personally had it signed while meeting the person/band). I wouldn't have paid any more than I did for the fan club poster, however.
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Main reason I got one was because me and a close friend always quote
'Here in the dark I cherish the moonlight,
I'm in love with the way you're in love with the night
And it travels from heart to limb to pen'
to each other and I've got a horrible feeling from what I've seen that life isn't going to end well for him. That poster is kinda our picture.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:33 pm

I personally hope they don't make another poster with different colors. That would be misleading us. Do not rush us into paying $75 for a poster if your gonna re-release it for cheaper! Who would wanna pay $75 dollars for something when they could get almost the same thing for $45 or whatever.

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:39 pm

enola wrote:
Seems to be sold out already ....

And that's why they're charging $75. Cus people will pay. End of story.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Fairly ridiculous.

Are we saying their signatures are worth an extra $40. Hopefully an unsigned batch will be released at a normal price. Otherwise it's just profiteering.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:53 pm

bringiton wrote:
Fairly ridiculous.

Are we saying their signatures are worth an extra $40. Hopefully an unsigned batch will be released at a normal price. Otherwise it's just profiteering.

They have debts no honest man can pay.

Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Well if they release a different color or an unsigned one then they can have my $75 dollar one back and I'll get a cheaper one! Like the print but if they have a cheaper alternative...then I'm in!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Would it be THAT surprising if they did release a cheaper one that wasn't signed? We've seen a lot of that kind of thing where we all go "well if I'd known they'd do that I would have waited", so it won't surprise me if they do.

If we go to the premiere and they're like $60 and you can buy one and then track all the guys down and get it signed, then that'd be pretty funny, if not so unfortunate for those who payed $75. But I don't want it signed so I'm crossing my fingers for $50-$60 unsigned.

Ugh different color? No

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:22 pm

From El Jefe's fb page:

Heads up - 2 PM est on Friday I will have a small amount of artist copies of the Every Word Handwritten poster up for sale. Signed by myself NOT the band. They will be $45 plus shipping. Thank you for all your support.

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 pm

I agree it probably sold to alot of peopel looking to capitalize on ebay. may try and get the one signed by El Jefe hes releasing. $45 aint bad
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 pm

And in 12 months, El Jefe will magically find a pile of these laying around when he's cleaning up and sell them for $200 a pop. Just kidding partially...

but I think I will definitely buy Jefe's signed copy. I am more into that for some reason. Artists signature plus $30 less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:36 pm

SirBrad wrote:
And in 12 months, El Jefe will magically find a pile of these laying around when he's cleaning up and sell them for $200 a pop. Just kidding partially...

YES! This bugs the hell out of me. No matter who it is. It's all a marketing strategy, I know you didn't just "magically" find these. Sometimes just let things sell out. Don't make reprints, new colors, find more etc. For the people who actually waited and got one it kinda sucks. Especially when an item says "once it's gone it's gone" - I get money needs to be made but still...

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Kevin Slack just tweeted that there will be also a few unsigned posters available at the premiere. Good luck for everyone going!

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Last edited by enola on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm

I got one. $75 ($90+ with postage to the UK) is a lot, but i love it. And while i think there's a 95% chance that more will be available very soon, i don't want to risk that other 5% coming through and me missing out.

If, however, no more of these are produced, it's ridiculous. The initial red run of 'Never let me go' went within a day, and now this within 10 minutes? Surely they can bank on producing bigger runs now.

I know it's intelligent marketing for them to play it like they have done - announce the expensive 200, then once they've gone announce another cheaper, unsigned, run. But it's a bit harsh on the fans. The $90 won't break my bank, but i expect there are some who have bought it who can't really afford it, and will have bought one not wanting to risk not getting one at all.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:57 pm

enola wrote:
From El Jefe's fb page:

Heads up - 2 PM est on Friday I will have a small amount of artist copies of the Every Word Handwritten poster up for sale. Signed by myself NOT the band. They will be $45 plus shipping. Thank you for all your support.

He also said in the comments that it won't be repressed. New colors or anything. These we pretty tough to make apparently. So that's good news!

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Debonair wrote:
SirBrad wrote:

YES! This bugs the hell out of me. No matter who it is. It's all a marketing strategy, I know you didn't just "magically" find these. Sometimes just let things sell out. Don't make reprints, new colors, find more etc. For the people who actually waited and got one it kinda sucks. Especially when an item says "once it's gone it's gone" - I get money needs to be made but still...

Wow - thanks for the business insight...

I don't magically find anything. Usually it comes from digging through 10 years of work and thinking "hey, people may want this". I could always ebay the stuff instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Would rather them say a day in advance... We made 300 posters total. 200 will be signed by band for $75. 50 are signed and numbered by El Jefe through his webstore for $45 plus shipping. Finally 50 unsigned posters will available at the Handwritten premier for $45 . Then everyone can plan and get funds together accordingly. Then everyone knows the deal...no need to email or tweet and bother anyone.

I feel bad for those who didn't get one that really wanted one....but I also like having really limited stuff that sells out super quick. It makes it extra special and like a conversation piece. Warhol or whoevers paintings wouldn't be all that exciting or worth much if everyone had one!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm praying that my internet doesn't screw me over like it did with the signed version. I'll fork over $45 for this in a heartbeat. I don't have high hopes though.

Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Just read El Jefe's FB page..so yeah he cleared up a few things. Now that I look back on this ...super glad I grabbed it! Had doubts for like 10 secs! But the way this thing sold... that would have made the diff between getting one and not getting one.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:49 pm

$45 is still a bit pricey for a poster but... it is a fantastic poster and I already have a few at home and i think they will be lonely without this one in the house haha. Too right Shelby! i really hope my internet doesnt screw me out of it
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm

$45 is still a bit pricey for a poster but... it is a fantastic poster and I already have a few at home and i think they will be lonely without this one in the house haha. Too right Shelby! i really hope my internet doesnt screw me out of it
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm

El Jefe wrote:
Debonair wrote:
SirBrad wrote:

Wow - thanks for the business insight...

I don't magically find anything. Usually it comes from digging through 10 years of work and thinking "hey, people may want this". I could always ebay the stuff instead.

Lol I can't say I've personally experienced this with you. That's what I meant by the "no matter who it is" I was trying to say not necessarily with you. I was in a rush to get somewhere Razz

To clarify a bit better its believable to find a few personal copies and want to get them out to fans to enjoy. That's cool and nice to do. You don't have to do that.

But I've experienced and heard stories of companies advertise things as "super rare" and "won't be repressed" etc. and then months later they happen to find like 200 copies of said rare item. Idk do you really lose track of that many? I guess.. But there's something really weird about situations like that.

I've heard explanations such as there were over runs and etc. so why not just sell those all at once when they first go on sale? Why in a sense hide it from people that 400 were made instead of 200? All I can think of is that the companies are trying to hype to make a sale.

I'm using fake numbers but I'm sure you understand my meaning... If you have better understanding into situations like this I would love to know. Very Happy

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Just got an email from the fan club saying:

Quote :
The members of the directing and production team would like to thank all those interested in attending the premiere of Every Word Handwritten. The guestlist request form is closed and those who applied for and granted passes will be notified by email over the next day or two.

Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Is the poster already off of the site?
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   

Back to top Go down

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next