A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 pm

The poster is beautiful, but I'm getting antsy about the film itself! Everytime this thread is updated I get all excited!!

Is there any news on when we may be able to see it?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 pm

I think that poster may be Jeff's best work. It's mesmerizing.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am

Oh dear, that's beautiful.

But I already cringe at the likely shipping costs :<
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:59 pm

YES! cannot wait for this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 am

From twitter:

Quote :
@Kevin_Slack: cant give details yet but to those who've been asking there will be a theatrical & online premiere of "Every Word Handwritten" this month!

Great news! He also said it will get some type of physical release after it premieres.

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 am

That is great news!

I hope they made plenty of copies of this poster though, cuz it's gonna go fast.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 am

If they did a poster/DVD - Blu-ray bundle that would be awesome. I would def get that.

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:32 pm

i can't wait, interesting move on their part
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm

email says:
Quote :
Exclusive Offer from The Gaslight Anthem & Infinite Merch
We are adding a special signed poster for the Every Word Handwritten short film. It wasn't easy, but we managed to have all four members of the band sign this amazing silk screen poster. El Jefe Design used five screens and the moon just pops out at you. This poster will be added to the band's store tomorrow at 2PM EST. We have 200 of these available.

Every Word Handwritten Poster
In case you didn't hear. Kevin Slack, who has directed a number of The Gaslight Anthem's music videos, has created a short film titled Every Word Handwritten. Every Word Handwritten is a dramatic short film that follows the lifespan of one vinyl record, highlighting it as the thread through many people's lives for decades to come. Inspired by The Gaslight Anthem's song 'Handwritten', the film explores the romanticism of owning a physical piece of music and the impact, whether big or small, that it can have on someone's life.

The premiere of Every Word Handwritten will be on February 19th in New York City. We will provide more information on how you may view this in an upcoming email.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Let the fight for the 200 copies begin! I wonder what they're gonna charge.

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 pm

If it's over $40, are people going to lose their minds and say how expensive it is? queen
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm

I actually would prefer this unsigned. Autographs don't really do anything for me and I would prefer to have the artwork unscathed. Hopefully they will aslo make unsigned copies available.

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Quote :
@Kevin_Slack: Gaslight Anthem fan club members - you have a pretty awesome invite coming your way today!

Bet it's for the theater premier!!! So going if I can! Please be near by lol!!

Made the list.

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Is there only 200 copies!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I actually would prefer this unsigned. Autographs don't really do anything for me and I would prefer to have the artwork unscathed. Hopefully they will aslo make unsigned copies available.

I agree unless I personally get it signed I don't see the allure to buying autographs. All the autographs I have a memory/story that I remember from the night I got them. To buy one seems weird. But if people like it - hey who am I to judge.

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm

No doubt they've added the signature to bump up the price. That + increased international postage charges, think I might give this one a miss.

Pretty weird they're not making normal copies available.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

Same here. I don't care much for autographs and I would rather have the poster unsigned. But hey, maybe there will be more released afterwards ...

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Debonair wrote:
Quote :
@Kevin_Slack: Gaslight Anthem fan club members - you have a pretty awesome invite coming your way today!

Oh wow, didn't think of that. Maybe? I just assumed he hadn't realized that the email about the posters had gone out already. but:

"The premiere of Every Word Handwritten will be on February 19th in New York City. We will provide more information on how you may view this in an upcoming email."

Does lend itself to that. Although kinda weird to tease non-fan club members at the end of the newsletter email if that's the case?

I'm predicting $45-$50 on the poster and that another 200 copies that are unsigned will end up available. but who knows.

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Quote :

Oh wow, didn't think of that. Maybe? I just assumed he hadn't realized that the email about the posters had gone out already. but:

"The premiere of Every Word Handwritten will be on February 19th in New York City. We will provide more information on how you may view this in an upcoming email."

Does lend itself to that. Although kinda weird to tease non-fan club members at the end of the newsletter email if that's the case?

I'm predicting $45-$50 on the poster and that another 200 copies that are unsigned will end up available. but who knows.

He's acknowledged that email and said on twitter to people that there's more to come in the club email. Some im betting its an invite to the premier. At least it would be awesome if it was.

I guess if not that, what else can you be "invited" to? Any Ideas?

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Maybe he mistook the e-mail list as the Fan Club, because at the bottom of the email it says more info is coming.
Quote :

The premiere of Every Word Handwritten will be on February 19th in New York City. We will provide more information on how you may view this in an upcoming email.
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 pm

the posters cool. does anyone know what it's actually about,
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Is the poster fan club only?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Quote :

Exclusive Offer from The Gaslight Anthem & Infinite Merch

We are adding a special signed poster for the Every Word Handwritten short film. It wasn't easy, but we managed to have all four members of the band sign this amazing silk screen poster. El Jefe Design used five screens and the moon just pops out at you. This poster will be added to the band's store tomorrow at 2PM EST. We have 200 of these available.

In case you didn't hear. Kevin Slack, who has directed a number of The Gaslight Anthem's music videos, has created a short film titled Every Word Handwritten. Every Word Handwritten is a dramatic short film that follows the lifespan of one vinyl record, highlighting it as the thread through many people's lives for decades to come. Inspired by The Gaslight Anthem's song 'Handwritten', the film explores the romanticism of owning a physical piece of music and the impact, whether big or small, that it can have on someone's life.

Thank you,

IM Staff

Can't wait to see how angry people get at IM this time! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Called it! Just got RSVP email from 45 rpm club. Very Happy

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm

see ya there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   

Back to top Go down

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next