A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:18 pm

I just got one 17 minutes after 2 EST. Kept refreshing and someone released it from their cart.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 pm

got it! wondering how much of them were avaliable scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Have another in my cart that I will release in a minute if someone wants it. still one available... Keep refreshing and grab it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:24 pm

And now they really are sold out.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:26 pm

just out of curiosity, was there anyone who wanted to get one but didn't because it sold out?
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:55 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
The worth of the poster is what people are willing to pay for it...
Precisely. Supply and demand. The fact that the 200 sold out so quickly at $75 suggests it was actually worth more than that. I suspect it would have still gone in under an hour if it was $90, and probably in a day at $100.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:16 am

Got my print today. It's gorgeous. love the signatures. Only bad part was no craft paper was used to package it so it was harder to take out of the tube and i was scared of ripping it!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:55 pm

azlisa wrote:
Only bad part was no craft paper was used to package it so it was harder to take out of the tube and i was scared of ripping it!
In my experience (2 posters bought direct from El Jefe, 2 from Infinite Merch), IM don't send them with craft paper, whereas El Jefe does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
azlisa wrote:
Only bad part was no craft paper was used to package it so it was harder to take out of the tube and i was scared of ripping it!
In my experience (2 posters bought direct from El Jefe, 2 from Infinite Merch), IM don't send them with craft paper, whereas El Jefe does.

Good to hear as I got an unsigned copy from El Jefe. Glad it will be wrapped up.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Apparently there will be info coming about how you can see the movie if you can't make the premiere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:00 am

Got my shipping notification and info for the El Jefe unsigned version.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Got my signed print today! The print is beautiful. But the signatures are ugly in my opinion! Black ink on dark blue paper. Should have used a thicker silver marker. And their signatures look like chicken scratch too.

Last edited by 19thirty on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:09 pm

19thirty wrote:
Got my signed print today! The print is beautiful. But the signatures are ugly in my opinion! Black ink on dark blue paper. Should have used a thicker silver marker. And they're signatures look like chicken scratch too.

I can't tell the difference between the 2 Alex's signatures.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm

"Making a mere 100 shirts for the Every Word Handwritten premier."

From EL Jefe's facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:45 pm

^ I'd be happy to pay someone to pick one of these up for me. I could even trade a record for one. Let me know if someone's interested. Have SOS on a bunch of colors and other stuff too... I'd be willing to part with. Get in touch!
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:34 pm

So I'm quite disappointed in the poster for many reasons. One as you can see I've got some nice bends in it. Not sure if I should blame packaging for that, or the post office. Also the black ink on the blue poster is a terrible idea. Honestly I would very much like a refund. Anyone have any clue who I would talk to about that? This is quite unacceptable IMO.

Edit: Guess I should include the images

Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Oh yeah that poster is beat up! I wouldn't be to happy about that either!
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:03 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
One as you can see I've got some nice bends in it. Not sure if I should blame packaging for that, or the post office.
these look like more than just roll bends. was the tube damaged as well?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:05 pm

ral wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:
One as you can see I've got some nice bends in it. Not sure if I should blame packaging for that, or the post office.
these look like more than just roll bends. was the tube damaged as well?

Yes tube was damaged as well. Wasn't a super sturdy tube though, so I'm not really shocked by that. Anything I can do about this?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 pm

My guess is they used black marker so it didn't interfere with the artwork too much. Silver would probably glare under lighting, no?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
My guess is they used black marker so it didn't interfere with the artwork too much. Silver would probably glare under lighting, no?

Maybe, but its very hard to see the signatures. I understand not wanting to take away from the artwork, but at the same time the reason we paid 80$ for it and not just a normal 15-30$ or so for the poster is because of the signatures...and the signatures are also a mess to. Cant figure out which alex is which.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I ended up getting a poster because I had one in my cart I ended up not buying, but Infinite Merch contacted me about it so I had a change of heart and purchased it. I am not too happy with it. I have to be honest, they probably should have just signed in the moon so you could see the signatures. The poster is nice, but not $80 nice, even signed. Can't even see the signatures well. I feel like all I ever do is complain anymore, but when you spend $80 you want something that feels like $80.

I know I didn't just give a great sales pitch, but If anyone missed out and really wants one, I will definitely consider selling it for $80. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Quote :
Cant figure out which alex is which.
I can understand about being upset about bends in the poster, but complaining about their actual handwriting? scratch
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Quote :
Cant figure out which alex is which.
I can understand about being upset about bends in the poster, but complaining about their actual handwriting? scratch

seriously. have people never seen autographs before?

as for who's who, on the photo above I'm pretty sure that Levine's signature is above "Every" and Rosamilia's is at the end of "Handwritten"
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:05 pm

All in all..I'm pretty happy with the print after taking a better look at it! Will probably get it framed one of these days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   

Back to top Go down

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next