A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Harbortown wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Your post in that thread was the best one, Matt. I'm trying really hard not to fight with people, but they are making me mad! Evil or Very Mad I think we could all learn a lot from your attitude. Seriously, at 17 you are more mature than most of the people around here.
Excuse me, but, what?

You high fived Steph for a post in which she said people were "fucking ridiculous" for feeling differently. How's that for maturity?

i don't think people are fucking ridiculous for disagreeing with me, but for whining about a musician making some offhanded comment about certain fans. just lately this place is so antagonistic and everyone takes every little word out of Brians' mouth as something to dissect and analyze.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Can we not do this in spam? There's already a thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

steph wrote:
everyone takes every little word out of Brians' mouth as something to dissect and analyze.

"Brian likes Coca-Cola, huh? I GUESS THAT MEANS THAT HE HATES ALL PEOPLE WHO LIKE PEPSI?"

Also, please don't turn this thread into an argument too. If necessary, I will tell anecdotes from my daily life, which I'm sure you guys all love.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:
everyone takes every little word out of Brians' mouth as something to dissect and analyze.

"Brian likes Coca-Cola, huh? I GUESS THAT MEANS THAT HE HATES ALL PEOPLE WHO LIKE PEPSI?"

Also, please don't turn this thread into an argument too. If necessary, I will tell anecdotes from my daily life, which I'm sure you guys all love.

Ahahah. Anecdotes please!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:

well, to be fair, people who prefer Pepsi over Coke are kinda stupid Razz
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 pm

steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Your post in that thread was the best one, Matt. I'm trying really hard not to fight with people, but they are making me mad! Evil or Very Mad I think we could all learn a lot from your attitude. Seriously, at 17 you are more mature than most of the people around here.
Excuse me, but, what?

You high fived Steph for a post in which she said people were "fucking ridiculous" for feeling differently. How's that for maturity?

i don't think people are fucking ridiculous for disagreeing with me, but for whining about a musician making some offhanded comment about certain fans. just lately this place is so antagonistic and everyone takes every little word out of Brians' mouth as something to dissect and analyze.

Hold up! This place has been antagonistic since I have gotten here even toward its own members of the forum. If someone doesn't like something else someone says they throw a temper tantrum about it. This goes out to my boy Shawn. You will always and forever be in my heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Camus wrote:
Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:

I'm trying to think of a bunch of stories without telling the really awful embarrassing ones...

This local band in my school once refused to sell me their EP because I had "disrespected" the band and "didn't deserve it." Feeling a tiny bit spiteful, I wrote a song about it. They were not amused. It was a pretty cool song, too. I don't remember it all but it began:
"Don't buy our music, you don't deserve it.
A refusal of service, this right we reserve it." I thought that was a cool rhyme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:16 pm

steph wrote:
Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:

True, true.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 pm

steph wrote:
So far I've agreed with all your points.

This place seems a little crazy, but I assume you're all cool because you like The Gaslight Anthem. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Matt L wrote:
Camus wrote:
Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:

I'm trying to think of a bunch of stories without telling the really awful embarrassing ones...

This local band in my school once refused to sell me their EP because I had "disrespected" the band and "didn't deserve it." Feeling a tiny bit spiteful, I wrote a song about it. They were not amused. It was a pretty cool song, too. I don't remember it all but it began:
A refusal of service, this right we reserve it." I thought that was a cool rhyme.

Razz what exactly did you do to "disrespect" them?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:18 pm

SubconsciousRitual wrote:
steph wrote:

This place seems a little crazy, but I assume you're all cool because you like The Gaslight Anthem. Very Happy

Razz High Five let's see how long we can keep this streak of agreeing w/ each other going! cheers
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:19 pm

steph wrote:
steph wrote:

Razz High Five let's see how long we can keep this streak of agreeing w/ each other going! cheers
No, let's not. That's dumb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:24 pm

steph wrote:
Matt L wrote:
Camus wrote:
Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:

The band itself is a bit of a running joke in our school. A lot of people are really cruel about it, but I tend to just make passing jokes about the band. I actually supported them a lot until they did this, filming a bunch of their performances and creating a very popular (in my school) video of me asking a bunch of people for their feelings about the band (admittedly, it was a comedic video, but they were laughing with me instead of me at them)
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:

it's dumb...to see if we happen to keep agreeing on different topics when they come up in discussion? scratch
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:

The band itself is a bit of a running joke in our school. A lot of people are really cruel about it, but I tend to just make passing jokes about the band. I actually supported them a lot until they did this, filming a bunch of their performances and creating a very popular (in my school) video of me asking a bunch of people for their feelings about the band (admittedly, it was a comedic video, but they were laughing with me instead of me at them)

oh, high school... Razz sounds like you saved yourself the money that would have been spent on their crappy music!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Excuse me, but, what?

I said I think WE could learn a lot from your attitude. I was including myself in that. I hate getting caught up in the fighting, but it still happens time and time again. We all need to grow up here. I spend my days telling kids not to fight and teaching them how to work through things peacefully WITH THEIR WORDS and I try to do that, but I fail sometimes. It's a lesson I am learning along with the kids.

But that doesn't change the fact that I agree with Steph 100% on that topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:29 pm

steph wrote:
Matt L wrote:
steph wrote:

oh, high school... Razz sounds like you saved yourself the money that would have been spent on their crappy music!

They ended up giving the CD to me anyway after they calmed down and realized I was not a threat to their "fame". It wasn't awful, but I don't think they're going anywhere out of this county Razz
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:29 pm

steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:

it's dumb...to see if we happen to keep agreeing on different topics when they come up in discussion? scratch
the joke

-----------

your head
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:

the joke

-----------

your head

your "joke" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- actual jokes
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Matt L wrote:
I think we need more anecdotes.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:

the joke

-----------

your head

Wait... I think I get this one...
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:33 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Excuse me, but, what?

Hold up! This place has been antagonistic since I have gotten here even toward its own members of the forum. If someone doesn't like something else someone says they throw a temper tantrum about it. This goes out to my boy Shawn. You will always and forever be in my heart.

Chea! Ya, there was no tension or any type of arguments last night. I've learned to just stay out of here when certain members are on.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Camus wrote:

Razz it's a good thing you're pretty!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:35 pm

steph wrote:
Camus wrote:

Razz it's a good thing you're pretty!

Is this a joke too? scratch Razz
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Try Me wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Excuse me, but, what?

Chea! Ya, there was no tension or any type of arguments last night. I've learned to just stay out of here when certain members are on.

Amen to that brother, amen to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next