A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
matkins
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Hello!    Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 am

After lurking for awhile, I thought I should register. Been listening to the guys since early 2008. It had been about 15 years since I first heard a band that affected me like TGA. They immediately went right up to my top 3 favorite bands and never left (REM and The Cure being the other 2). Like so many of you, I find it nearly impossible to put into words how much I admire, respect, and just love their music. Never had the opportunity to meet them. Living in the Southern US, I feel that I sometimes miss some of the Jersey references, though! Embarassed We also don't get the chance to see them nearly as much as you lucky folks in the north!

Looking forward to joining you guys! Super impressed with everything I have been reading and your dedication and love for the band. Very Happy

Marla
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:35 am

Hi Marla,

Yeah, you chose a good forum to join. As Mr. Fallon says, "It's a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people." Smile

Oh, and yes there's a bunch of dedicated folks on here... or crazy folks. One of the two. scratch
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 am

Hi Marla, I'm Shannon. Welcome to the forum! Smile There are so many terrific people around here (dedicated and crazy like Konrad said!) and we have a lot of fun.

If you don't mind my asking, what part of the South do you live in? I live in VA and Gaslight never plays near my town. Someday I hope they do though!
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:36 am

Hi Marla! I'm Beth and I just joined here last week. It's great to have people to talk TGA with!

I live in the north but have only seen them once (last week). I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them more!
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:17 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Hi Marla, I'm Shannon. Welcome to the forum! Smile There are so many terrific people around here (dedicated and crazy like Konrad said!) and we have a lot of fun.

If you don't mind my asking, what part of the South do you live in? I live in VA and Gaslight never plays near my town. Someday I hope they do though!

Thanks! I'm in Georgia. I was able to see them in 2009 and 2010, so we are way overdue for an Atlanta show!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Marla!

Welcome! I've been to Georgia a couple times (mostly driving through) but it's a wonderful state from what I've seen. You southern peeps are really nice too (it's almost unnerving for someone who lives in the NY-NJ-CT tri-state area).

If you want to get the Jersey references, the easiest way is to do two things. 1) Go to Asbury Park 2) ask Jersey people haha. Then you can be like me who gets (almost) all the references but feels weird about it b/c I'm not from Jersey.

I'm like "yeah Cookman! I've seen that sign a ton of times...but I don't live there" *hides face*.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello!    

Back to top Go down

Hello!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: