A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 am

I thought it was pretty good. Well made, heartwarming, and I feel the soundtrack really added to the visuals. I can see why people are a little dissapointed though, it is basically just an extended version of the video (which I actually like a lot more now, having seen the longer cut).
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Kinda weird that Brian didn't attend, no?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

^^There can be any number of reasons of course but one may be that if he was there, some attention might be drawn off Benny, Alex, and Kevin and onto him. He may not have wanted that to happen because it was "their night" so to speak.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Kinda weird that Brian didn't attend, no?

I'm sure whatever reason he had, it was a good one. His absence didn't take away from the night by any means.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm

With Brian, it's never worth reading anything into anything....

As an aside: I neglected to mention earlier, one of the true highlights of the night was the 10-foot-high Shelby during the club scene at the beginning of the film. And seeing impossibly-handsome-man up close and realizing he ISN'T 10 feet tall in real life.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 pm

njguy99 wrote:
With Brian, it's never worth reading anything into anything....

As an aside: I neglected to mention earlier, one of the true highlights of the night was the 10-foot-high Shelby during the club scene at the beginning of the film. And seeing impossibly-handsome-man up close and realizing he ISN'T 10 feet tall in real life.

Haha oh god I don't know if seeing myself blown up like that would be a good thing. But you're nice to say it was a highlight! Hahaha I forgot about our comparisons to impossibly-handsome-man or whatever that guy was called. Does he look at all different when he's not dressed for the character?

Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Haha oh god I don't know if seeing myself blown up like that would be a good thing. But you're nice to say it was a highlight! Hahaha I forgot about our comparisons to impossibly-handsome-man or whatever that guy was called. Does he look at all different when he's not dressed for the character?

He walked past on the way out and I did a double-take. He looked like a normal run-of-the-mill NYC hipster guy...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Finally got to watch this. Nice enough, but I'm not sure it added anything to the music video, which had a lot more impact. I had expected far more stuff that hadn't made it into the music video.

Still, we got a great poster out of it and I'm looking forward to the Slack/Horowitz feature film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Navesink Banks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Still have an extra poster, band signed. Would love to trade for vinyl or other posters, but willing to sell it as well.

Never realized how expensive custom framing is... $170 at michael's WITH 60% off!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Navesink Banks wrote:
Still have an extra poster, band signed. Would love to trade for vinyl or other posters, but willing to sell it as well.

Never realized how expensive custom framing is... $170 at michael's WITH 60% off!!!!

In my experience, independently-owned framing shops are much cheaper for custom framing (at least in NYC).
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Sent you a PM Navsink Banks...
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Got my poster today. The pictures don't do justice to how it looks "in the flesh".

Navesink Banks wrote:
Wow, that's steep. I paid 50 for a 25x19 here, and thought that was a bit on the expensive side.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:05 am

Has anyone seen Arcade Fire's short film "Scenes from the Suburbs"?

I think I enjoyed it more than Every Word Handwritten.

And then there's "Love", the Angels and Airwaves feature length film...
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:18 pm

No but i will definately watch that arcade fire one! thanx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:58 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
Got my poster today. The pictures don't do justice to how it looks "in the flesh".

Navesink Banks wrote:
Wow, that's steep. I paid 50 for a 25x19 here, and thought that was a bit on the expensive side.

Wow! This looks really good...I'm jealous. Didn't order it b/c I considered 75 dollars (plus shipping) as too much money for a single poster Wink
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Yozzy wrote:
Has anyone seen Arcade Fire's short film "Scenes from the Suburbs"?

I think I enjoyed it more than Every Word Handwritten.

And then there's "Love", the Angels and Airwaves feature length film...

the arcade fire one is pretty great
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 pm

The record store where they shot some scenes is closing down and turning into a froyo place (because there aren't enough of those in NYC)

http://nyulocal.com/city/2013/03/07/record-store-bleecker-bobs-closing-in-may-froyo-to-replace-it/

Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:56 pm

The record store where they shot some scenes is closing down and turning into a froyo place (because there aren't enough of those in NYC)

http://nyulocal.com/city/2013/03/07/record-store-bleecker-bobs-closing-in-may-froyo-to-replace-it/

Fanfuckingtastic.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:45 am

Man, I didn't know they shot at Bob's. Fuck. I'm really sad this place is closing. Gotta make a stop in before they shut their doors. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 pm

i got my shirt from infinity merch and the print is wicked off center. at first i though i was just shaped weird but i guess its just the printing of the shirt. ive already worn so i dont think i can exchange it but kind of annoying
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:27 pm

If you haven't heard, Every Word Handwritten will be screening at the Montclair Film Festival on Friday May 3rd at 7:30 with a bunch of other cool short films. Tickets are now on sale so if you want to come get them soon because I don't think the space is very big. Both Benny and I will be there so hope to see you there! Thanks for all the support

http://prod5.agileticketing.net/websales/pages/info.aspx?evtinfo=9295~f1e5aa30-a72f-4be8-84d2-d14598d9c606

cheers
Kevin
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Also available on iTunes next week or so.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Now available on iTunes for $1.99! (in the US anyway.)
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:34 am

I cant find it. Only thing that comes up is the album. scratch

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   

Back to top Go down

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next