A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:09 am

Goodnight Ilaria! wave
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:10 am

Try Me wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Try Me wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Try Me wrote:
Don' t get mad, but I can't stand how Bob Dylan sings.

Haha, I won't get mad! His voice is an acquired taste. I absolutely love him though. His songs are poetry in motion. I think of his music as being so epically global, it's always relevant, always beautiful, and always makes me feel like I can do something important out in the world, Especially his songs from the 60s. I'm basically a hippie chick born a generation or so too late. flower

You're a HIPSTER! Nah...Dylan is a amazing song writer. I just can't handle his delivery. My loss....

NO! Not a hipster. Like a little bit of a hippie. You know the TV show Friends? I am about 75% Monica and 25 % Phoebe. Razz

Hahahaha well said. I'm about 90% Joey, with a dash of Chandler.

How you doin'? Wink

Lol. I'm positive you can rip from a DVR btw. I've downloaded DVR rips before.

Do you have any clue how to do it?

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 am

Shelby, I love Billy Joel! SO MANY GOOD SONGS! Only the Good Die Young is probably my favorite. And I don't know why, but I have never really listened to Pearl Jam. I need to seriously listen to their music so I can get an opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 am

Haha nah. I woulda told you how, if I knew. How hard have you been looking ? There has to be a youtube clip or something explaining how. Hol' up....
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:18 am

Shannon, I grew up on Billy Joel. He was my first concert at age 7! I used to carry around a cassette player 24/7 listening to him. I wanted to learn to play the piano because of him. That never happened haha. Pearl Jam is totally worth giving a serious listen. I was a casual fan (as in I had one album, Ten, and heard them A LOT on the radio as a kid) until recently. Now I'm getting back into them and I'm addicted.

Shawn (I got that right, right?), I've been looking for ages, some things I found might work but I have to buy programs for them and I don't wanna do that if I don't know that it'll work.

Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:22 am

Shannon, I grew up on Billy Joel. He was my first concert at age 7! I used to carry around a cassette player 24/7 listening to him. I wanted to learn to play the piano because of him. That never happened haha. Pearl Jam is totally worth giving a serious listen. I was a casual fan (as in I had one album, Ten, and heard them A LOT on the radio as a kid) until recently. Now I'm getting back into them and I'm addicted.

Shawn (I got that right, right?), I've been looking for ages, some things I found might work but I have to buy programs for them and I don't wanna do that if I don't know that it'll work.

Ya, Shawn. I just checked it out as well. Seems like you need some kinda fancy video card or somethin'.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:25 am

Try Me wrote:

Ya, Shawn. I just checked it out as well. Seems like you need some kinda fancy video card or somethin'.

Yeah I saw stuff on video card, screen recording software (this could all be solved if I had a newer mac operating system!), all kinds of stuff. I'm determined to figure this out. I can't leave that thing on my DVR forever! Thanks for trying!

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 am

Shelby, I didn't really start listening to Billy Joel until I was a teenager, but he's amazing. I have always wanted to play the piano but never learned either! I can play a tiny bit, but not much. And I love that you're so young but you still had a cassette player! #nostalgia
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 am

Try Me wrote:

Yeah I saw stuff on video card, screen recording software (this could all be solved if I had a newer mac operating system!), all kinds of stuff. I'm determined to figure this out. I can't leave that thing on my DVR forever! Thanks for trying!

Well then here's what you do Stiches. Play the show on your DVR. Turn the volume up higher than usual. Stand back, record the event with your phone (no shaky hands). Up the video to your computer afterwards. The quality should be prestine.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:38 am

Try Me wrote:
Try Me wrote:

Well then here's what you do Stiches. Play the show on your DVR. Turn the volume up higher than usual. Stand back, record the event with your phone (no shaky hands). Up the video to your computer afterwards. The quality should be prestine.

Haha, I probably will. I also might hook up my vcr to try and record it and then get the tape transfered to dvd. but itll be worse quality.
also an hour is a long time to stand still!

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:41 am

Shelby, I didn't really start listening to Billy Joel until I was a teenager, but he's amazing. I have always wanted to play the piano but never learned either! I can play a tiny bit, but not much. And I love that you're so young but you still had a cassette player! #nostalgia

Haha CDs were foreign to me back in 1997. The car played cassettes so that's what we had.

Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 am

Haha you better not do that! The quality will be brutal. I figured you'd realize I was jokin'. But ya, unless you wanna spend the $ for a sexy new video card/software or whatever it is you need, your best bet is probably to record it with your vcr. Why do you wanna rip it so bad ? Why can't you just watch it on your TV ?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 am

Try Me wrote:
Haha you better not do that! The quality will be brutal. I figured you'd realize I was jokin'. But ya, unless you wanna spend the $ for a sexy new video card/software or whatever it is you need, your best bet is probably to record it with your vcr. Why do you wanna rip it so bad ? Why can't you just watch it on your TV ?

Haha you may have been joking but i'm desperate! It takes up space and when I move out in a week I wont be able to watch it Sad

Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:58 am

You have a dilemma on your hands my fren.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:03 am

Haha, I have a tech savvy friend who just wrote me a bunch of jibberish about it. I've asked him to translate so I'm hoping that will help!

I'm off to bed though! Night!

Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:06 am

Haha good luck with that. I'm gonna get outta here too. Take it easy..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:19 am

Hey Cros.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:46 am

Looking up Keepsake lyrics tonight, look how terrible this is...

http://www.elyrics.net/read/g/gaslight-anthem-lyrics/keepsake-lyrics.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 am

Yozzy wrote:
Looking up Keepsake lyrics tonight, look how terrible this is...

http://www.elyrics.net/read/g/gaslight-anthem-lyrics/keepsake-lyrics.html

I've been practicing covers of the songs and I keep finding this one transcription of the lyrics and each time I can't help but giggle.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:53 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Sometimes people get distracted (especially if they're married with kids or have a ridiculously busy job). But when people I know for a fact don't have those kinda demands on them do it, I don't get it.

Exactly! That's when I feel like they must just not want to talk to ME. And I don't mean that to sound egocentric, it's just how I feel in that moment.

According to someone I was talking to today, it is what that means. But it doesn't mean you're a bore. It means they're self centered and a shitty friend. So that's the final verdict then. If you're gonna drop an epic email conversation in the middle, then you look like an asshole.

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:56 am

SHANNON!!!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:59 am

CHRIS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:59 am

I am BORED. Listening to Handwritten a time before I go to bed. It has become a nightly thing. Just got back from the bars a little while ago.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:00 am

Howl is already my number 3 on my top 25 itunes listens with 100 times. OH MY!!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:01 am

I have been listening to Handwritten every night too! National Anthem is a good way to end the day. Very Happy

I thought you weren't drinking anymore. What did you have?

It is so late here and I can't sleep and I don't even care because I'm in a good mood. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next