A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1791
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Win tickets to see Gaslight Anthem and a tour merch pack!
Complete a minimum of THREE tasks from the list below for a chance to win the grand prize. The more tasks you complete, the better your chances of winning!

http://superglued.com/gaslightanthem

A very straight forward p, bit overdone promo if you ask me. But personally I don't like this kind of 'likes-fishing' promos in general ...

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
DianaAntonia
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-09-11
Age : 23
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:34 pm

I was about to enter the contest, but the I don't live in the US.
And I agree with you, I strongly dislike when you have to "like" several pages.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3004
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Didn't bother me much since I already have liked those pages, follow them on twitter, etc. Sure promo stuff is stupid but so is playing for only 100 people a night because you're "too cool" to promote yourself.

I've done a lot of stuff like this where I had to sign up to get bullshit emails from some random company and give all my contact info and stuff so I'm glad this one was less shitty.

Anyone else confused by how it mentioned "win a chance to hang with TGA" like once randomly in the midst of it all but it's not listed when they mention the "prize"? You'd think meeting them would be the biggest selling point. Also I wonder if it's tracking where people who enter are located. I don't wanna find out I won tickets for Chicago unless it includes a plane ticket, haha.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
'49mercury
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 24
Location : Monmouth County, Nj

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Anyone else wonder what the deal is with the unreleased track? Thats the reason I'm doing this since I wouldn't be able to go to any of the shows.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3004
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:17 pm

'49mercury wrote:
Anyone else wonder what the deal is with the unreleased track? Thats the reason I'm doing this since I wouldn't be able to go to any of the shows.

Oh yeah that too! This whole thing is providing very inconsistent info.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 31
Location : scottsdale, arizona

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:22 am

Yeah, the "hang with TGA" was misleading!! I of course did everything anyways lol
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1791
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:10 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Didn't bother me much since I already have liked those pages, follow them on twitter, etc. Sure promo stuff is stupid but so is playing for only 100 people a night because you're "too cool" to promote yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against promotions and I want them to be as big as possible if that's what they want. I also appreciate the fact that obviously Mercury invests in Gaslight and does a lot to support them.

I just don't think it is the right promotion for this particular band. Esp. As the 'biggest followers' anyway support them by sharing and retweeting their stuff even without being forced to do so. The only thing I really like is the charity link ...

But again this is only my opinion.

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Central Americas

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm

DianaAntonia wrote:
I strongly dislike when you have to "like" several pages.

I agree. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 3004
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 pm

enola wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Didn't bother me much since I already have liked those pages, follow them on twitter, etc. Sure promo stuff is stupid but so is playing for only 100 people a night because you're "too cool" to promote yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against promotions and I want them to be as big as possible if that's what they want. I also appreciate the fact that obviously Mercury invests in Gaslight and does a lot to support them.

I just don't think it is the right promotion for this particular band. Esp. As the 'biggest followers' anyway support them by sharing and retweeting their stuff even without being forced to do so. The only thing I really like is the charity link ...

But again this is only my opinion.

Haha, it is funny how their promotional stuff always makes you wanna go "we already do this stuff! why are you bugging us? go pull in new fans" although if we actually get cool stuff out it like tickets to another show or free merch then I'm not complaining. I really like that they included a charity one too.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Middlesbrough

PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:48 pm

gutted this isnt for UK Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem   

Back to top Go down
 
Win a chance to hang with The Gaslight Anthem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: