A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Well, Hello There!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Hey guys! I've been quietly lurking these boards for some time now and I finally decided to sign up (I tend to procrastinate a lot). I've been a fan of the Gaslight Anthem for quite sometime now and I believe that Handwritten is my most anticipated album ever. Guess I picked a good time to join these boards. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Chesser19

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi, welcome to the board! What's your name? I'm Shannon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:00 pm

The name's Brandon. Nice to meet you Shannon. Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Nice to meet you too, Brandon. Smile Not counting Handwritten (which I think may end up being the best album of all time!), what's your favorite Gaslight album?
Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:23 pm

That's a very good question. I'm going to have to say the '59 Sound because it was the album that got me hooked in the first place. However, Sink or Swim and American Slang are right up there as well, and I'm almost positive that Handwritten will be THE album.

And how about you?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi Brandon! I'm Shelby. Welcome!

Also Sonic is awesome, good choice.

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Chesser19 wrote:
That's a very good question. I'm going to have to say the '59 Sound because it was the album that got me hooked in the first place. However, Sink or Swim and American Slang are right up there as well, and I'm almost positive that Handwritten will be THE album.

And how about you?

American Slang is my favorite album ever. Those songs are the soundtrack to the last couple of years of my life. But SOS and T59S are amazing too. I don't think Brian can't write a bad song! And I think Handwritten might be THE album too. I am so excited, it's just ridiculous, haha.
Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Hello Shelby! Thanks for the warm welcome and it's nice to see you're a Sonic fan as well. Smile

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
American Slang is my favorite album ever. Those songs are the soundtrack to the last couple of years of my life. But SOS and T59S are amazing too. I don't think Brian can't write a bad song! And I think Handwritten might be THE album too. I am so excited, it's just ridiculous, haha.

Brian Fallon writing a bad song is just impossible. Very Happy As for Handwritten, I am also excited. I don't think I've ever been more excited for an album. The wait is just killing me. Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Chesser19 wrote:

Hello Shelby! Thanks for the warm welcome and it's nice to see you're a Sonic fan as well. Smile

Brian Fallon writing a bad song is just impossible. Very Happy As for Handwritten, I am also excited. I don't think I've ever been more excited for an album. The wait is just killing me. Sad

You've come to the right place if the wait is killing you, beause there are a bunch of us that are going crazy waiting for Handwritten, me included! It's so close...but seems so far away! This is worse than waiting for Christmas!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Chesser19 wrote:

You've come to the right place if the wait is killing you, beause there are a bunch of us that are going crazy waiting for Handwritten, me included! It's so close...but seems so far away! This is worse than waiting for Christmas!

I think some people are literally losing their minds on here haha. I know I have. I've turned into a compulsive shopper (of everything Gaslight)!

Also, Sonic is classic haha. I never owned one of the games but my best friend as a kid had it and I used to play all the time. Total throwback haha.
Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Do you remember being a kid, and just waiting for Christmas to come so you can open that new toy, video game console or whatever it was? Well, that has absolutely nothing on this wait...NOTHING. I should have just had myself frozen until the album came out. It would have been so much easier.

As for Sonic, I only had a few games as a kid and I played the hell outta them. Too bad they don't make em like they used to. Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Haha, I'm still like that when it comes to Christmas presents, but you are totally right, it doesn't even compare to waiting for Handwritten! Hmm...being frozen is an interesting idea! It's been so hot here this summer and I am one of the crazy people Shelby mentioned (I have lost my mind completely!), so that might have saved my sanity and kept me cool at the same time. Is it too late to look into this? Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Haha, I think I'm going to be numb to the world for the next 11 days. I've been completely absorbed by this.

Shannon I was refering to you specifically when I said that. Razz (Just kidding, sort of) <<that's meant to be read in Brian Fallon's voice b/c for some reason I think of when he said it in an interview/show (i don't even rememeber) every time I type it (see, obsessed).

Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:38 am

With all the heat most places seem to be getting, I don't think freezing would work sadly. Hahaha.

By the way, Shelby, I am totally jealous you have a picture with Brian Fallon. I'd love to meet him so bady! Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:44 am

Haha, I think I'm going to be numb to the world for the next 11 days. I've been completely absorbed by this.

Shannon I was refering to you specifically when I said that. Razz (Just kidding, sort of) <<that's meant to be read in Brian Fallon's voice b/c for some reason I think of when he said it in an interview/show (i don't even rememeber) every time I type it (see, obsessed).

Okay, to show how obsessed I truly am, when I read, "Just kidding, sort of," I heard Brian's voice in my head! I don't remember what interview it was either, but I do remember him saying that. There is no hope for us, Shelby. We're both completely gone and living in Handwritten land! Razz
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:57 am

Chesser19 wrote:
With all the heat most places seem to be getting, I don't think freezing would work sadly. Hahaha.

By the way, Shelby, I am totally jealous you have a picture with Brian Fallon. I'd love to meet him so bady! Sad

Haha, I can stare at it all day and I still don't believe it exists. I'm convinced I dreamt everything and photoshopped this in my sleep. It's been 9 months and it still hasn't sunk in. I'd love to meet him again and not make a fool out of myself by babbling like an idiot this time. But I can't wish too hard because that would be greedy Smile

But yeah, go wicked early to shows or hang around for potentially 2 hours after and you'd have a decent shot.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:03 am

Okay, to show how obsessed I truly am, when I read, "Just kidding, sort of," I heard Brian's voice in my head! I don't remember what interview it was either, but I do remember him saying that. There is no hope for us, Shelby. We're both completely gone and living in Handwritten land! Razz

Hahahaha YES! Seriously, although this wasn't a huge change because I talked like him before too, Brian's speech patterns and choice of words have infiltrated my speech. It's scary.

Handwritten land? I want to go to there (okay, liz lemon has infultrated my speech too). There truly is no hope, haha we are in Handwritten land.

And by now Brandon thinks we're nuts. Wups.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 am

Hahahaha YES! Seriously, although this wasn't a huge change because I talked like him before too, Brian's speech patterns and choice of words have infiltrated my speech. It's scary.

Handwritten land? I want to go to there (okay, liz lemon has infultrated my speech too). There truly is no hope, haha we are in Handwritten land.

Brandon's going to judge all of the Dimestore Saints by the two of us! Shocked He's probably scared and he'll never come back. Sad Our obsession has gotten so out of control that we are scaring people. And there is no cure! geek
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:13 am

Brandon's going to judge all of the Dimestore Saints by the two of us! Shocked He's probably scared and he'll never come back. Sad Our obsession has gotten so out of control that we are scaring people. And there is no cure! geek

affraid

Back to top Go down
Chesser19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:19 am

Chesser19 wrote:

Haha, I can stare at it all day and I still don't believe it exists. I'm convinced I dreamt everything and photoshopped this in my sleep. It's been 9 months and it still hasn't sunk in. I'd love to meet him again and not make a fool out of myself by babbling like an idiot this time. But I can't wish too hard because that would be greedy Smile

But yeah, go wicked early to shows or hang around for potentially 2 hours after and you'd have a decent shot.

Guess I know what I'm doing when I go see them in September. Cool

Also, don't worry gals, I don't think yous are nuts at all. In fact, we're probably all in the same boat. High Five
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 am

Chesser19 wrote:
Chesser19 wrote:

Also, don't worry gals, I don't think yous are nuts at all. In fact, we're probably all in the same boat. High Five

Haha, I'll report back if I've found other tricks for meeting them when I go in less than two weeks! So excited!

Also, turn back now if you can! Save yourself! If you can't though then WELCOME TO HANDWRITTEN LAND! Population at least 3, probably more Smile

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 am

Chesser19 wrote:
Chesser19 wrote:

You don't think we're nuts?! Wow, you have definitely come to the right place! High Five
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:24 am

Shelby, who's the other resident of Handwritten Land? Christophe?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 am

Shelby, who's the other resident of Handwritten Land? Christophe?

Haha, well I figured if Brandon is there and therefore I'm welcoming him then he gets counted as a member. But if he saves himself than it's 2 at the moment but Christophe can be a member! It's welcome to anyone who has lost their mind beyond recovery over this album, don't ya think?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, Hello There!   

Back to top Go down

Well, Hello There!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: