A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:04 am

I have been listening to Blue Dahlia as a finale myself. That bridge makes me into a dreamy state of mind. I love that song.

Also, Doctor called me today and it turned out I didn't have what they thought I had so I am back on the saddle again.(aerosmith) Had a couple beers and a shot of Brandy. The Brandy was from a friend on my birthday but we thought I couldn't drink it so we drank it before we went into the bar.

Why are you in a good mood?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:07 am

Blue Dahlia is too fast to end the album with at bedtime, so I play it first and then end with National Anthem. I am so in love with this album!

that's fantastic that you aren't sick like the doctors thought! Just don't go overboard on the drinking though, okay? It sounds like you had a fun night! Very Happy

I just am. I don't know, I just feel like I'm finally myself again after all the stress I've been under for the last several years. It feels good!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:10 am

I can see where you are coming with with Blue Dahlia being too fast to end the night with. Honestly, after I finish Handwritten I usually get crazy and listen to the rest of their slow songs. I usually end the night with either Blue Jeans, She Loves You, We Did it When We Were Young, or Here's Looking at You Kid. Their slow songs are so awesome. They really are a band with so many different unique sounds to them. None of their songs sound a like I don't think.

Yeah, thank goodness, was going to be hard to stay off the booze. I figured I will just drink on weekends from now on. Once school starts up that is the only time I will have to drink.

THAT IS AWESOME!!! YAY FOR SHANNON.

Look we are getting along finally again. No zingers at one another. Like old times!!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:11 am

Whoa, all of a sudden there's a bunch of people on. A few minute ago I was the only one!

That's crazy that Howl is already that high on your iTunes list! Mine is a bit off because when I got the deluxe CD and imported that, I deleted the standard CD so there wouldn't be dupicates, and that put my listens back at zero. 45 is #3 though with 97 plays. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:12 am

Oh, now you guys show up.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:13 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Whoa, all of a sudden there's a bunch of people on. A few minute ago I was the only one!

That's crazy that Howl is already that high on your iTunes list! Mine is a bit off because when I got the deluxe CD and imported that, I deleted the standard CD so there wouldn't be dupicates, and that put my listens back at zero. 45 is #3 though with 97 plays. Very Happy

Woa, that is just crazy. I see Handwritten overtaking me top 25 songs very soon. The invasion is soon!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:19 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
I can see where you are coming with with Blue Dahlia being too fast to end the night with. Honestly, after I finish Handwritten I usually get crazy and listen to the rest of their slow songs. I usually end the night with either Blue Jeans, She Loves You, We Did it When We Were Young, or Here's Looking at You Kid. Their slow songs are so awesome. They really are a band with so many different unique sounds to them. None of their songs sound a like I don't think.

Yeah, thank goodness, was going to be hard to stay off the booze. I figured I will just drink on weekends from now on. Once school starts up that is the only time I will have to drink.

Look we are getting along finally again. No zingers at one another. Like old times!!!!

Hug We always got along. Just not always like this. Razz I don't mind zingers.

That's kind of what I've been doing with the booze. If I have to work the next day, it's off limits, and that's fine. I'm glad you're okay though!

You're right, they do have some of the best slow songs ever. She Loves You is a masterpiece. They all are, but that's one of my favorites. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:22 am

Happy Shannon = more care-free/vulnerable to lose her SPAM throne. Get your happy on love. Just don't come cryin' to the Emperor when you gotta make your own sandwiches again.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:22 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Hug We always got along. Just not always like this. Razz I don't mind zingers.

That's kind of what I've been doing with the booze. If I have to work the next day, it's off limits, and that's fine. I'm glad you're okay though!

You're right, they do have some of the best slow songs ever. She Loves You is a masterpiece. They all are, but that's one of my favorites. Very Happy

GOOD!!!!!!!!!

I like She Loves You a lot but I think Here's Looking at You Kid is a masterpiece and like it more. It is my favorite song by them. It was the song where I said, "This band is special and going to be an important part of my life" The song just hit home with me on so many levels. I love how he goes from Childhood crushes to adult romances and being stood up. It is the song where I said, "brian fallon and I are just like eachother and everyone goes through this all". The song is so beautiful. I don't get how more people don't know about them but I see such a great future for these men in the future.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Woa, that is just crazy. I see Handwritten overtaking me top 25 songs very soon. The invasion is soon!

A Handwritten invasion! I love it! cheers Before the end of the month, my top 12 will probably be the whole album. Razz
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:

A Handwritten invasion! I love it! cheers Before the end of the month, my top 12 will probably be the whole album. Razz

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:29 am

Try Me wrote:
Happy Shannon = more care-free/vulnerable to lose her SPAM throne. Get your happy on love. Just don't come cryin' to the Emperor when you gotta make your own sandwiches again.

Frying Pan I never let my guard down!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:31 am

I'm totally amazed at all the publicity the band's received since release!

Anyway, what are you guys doing up?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:32 am

Matt L wrote:

Please tell me more about this publicity? I have seen numerous articles about them in different newspapers. What have you seen? I am so happy, that for once, a band that deserves to be recognized is finally being recognized.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:36 am

You guys are overrating this album a bit.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:37 am

Try Me wrote:

Oh my God!! Crosby Stan....HOW could YOU?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Try Me wrote:

AND YOU ARE UNDERRATING IT.
Back to top Go down

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Please tell me more about this publicity? I have seen numerous articles about them in different newspapers. What have you seen? I am so happy, that for once, a band that deserves to be recognized is finally being recognized.

I've seen ads everywhere on all the websites I visit, and I'm not talking like the standard fare websites that they'd normally be on. They're on video game sites, Youtube, Spotify, they're even on another forum I frequent that has nothing to do with music!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:38 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Try Me wrote:

HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:38 am

I don't think anyone's overrating anything. If Chris and Shannon say Handwritten is the best album they've ever heard, they've rated it exactly as it should be rated.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:40 am

Hey Matt!

I am an insomniac and have been too wired to go to sleep, but I'm going to try to get some sleep. I like being a night owl like this though. Who knows, if I can't sleep I'll probably be back. But for right now, I'm going to try to sleep. Goodnight boys! wave
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:40 am

I love the album (for the record). I'm also speaking from an unbiased perspective when I look at it from a critics point of view. As long as ya'll love it, that's all that matters right ?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:41 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Try Me wrote:

HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!

High Five Clap
Back to top Go down

Good luck getting to sleep!

I've had maybe 15 Cokes today, so there's no sleeping in store for me. Last day of theater meant celebrations, and celebrations meant Coca-cola.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Matt L wrote:
I don't think anyone's overrating anything. If Chris and Shannon say Handwritten is the best album they've ever heard, they've rated it exactly as it should be rated.

Matt comes in for the save. Thanks Buddy!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next