A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
It is bullshit. And while I will not break the rules of this forum, it's the band/label's own damn fault if they lose money when people find other ways to get this illegally. Nothing personal to UK fans because this isn't their decision but when did they become more important than the rest of us? I seriously want to know the reason for this decision because it confuses me. I always try to think the best of people, especially this band but I really can't fathom how this makes any sense.

I think the reason behind this might be the fact that they are currently touring Europe plus the fact that they draw bigger crowds there.
In US outside of the NY/NJ area their shows don't sellout real quick.

also how do labels expect people to not pirate and pay for things if the release date has huge gap. Just a dumb decision by the label (and maybe the band if they agreed to it)
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 119
Join date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
i know skinny love and misery are both on tumblr, and those sounded good. now all that's left is hold you up

Thanks for the hint! Desperately waiting for Hold You Up to appear on the web as well.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 30
Location : scottsdale, arizona

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 am

I'll be purchasing the 10" so I won't buy the mp3s. Anyone know if this will include a download card?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
It is bullshit. And while I will not break the rules of this forum, it's the band/label's own damn fault if they lose money when people find other ways to get this illegally. Nothing personal to UK fans because this isn't their decision but when did they become more important than the rest of us? I seriously want to know the reason for this decision because it confuses me. I always try to think the best of people, especially this band but I really can't fathom how this makes any sense.

I think the reason behind this might be the fact that they are currently touring Europe plus the fact that they draw bigger crowds there.
In US outside of the NY/NJ area their shows don't sellout real quick.

also how do labels expect people to not pirate and pay for things if the release date has huge gap. Just a dumb decision by the label (and maybe the band if they agreed to it)

I think that might be the reason too and if it is that's just sad. A fan is a fan regardless of -geographical location
-how many other fans live in their country
-where you happen to be touring at the moment.

We have this amazing thing now called the internet where it's so incredibly easy to share things around the world. Why do we even still have releases that are limited by country? And yeah, I have no doubt Hold You Up will show up on the internet as well and then how many sales will they lose when everyone's stolen them all?

All I'm hoping is to hear a good explanation. One might say "they don't have to explain anything". That's true. But I also don't have to buy their music. That's all I'm saying.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:55 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I think the reason behind this might be the fact that they are currently touring Europe plus the fact that they draw bigger crowds there.

but isn't it just a UK release, which people in other European countries can't even get?


CapedAvenger wrote:
On an unrelated note, and sorry if i'm threadcrapping, is there a definitive list of all officially-released tracks anywhere on here or elsewhere? I'm sure i've got 95%+ of the stuff, but wondered if i'd missed some b-sides, etc.

check out

http://www.gaslightanthem.org/discs.htm
http://www.gaslightanthem.org/discsmercury.htm

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord


Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:04 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Klown the troll has returned

Why did he ever leave?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 34
Location : Leeds, UK

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:58 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
On an unrelated note, and sorry if i'm threadcrapping, is there a definitive list of all officially-released tracks anywhere on here or elsewhere? I'm sure i've got 95%+ of the stuff, but wondered if i'd missed some b-sides, etc.

check out

http://www.gaslightanthem.org/discs.htm
http://www.gaslightanthem.org/discsmercury.htm
Superb. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 am

I really wish they'd recorded an acoustic version of HCMM for this EP. It would have fit better than the regular version and it's soooo good as an acoustic song. On my itunes I swapped out the regular version for the rip I have of the radio 1 version.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 22
Location : Isla Vista - A Well-Known Den of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:56 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I really wish they'd recorded an acoustic version of HCMM for this EP. It would have fit better than the regular version and it's soooo good as an acoustic song. On my itunes I swapped out the regular version for the rip I have of the radio 1 version.

that's cheating. how dare you Wink
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:34 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I really wish they'd recorded an acoustic version of HCMM for this EP. It would have fit better than the regular version and it's soooo good as an acoustic song. On my itunes I swapped out the regular version for the rip I have of the radio 1 version.

I agree.

What do you use to ri[p audio from videos. replay media catcher asks you to pay for it. Are there any free ones?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6668
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 am

Misery - Definitely the best song on this EP (not counting HCMM). Didn't strike me as anything brilliant by Brian's standards but it's a well crafted song and I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Skinny love (Bon Iver cover) - God damn it Brian. Stop screwing around. Keep it simple, and stop trying to treat every song like you're Vince Neil, you don't HAVE to break out those ball busting notes all the time.

Hold you up - I don't really know what's going on here. He's doing some weird, jazzy chord progression to a tone of voice that doesn't suit it at all.

All in all I'm pretty disappointed. They should hire me as a co-producer, I'd make their recordings better, not even joking here.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I really wish they'd recorded an acoustic version of HCMM for this EP. It would have fit better than the regular version and it's soooo good as an acoustic song. On my itunes I swapped out the regular version for the rip I have of the radio 1 version.

I agree.

What do you use to ri[p audio from videos. replay media catcher asks you to pay for it. Are there any free ones?

I don't, I find/ask for other peoples' rips. A friend of mine did this one. I haven't been able to find any good free ones. I used quicktime and it was awful so I'm glad my friend came through. I know you can find some online but usually they only work for youtube videos or not at all.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6668
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Go on piratebay and download replaymusic, usually works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 43
Location : Lincolnshire

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Damn you Gaslight Anthem for making me fall in love with Elisha Cuthbert!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Misery is amazing. The rest is all right, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2009-04-05
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I really wish they'd recorded an acoustic version of HCMM for this EP. It would have fit better than the regular version and it's soooo good as an acoustic song. On my itunes I swapped out the regular version for the rip I have of the radio 1 version.

I agree.

What do you use to ri[p audio from videos. replay media catcher asks you to pay for it. Are there any free ones?

I might be a little late here..but maybe there are still some people searching for good tool to get audio files ripped from videos. Wink

This one works absolutely credible for me, and is for free too:

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-MP3-Converter.htm

EDIT: to download the videos from nearly every page I use the Firefox extension DownloadHelper ( http://www.downloadhelper.net/ ).
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 pm

thomas94 wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I really wish they'd recorded an acoustic version of HCMM for this EP. It would have fit better than the regular version and it's soooo good as an acoustic song. On my itunes I swapped out the regular version for the rip I have of the radio 1 version.

I agree.

What do you use to ri[p audio from videos. replay media catcher asks you to pay for it. Are there any free ones?

I might be a little late here..but maybe there are still some people searching for good tool to get audio files ripped from videos. Wink

This one works absolutely credible for me, and is for free too:

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-MP3-Converter.htm

Thanks man, unfortunately Im on a Mac and therefore it wont work Sad
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 6668
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 26
Location : Kingdom of the Swedes

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I really wish they'd recorded an acoustic version of HCMM for this EP. It would have fit better than the regular version and it's soooo good as an acoustic song. On my itunes I swapped out the regular version for the rip I have of the radio 1 version.

I agree.

What do you use to ri[p audio from videos. replay media catcher asks you to pay for it. Are there any free ones?

I might be a little late here..but maybe there are still some people searching for good tool to get audio files ripped from videos. Wink

This one works absolutely credible for me, and is for free too:

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-MP3-Converter.htm

Thanks man, unfortunately Im on a Mac and therefore it wont work Sad
http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/
Back to top Go down
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 38
Location : Versailles, KY

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Is everyone seriously enjoying these songs? Maybe if they were demos, or listed as Fallon solo songs, but I think these are pretty sub par.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 22
Location : Isla Vista - A Well-Known Den of Sin

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 pm

moodydan wrote:
Is everyone seriously enjoying these songs? Maybe if they were demos, or listed as Fallon solo songs, but I think these are pretty sub par.

calm down moody dan! jokes, yeah i think they could have done a better job with the recording/production process
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 pm

moodydan wrote:
Is everyone seriously enjoying these songs? Maybe if they were demos, or listed as Fallon solo songs, but I think these are pretty sub par.

It's funny you say that. I don't really view them as Gaslight songs. I kinda see them as Brian solo stuff. I actually made a playlist where I put them with Elsie. I LOVE Misery, and I enjoy the Skinny Love cover. I really like the lyrics to Hold You Up but musically it doesn't hold my attention. I can't really view them as Gaslight songs though and I can't imagine the band playing them at shows. They're along the lines of Teenage Rebellion though. Maybe Brian should of just done a solo album or THC.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 1983
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 25
Location : Columbia, Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 am

It's probably the kind of thing that would have been released as Brian solo stuff in the past but now that they're on the major label they probably want to keep names consistent. I like the songs alright though. Not great but I like them.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: temp   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
moodydan wrote:
Is everyone seriously enjoying these songs? Maybe if they were demos, or listed as Fallon solo songs, but I think these are pretty sub par.

It's funny you say that. I don't really view them as Gaslight songs. I kinda see them as Brian solo stuff. I actually made a playlist where I put them with Elsie. I LOVE Misery, and I enjoy the Skinny Love cover. I really like the lyrics to Hold You Up but musically it doesn't hold my attention. I can't really view them as Gaslight songs though and I can't imagine the band playing them at shows. They're along the lines of Teenage Rebellion though. Maybe Brian should of just done a solo album or THC.

at least with 'She Loves You'/'Tumbling Dice', the whole band was involved, even if Benny mainly got to tap his feet; I wish they had gone for the same approach here, to really make it a Gaslight Anthem release

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Misery is heartbreaking. Up there with anything Brian's written, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:51 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
moodydan wrote:
Is everyone seriously enjoying these songs? Maybe if they were demos, or listed as Fallon solo songs, but I think these are pretty sub par.

It's funny you say that. I don't really view them as Gaslight songs. I kinda see them as Brian solo stuff. I actually made a playlist where I put them with Elsie. I LOVE Misery, and I enjoy the Skinny Love cover. I really like the lyrics to Hold You Up but musically it doesn't hold my attention. I can't really view them as Gaslight songs though and I can't imagine the band playing them at shows. They're along the lines of Teenage Rebellion though. Maybe Brian should of just done a solo album or THC.

at least with 'She Loves You'/'Tumbling Dice', the whole band was involved, even if Benny mainly got to tap his feet; I wish they had gone for the same approach here, to really make it a Gaslight Anthem release

Well do we really know how involved they were? I'm just saying what it seems like, idk who's credited for what though.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl   

Back to top Go down
 
Here Come My Man EP incl. songs from Hold You Up vinyl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold
» Gerry McCann, speaking on June 3rd, 2007: "Later this year (...)" LET'S HOLD A MADELEINE DAY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD
» Revolutionary Guitar Songs
» Military Themed Songs and Videos
» Golden Old Style Love Songs V.2 @320k

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Vinyl, CDs & Trading-
Jump to: