A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:42 am

Shoot the realistic guy.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:42 am

Try Me wrote:
I love the album (for the record). I'm also speaking from an unbiased perspective when I look at it from a critics point of view. As long as ya'll love it, that's all that matters right ?

Yes sir!!! Haha, I wasn't pissed at you. I was just joking around.

But does anyone know where I can find the pic at 1:34? It is so frickin badass!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:43 am

Try Me wrote:
Shoot the realistic guy.

Hey, everything's subjective. The only objective truth about music is that Nickelback is awful, but Blood on the Dance Floor is even worse.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:49 am

Matt L wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Shoot the realistic guy.

Hey, everything's subjective. The only objective truth about music is that Nickelback is awful, but Blood on the Dance Floor is even worse.

I'm all for that. At some point common sense has to factor in as well though. This is a bad example as Handwritten is a great album, but here I go.....If you say The Twilight Series is better than the Godfather series you're just wrong. What one likes, doesn't mean that it's better than the next. Quality isn't 100% subjective. These things can be broke down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:55 am

Try Me wrote:
Matt L wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Shoot the realistic guy.

I'm all for that. At some point common sense has to factor in as well though. This is a bad example as Handwritten is a great album, but here I go.....If you say The Twilight Series is better than the Godfather series you're just wrong. What one likes, doesn't mean that it's better than the next. Quality isn't 100% subjective. These things can be broke down.

This is definitely true, but an unfair comparison, as the Twilight series is structurally bad, simply by film standards, while Godfather is really great by film standards. Their popularity means nothing. However, Handwritten, as you said, is a great album, so, when compared to other great albums, it becomes more subjective than objective.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 am

There's no such thing as "good" or "bad."

Having said that, if you ever mention the Godfather in the same sentence as that teenage fantasy series again, I will be upset.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 am

Matt L wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Matt L wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Shoot the realistic guy.

This is definitely true, but an unfair comparison, as the Twilight series is structurally bad, simply by film standards, while Godfather is really great by film standards. Their popularity means nothing. However, Handwritten, as you said, is a great album, so, when compared to other great albums, it becomes more subjective than objective.

Agreed. So basically, things need to meet a certain standard before it's respectfully subjective.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:59 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
There's no such thing as "good" or "bad."

Having said that, if you ever mention the Godfather in the same sentence as that teenage fantasy series again, I will be upset.

We don't want to admit this to ourselves, because we like to think we're above being judgemental. Be honest though. You know when something is bad...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:01 am

But it's not bad to someone else.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 am

I am leaving the conversation because I am going to bed. Good night guys!
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:26 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I am leaving the conversation because I am going to bed. Good night guys!

Goodnight! Wink

HELLO everybody else.. I'm back on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:53 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
But it's not bad to someone else.

But that doesn't change the fact that it is objectionably bad.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Hey Chris, what did your removed comment on that horribly stupid "review" say?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

Won't post there here. It wasn't even bad. Now, I am starting to get pretty R-Rated. I am Thomas Jefferson. Smile
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Dammit....all I get is one sentence. I hope I didn't make him cry. After he responded with a 5 page long essay to my other replies all I get is ONE sentence. I think I might have struck a string with my last comment. I hope I didn't make him cry Sad

Last edited by saltandburn1967 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Won't post there here. It wasn't even bad. Now, I am starting to get pretty R-Rated. I am Thomas Jefferson. Smile

Aw man! PM it to me! Honestly there is nothing that could be bad enough to come back at that guy with. Haha, why Thomas Jefferson? Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Dammit....all I get is one sentence. I hope I didn't make him cry. After he responded with a 5 page long essay to my other replies all I get is ONE sentence. I think I might have struck a string with my last comment. I hope I didn't make him cry Sad

You hope you didn't make who cry?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:41 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Aw man! PM it to me! Honestly there is nothing that could be bad enough to come back at that guy with. Haha, why Thomas Jefferson? Razz

Cause, who else is worst to get offended by other than Tom?

It is at the bottom of here.

http://somedaysthethundergetsyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten.html?m=1
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:41 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Mr. I Hate Life Blogger
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:46 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Mr. I Hate Life Blogger

I just saw your comments. Shocked Very deserved though! That guy...I think he is a bitter, angry, jealous man, and he totally seemed to have it out for Brian. I'm glad you said what you said! You shouldn't care if he cried. What he wrote was awful! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Mr. I Hate Life Blogger

I just saw your comments. Shocked Very deserved though! That guy...I think he is a bitter, angry, jealous man, and he totally seemed to have it out for Brian. I'm glad you said what you said! You shouldn't care if he cried. What he wrote was awful! Evil or Very Mad

Haha, I don't feel bad at all. Some of the shit he wrote back to me before my last reply seriously creeped me out. I really think you have to have some sort of mental or psychological disorder to think up some of the stuff he was saying. I don't think I was very far off from the truth in my last reply since he didn't come back with some smart/long comment back.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:55 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Mr. I Hate Life Blogger

Haha, I don't feel bad at all. Some of the shit he wrote back to me before my last reply seriously creeped me out. I really think you have to have some sort of mental or psychological disorder to think up some of the stuff he was saying. I don't think I was very far off from the truth in my last reply since he didn't come back with some smart/long comment back.

Oh yeah, I agree completely. This guy really did seem sick. And when he didn't fire back after your last comment, you must have hit a nerve. CREEPY! I can't believe he actually wrote a review like that. I hope Brian and the rest of the guys never see it. Sad
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:58 pm

HUZZAH!!!! Well, I'll be back soon. I need to do the beginning of Month 2 Fit Test for Insanity. Need to see if my results have improved since the last time I took the fit test. Be right back!!!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Talk to you later, Chris! wave
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Chris, that was hilarious!