A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:37 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Gymnastics is the best Olympic sport. It just is.

I like the gymnastics that is going on right now. Wink

Frying Pan stop being such a gross boy! Razz

I feel mega gross now. I didn't know all these girls were 16 and 17. I think I am just going to go hide in a corner now.

lol! Just think of them as children now and you'll be fine. But yeah, these girls are really young! I remember in 1996 Dominique Moceanue (spelling?) was only 13! We were the same age and that just floored me. I think they bumped the age requirements up after that year though. She was an amazing gymnast.

That is just crazy!!!! They should bump the age requirement up just so I can't get tricked by all them. Haha, that 16 year old Mckalya girl looked sorta like that one ex of mine that I always talked about but she had red hair. I was like what in the world.....crazy that they are 4 or 5 years different in age.

Haha, by the time these girls are your age, they are considered elderly and usually forced to retire! Razz When they first come up to each event, their age is listed next to their name. Before you get any ideas, check the number! That's so weird that the one gymnast looks so much like your ex. No wonder you noticed her!

She haunts me. She is a ghost of my past. Now she appears as a 16 year old gymnist in the olympics.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:38 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Chris you are a weirdo Razz haha jk

Shannon that has to be so weird and tough to have family moving so far away! I'm sorry for that sad situation. It's great how music can help though isn't it! I am still obsessed with this album. I think about listening to it when I'm listening to it haha. I listen to it 6 times a day on the days i work because of my long train rides. it's sooo good.

I have been meaning to ask you. What is your job? Haha, I always wonder every time you bring it up.

Haha, that answer changes on a monthly basis. The one I'm refering to here is I'm interning in NYC for 4th Row Films. They're an indie film production company. It has it's moments but it's not as cool as it sounds. But yeah. 2 hour train ride in (local train), hour and a half back (express). So plenty of time to listen to this album!

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Rolling Eyes The girl who's doing the vault right now is 16. 16! Behave yourself future police officer.

Gymnastics is an incredible sport. Most people don't realize how hard these girls train and how strong they have to be. There's an art to it also. Pretty cool. Cool

Ugh, that girl didn't look 16. Why do they have to look so much older than they actually are. Now I feel like a weirdo.

You're not a weirdo. I think we've all seen someone who we thought was really good-looking, but they were way too young and we didn't realize it. I'm guilty of that! There are two coaches for my girls' (the ones I work with) swim team that are way too young for me, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice them. Embarassed They're in college though, so at least they're legal! Razz

Haha true that. Not to mention, girls mature look wise a lot quicker than us guys. Girls love swimmers I have noticed. This craze didn't start happening till a couple years ago. Explain Shannon.

Girls mature faster than boys in every way! Sometimes boys don't grow up at all! Rolling Eyes

Ahh, swimmers. I love you I don't really know what it is. They're usually tall and strong, but not overly muscular. That's good. For these specific swimmers that I was mentioning, they are what I just described, plus they have tattoos (neck tattoos!)and are great with the kids. But they're just kids themselves (that's what I tell myself because they are YOUNG).
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Shannon that has to be so weird and tough to have family moving so far away! I'm sorry for that sad situation. It's great how music can help though isn't it! I am still obsessed with this album. I think about listening to it when I'm listening to it haha. I listen to it 6 times a day on the days i work because of my long train rides. it's sooo good.

I have been meaning to ask you. What is your job? Haha, I always wonder every time you bring it up.

Haha, that answer changes on a monthly basis. The one I'm refering to here is I'm interning in NYC for 4th Row Films. They're an indie film production company. It has it's moments but it's not as cool as it sounds. But yeah. 2 hour train ride in (local train), hour and a half back (express). So plenty of time to listen to this album!

At least you get to listen to the best album EVER a lot. Why aren't you getting paid for this job? How are you making a living in NYC if you ain't getting the moolah?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Frying Pan stop being such a gross boy! Razz

I feel mega gross now. I didn't know all these girls were 16 and 17. I think I am just going to go hide in a corner now.

lol! Just think of them as children now and you'll be fine. But yeah, these girls are really young! I remember in 1996 Dominique Moceanue (spelling?) was only 13! We were the same age and that just floored me. I think they bumped the age requirements up after that year though. She was an amazing gymnast.

That is just crazy!!!! They should bump the age requirement up just so I can't get tricked by all them. Haha, that 16 year old Mckalya girl looked sorta like that one ex of mine that I always talked about but she had red hair. I was like what in the world.....crazy that they are 4 or 5 years different in age.

Haha, by the time these girls are your age, they are considered elderly and usually forced to retire! Razz When they first come up to each event, their age is listed next to their name. Before you get any ideas, check the number! That's so weird that the one gymnast looks so much like your ex. No wonder you noticed her!

She haunts me. She is a ghost of my past. Now she appears as a 16 year old gymnist in the olympics.

She's like the ghosts Brian sings about. We all have those ghosts. They just don't usually show up in the Olympics! Wink
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:41 pm

I listen to it at least that much too! I'm so glad I'm not the only obsessive one. I have it playing pretty much whenever I'm on my computer (not right now because of the Olympics though) and then in the car, and I have listened to the vinyl several times, so yeah, I just can't get enough of Handwritten!

Awm thanks, Shelby. It is tough because I love those kids like they're my own, and it's weird that they aren't here anymore. I feel like something is missing from my life, but it hasn't really hit me yet that they're gone. I'm afraid of how hard it will be when the impact of them leaving really sinks in.

I NEED to go dig out my family's record player, fix it/get some missing speakers and/or amp for it and then listen to that pretty blue record sitting in my room collecting dust.

That sounds like it'll be a werid adjustment. Do you have good methods for staying in touch at least? Skype can be a wonderful thing.

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Rolling Eyes The girl who's doing the vault right now is 16. 16! Behave yourself future police officer.

Gymnastics is an incredible sport. Most people don't realize how hard these girls train and how strong they have to be. There's an art to it also. Pretty cool. Cool

Ugh, that girl didn't look 16. Why do they have to look so much older than they actually are. Now I feel like a weirdo.

You're not a weirdo. I think we've all seen someone who we thought was really good-looking, but they were way too young and we didn't realize it. I'm guilty of that! There are two coaches for my girls' (the ones I work with) swim team that are way too young for me, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice them. Embarassed They're in college though, so at least they're legal! Razz

Haha true that. Not to mention, girls mature look wise a lot quicker than us guys. Girls love swimmers I have noticed. This craze didn't start happening till a couple years ago. Explain Shannon.

Girls mature faster than boys in every way! Sometimes boys don't grow up at all! Rolling Eyes

Ahh, swimmers. I love you I don't really know what it is. They're usually tall and strong, but not overly muscular. That's good. For these specific swimmers that I was mentioning, they are what I just described, plus they have tattoos (neck tattoos!)and are great with the kids. But they're just kids themselves (that's what I tell myself because they are YOUNG).

I am more of a baseball player girl myself.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:43 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

At least you get to listen to the best album EVER a lot. Why aren't you getting paid for this job? How are you making a living in NYC if you ain't getting the moolah?

That commute would kill me! I am not patient enough for that long of a ride on a regular basis. I would probably have to blast Handwritten and constantly write to save my sanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:43 pm

SHANNON. Introduce me to them. Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:46 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Olympic ghosts. haha.

Anyway. I'm getting paid zip. My only income is like 2 days a week I work a few hours at my neighbors farm. I have parents who are now poor because of me haha. I'm commuting b/c it's cheaper to live at home and just pay for the train. The idea is that all this experience (sitting at my computer going on DSS and facebook b/c I have nothing to do) is going to lead to a job later where I can pay back the loans I'm drowning under.

Yay for slave labor and private schools when you're not a rich person! (bad ideas)

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:49 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Olympic ghosts. haha.

Anyway. I'm getting paid zip. My only income is like 2 days a week I work a few hours at my neighbors farm. I have parents who are now poor because of me haha. I'm commuting b/c it's cheaper to live at home and just pay for the train. The idea is that all this experience (sitting at my computer going on DSS and facebook b/c I have nothing to do) is going to lead to a job later where I can pay back the loans I'm drowning under.

Yay for slave labor and private schools when you're not a rich person! (bad ideas)

Haha, sounds rough. I can't imagine working and not getting paid. I have had the same landscaping job for the last 7 years and make a pretty good sum of money. I wouldn't do it if I waasn't getting paid though. I deal with way to many assholes to not get a little something in my pocket. I guess once I start my career I will be dealing with loads more assholes though....oh sonvua.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:49 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Me too, like omg. Haha. Soccer players though, they're some of the best.

Where's the tattooed swimmers????? I want to see them. I don't like how completely hairless the swimmers are haha. It kinda weirds me out. Not that I'm into hairy dudes really haha.

And I think Handwritten is the only reason I'm still sane with this commute. And I'm in a sleep-like state for the trip there.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Chris don't become one of those cops who hates everyone and treats them like shit because he assumes they're all jerks. Those cops are scary.

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Where's the tattooed swimmers????? I want to see them. I don't like how completely hairless the swimmers are haha. It kinda weirds me out. Not that I'm into hairy dudes really haha.

And I think Handwritten is the only reason I'm still sane with this commute. And I'm in a sleep-like state for the trip there.

Watch out Shelby. I am a baseball player!!!!!!!!!!!! Or was......retired my Sophomore year of college. Now look at me. I am just a shadow of my formerself Sad....always on dimestore saints and what not. What happened to all the partying I use to get myself into and skipping class and so on and so on!?!?!? Guess I Just changed.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 pm

I listen to it at least that much too! I'm so glad I'm not the only obsessive one. I have it playing pretty much whenever I'm on my computer (not right now because of the Olympics though) and then in the car, and I have listened to the vinyl several times, so yeah, I just can't get enough of Handwritten!

Awm thanks, Shelby. It is tough because I love those kids like they're my own, and it's weird that they aren't here anymore. I feel like something is missing from my life, but it hasn't really hit me yet that they're gone. I'm afraid of how hard it will be when the impact of them leaving really sinks in.

I NEED to go dig out my family's record player, fix it/get some missing speakers and/or amp for it and then listen to that pretty blue record sitting in my room collecting dust.

That sounds like it'll be a werid adjustment. Do you have good methods for staying in touch at least? Skype can be a wonderful thing.

AAAAHHHH!!!! I just typed a reply and hit send, and it wouldn't let me do it because the last spam thread locked. GRR!

YES! You have to find your family's record player. Handwritten is so incredible on vinyl. I did notice that HCMM sounded a little warped in spots, so I adjusted the balance on my turntable and that fixed the problem. It was weird that it was only that once song though. scratch

Yeah, it is a weird adjustment. My cousin is a terrible mother and I have been helping her out A LOT over the last four years, so knowing that she's on her own now (her husband is a useless doormat) really worries me. The kids are only five (a girl) and three and a half year old twins (boy and girl), so they are too little to fight back or really be able to take care of themselves. I'll be doing a lot of praying, that's for sure! But once they get settled and get their computer set up, I think we'll probably both sign up for Skype and then there's always email, letters, phone calls, etc., so I'll make sure the kids know I'm still a part of their lives, even from 1400 miles away.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:55 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:

OKAY. They are your age. Fly out and I'll introduce you tomorrow! Razz Seriously, watching them makes swim practice go by much faster. Embarassed I have to remind myself that I'm not 19.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Baseball players! I love you

Haha, the tattooed swimmers are at the neighborhood pool my kids swim at! They are not hairless either. They're normal guys, just better looking! Razz I think my five year old has a crush on one of them. She follows him around a shadow. It's nice to see that she has good taste, but I can just imagine what a boy crazy teenager she's going to be! affraid
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Chris don't become one of those cops who hates everyone and treats them like shit because he assumes they're all jerks. Those cops are scary.

Terrifying! Be the kind of cop that will let a girl out of a speeding ticket if she's genuinely upset and crying. Those cops are nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:

OKAY. They are your age. Fly out and I'll introduce you tomorrow! Razz Seriously, watching them makes swim practice go by much faster. Embarassed I have to remind myself that I'm not 19.

cheers Yay for being 19!

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:01 pm

I guess I will have to take the road and see where it leads. I doubt I will be like that though......can't you tell by the way I act on here? Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

cheers Yay for being 19!

Haha, yeah! Why didn't I know any guys like that when I was 19? Sigh...
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Terrifying! Be the kind of cop that will let a girl out of a speeding ticket if she's genuinely upset and crying. Those cops are nice.

Only if their name is not Shannon.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Haha, Chris you CLEARLY have let yourself go.

Shannon, I remember you talking about this situation with your cousin in the past. That's really rough for those kids because they're still in such an impressionable part of their lives! I'm sure though that you'll stay in touch with them and they'll better for it. Being a parent, I have to imagine, is such an impossible job, and it sucks when someone has a hard time doing a good job because the kids suffer for it. I hope that works out alright.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Only if their name is not Shannon.

My name's not Shannon! Does that mean I get out of speeding tickets? cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

cheers Yay for being 19!

Haha, yeah! Why didn't I know any guys like that when I was 19? Sigh...

It's okay, Shannon. I don't know any guys like that now either. Oh wells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next