A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:23 pm

this song is amazing!! haters to the left Frying Pan Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:25 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Crosby Stan wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
Someone bust out the massive survey/poll we did for our favorite songs! See where Cowgirls ranks - I couldn't find it.
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t2218p80-the-top-25-gaslight-anthem-songs-the-results-are-on-page-5 Google magic my fren.
It didn't make it....damn.

Wow, that was really cool! I think another poll needs to be done after Handwritten comes out. Smile

i agree with that statement. but at least a few months after. Gotta get past that honeymoon phase.

Agreed! Smile
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Crosby Stan wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
Someone bust out the massive survey/poll we did for our favorite songs! See where Cowgirls ranks - I couldn't find it.
http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro.com/t2218p80-the-top-25-gaslight-anthem-songs-the-results-are-on-page-5 Google magic my fren.

Wow, that was really cool! I think another poll needs to be done after Handwritten comes out. Smile

i agree with that statement. but at least a few months after. Gotta get past that honeymoon phase.

I think it would be quite different if we would have done it recently, but agreed. Maybe around the holiday season?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 pm

I donno, its just kinda boring. Its killer live though. Odd that three of my least favorite Gaslight songs (American Slang, Angry Johnny, and Cowgirls) are all awesome live.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:28 am

Crosby Stan wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

Yes. As great as this album is going to be, it'll be overrated until everyone settles down. Fans don't factor in replay value too much when they're caught in the moment.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:02 am

Labhras wrote:
also anyone who doesn't like this song, ESPECIALLY the riff, is stupid. Labhras has spoken.

Clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:04 am

One of my favorites, and also the first riff I've ever learned on guitar.
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 am

Cowgirls is the absolute linchpin of The '59 Sound for me honestly. Gives some contrast to the driving rock on most the album without losing the feel and cohesiveness. I have no idea how one could not like that song.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:25 am

One of my favorites, especially to play on guitar let alone listen to. Best riff Alex R. has come up with yet.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:39 am

I skip it more than most but don't necessarilly dislike it.

Verdict: Love the lyrics, good vocal but I think the music lets it down a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:40 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
I skip it more than most but don't necessarilly dislike it.

Verdict: Love the lyrics, good vocal but I think the music lets it down a bit.

And by music I mean instruments. Sorry for using such a general term.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:57 am

Cowgirls is one of my very favorite Gaslight songs. I never understood why people had low opinions of it either. I love everything about it, especially the lines:

But all I want is you to be alright and satisfied
Brothers and sisters know anytime or late at night
If you call I will answer, I'm open ears though tired eyes
But the world closed it's arms on us now

I can really relate to those lyrics.

yeah, love these lyrics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    

Back to top Go down

What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2