A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:33 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I've just never been into the super hero type movies. I saw a few of the Batman movies when I was growing up, but they were just okay. Not really my genre.

Ah, I've always loved the superhero genre since I was a kid. Not for the usual reasons little boys like superheroes, as-in the violence or super powers or whatever. I always liked the thought of helping people.

So I'm working on painting a picture frame for the 3 pins (there's 3 slots, one for each pin) and I'm not sure of the color to paint the frame. I was thinking dark blues, but my mom suggested black as a contrast to the red on the pins. Also, I want to have a quote running along either the bottom of the frame or the top (or both), saying "Every Word Handwritten". And if I do both, I need a quote for the bottom.

Any suggestions, guys?
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:05 am

Matt L wrote:
I've just never been into the super hero type movies. I saw a few of the Batman movies when I was growing up, but they were just okay. Not really my genre.

Ah, I've always loved the superhero genre since I was a kid. Not for the usual reasons little boys like superheroes, as-in the violence or super powers or whatever. I always liked the thought of helping people.

So I'm working on painting a picture frame for the 3 pins (there's 3 slots, one for each pin) and I'm not sure of the color to paint the frame. I was thinking dark blues, but my mom suggested black as a contrast to the red on the pins. Also, I want to have a quote running along either the bottom of the frame or the top (or both), saying "Every Word Handwritten". And if I do both, I need a quote for the bottom.

Any suggestions, guys?
what if the top said, "Pages plead forgiveness" and the bottom said "Every word handwritten" ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:07 am

Breanne wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Any suggestions, guys?
what if the top said, "Pages plead forgiveness" and the bottom said "Every word handwritten" ?

That'd be good. Another thing I was thinking is maybe a line from Too Much Blood? Since it's about writing?
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 am

Matt L wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Any suggestions, guys?

That'd be good. Another thing I was thinking is maybe a line from Too Much Blood? Since it's about writing?
You could definitely get some good quotes from there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:15 am

Breanne wrote:
Matt L wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Any suggestions, guys?

I hope so! Your idea is great too, but personally I want to try and fit two different songs into it! Maybe more, if I can find a way to fit words into the tiny little slots for the pins.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:20 am

Matt L wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Matt L wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Any suggestions, guys?

I hope so! Your idea is great too, but personally I want to try and fit two different songs into it! Maybe more, if I can find a way to fit words into the tiny little slots for the pins.
Yeah I gotchya! When you finish, definitely post a picture!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 am

Will do! I hope it comes out cool enough to make DSS proud Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 am

Try Me wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Hey guys. Im not usually one to knit pick lyrics too much, but....does "do I ever cross your mind, & do you ever think of me" bug anyone else on Mulholland Drive ?

I love those lines. They mean something to me, so whenever I hear them, it strikes a chord with me. I love everything about Mulholland Drive. I love you

Ya, It's still one of my favorite songs on the album. But it's like sayin'..."Do you like chineese food, & do enjoy eating chineese food".

I see what you mean. For me, when he says "do I ever cross your mind", I think of it as being more of in a fleeting way, like just a random thought. But when he says "Do you ever think of me", I take that as being more like, "do you really think about me and wonder how I'm doing, what happened between us, etc.". That's just how I take it.

That's actually what I hoped he meant. Was hoping it wasn't just lazy writing..lol

Haha, no, I highly doubt that! I hope that my interpretation is right too, because it makes those lines really meaningful.

I don't think it really matters what Brian means by it. As you know his song writing is meant to be interpreted how ever it hits you. I love bands that write that way.

ME TOO! One of my favorite things about Gaslight's music is that I can relate to every song in some way, some so closely they could have been written about me or my life, and other people might feel the same for different reasons. I think Brian just gets it. He gets how people feel and the crap that we all go through, and he uses his own stories to create these amazing songs that we can all relate to, because we've all been there. I can't think of any other songwriter who does that as well as Brian does.

I'm just going to go ahead and add...

"Stay the same don't ever change"

"I never will forget you my American love.
And I'll always remember you, wild as they come."

I agree with the thoughts on the Mulholland line and the National Anthem one can be perceived as "I won't forget you or these details about you", but the line from Mae is pretty redundant haha.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 am

My first gaslight concert, 7 days from now!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 am

Damn dude, you're gonna have a blast.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 am

Harbortown wrote:
Damn dude, you're gonna have a blast.

I'll have blast for three days long. Check this awesome line-up :p
http://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/line-up/all-acts/lineup
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:23 am

I'm deciding whether to join the twitter community or not.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:16 pm

http://www.fina.org/H2O/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=336&Itemid=1192

guess who is going there next year?
ME. High Five

Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 pm

My first time posting in Spam! Figured I'd join in now that I'm "A Contender." I haven't been able to focus on work since the fall tour went on sale.

HorribleCrowe wrote:
I'm deciding whether to join the twitter community or not.
I finally joined Twitter last month and I'm already bored with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Welcome, newbie, to your nightmare.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Matt L wrote:
LOL, you might be right! Luckily I have a lot of experience with nightmares. I'm sticking around!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Matt L wrote:

Ahahaha.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:45 pm

SubconsciousRitual wrote:
Matt L wrote:
LOL, you might be right! Luckily I have a lot of experience with nightmares. I'm sticking around!

wave Welcome to spam! It's so quiet here today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 pm

That's because everyone's off to war in that Rolling Stones Q&A thread!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:47 pm

I've been to more wars on this forum than in my personal life.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Your post in that thread was the best one, Matt. I'm trying really hard not to fight with people, but they are making me mad! Evil or Very Mad I think we could all learn a lot from your attitude. Seriously, at 17 you are more mature than most of the people around here.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
I've been to more wars on this forum than in my personal life.

I wish I could say that! Sad

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Awh....best friends........the two best show business people in the entire world. Such lovable bros!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Jared Padalecki will always be Dean from Gilmore Girls and I HATED him. He wasn't good enough for Rory and he was just blech. He will never shake that image. No
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Your post in that thread was the best one, Matt. I'm trying really hard not to fight with people, but they are making me mad! Evil or Very Mad I think we could all learn a lot from your attitude. Seriously, at 17 you are more mature than most of the people around here.
Excuse me, but, what?

You high fived Steph for a post in which she said people were "fucking ridiculous" for feeling differently. How's that for maturity?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next