A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2996
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Mr.Grieves wrote:
I hope my head explodes when I listen to it.

Me too!

and please please please let it ship early!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:54 pm

The 18th? That's even earlier than it was supposed to be early!

I think Keepsake is the song I dreamed about. Take from that what you will. Also, I broke down and listened to Keepsake. Still have my Mae, National Anthem, and Blue Dahlia virginity, though.


Last edited by MattL on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:58 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Shannon, I agree completely. I don't understand how someone living in another town, in another state, who is male, and about ten years older than me, has managed to write songs that connect with me on such a personal level. Haha it's almost frustrating because I wanna be like "hey, Brian Fallon, you get all this stuff and you like know my life, I wanna talk to you about life and people and stuff not just some 'hi, you're amazing, thanks for the music' conversation!" Haha.

How much is posted in the way of lyrics? Just what people have gotten from the amazon clips and the making of?

I was all determined like "I'm not gonna listen to any TGA from now till the record comes out" so i didn't listen to any SoS, SATQ, T59S, or AS. Instead I went all nuts on 45, Biloxi, Here Comes My Man and the previews! My plan backfired haha.

I would love to have a conversation like that with Brian too! I would probably just talk a mile a minute and embarrass myself completely, but it would be awesome. I don't understand how he manages to write songs that are so personal to me either. A few years ago if someone had told me that a guy in NJ who has this punk rock band is going to write the songs that will change your life, I would have told them they were crazy. But he just gets life and how it is for so many of us. And he's so normal and humble, it just adds to it.

All of the lyrics are posted except for Keepsake. Only the first verse of that one is up. Ral is the one who posted them, and here's how he got them:

ral wrote:
So the layout of the LP was posted on the store offering the Super Deluxe cd. Turns out that image was super high resolution and you can read the foreword by Nick Hornby as well as the lyrics. I've typed them up and figured I might as well post them as well. I'd expect a few typos throughout and the formatting/spacing may be funky especially on the unheard songs. The liner lists Mulholland Drive twice and omits Keepsake, so the full lyrics for that are missing. Hopefully the proofreaders caught this before it went to press.

Wow, you are still stronger than me to be able to stay away from the albums! I listen to Gaslight every single day. With being off work this week, I have had music playing all day long and have listened to every album at least three times since Monday. I'm hopelessly obsessed! And my family is getting so sick of hearing me talk about Gaslight, I just need this album to come already so I can get lost in my little Handwritten world and stop irritating people, haha. Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 am


GUYS. this is the spam thread. wtf are you talking about Gaslight for?!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 34
Location : phoenix, az

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 am

i thought i smelled cheese...oh hello steph!
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:02 am

So it's really hot in my room and it's seeping into my personality and I am becoming Nega-Matt. Gone are innocence and generosity, instead replaced by a burning rage to punch everyone and everything in his/her/its face.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 am

MattL wrote:
The 18th? That's even earlier than it was supposed to be early!

I think Keepsake is the song I dreamed about. Take from that what you will. Also, I broke down and listened to Keepsake. Still have my Mae, National Anthem, and Blue Dahlia virginity, though.

Yep, the 18th! So since you're in NJ, I bet you'll get it next Thursday/Friday, and I should get it Friday/Saturday - hopefully!

Did Keepsake sound anything like the song in your dream? That would be so crazy if it did! I have heard parts of Handwritten and Too Much Blood from the video, then 45, Biloxi, and Here Comes My Man. I have resisted the clips so far, so I know I can make it another week, week and a half. It's killing me though!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 am

steph wrote:

GUYS. this is the spam thread. wtf are you talking about Gaslight for?!

STEPH. We have all lost our minds and are completely consumed with Handwritten! HELP US!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
i thought i smelled cheese...oh hello steph!

Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
MattL wrote:
The 18th? That's even earlier than it was supposed to be early!

I think Keepsake is the song I dreamed about. Take from that what you will. Also, I broke down and listened to Keepsake. Still have my Mae, National Anthem, and Blue Dahlia virginity, though.

Yep, the 18th! So since you're in NJ, I bet you'll get it next Thursday/Friday, and I should get it Friday/Saturday - hopefully!

Did Keepsake sound anything like the song in your dream? That would be so crazy if it did! I have heard parts of Handwritten and Too Much Blood from the video, then 45, Biloxi, and Here Comes My Man. I have resisted the clips so far, so I know I can make it another week, week and a half. It's killing me though!

Haha, I don't think I have psychic powers or anything, but I certainly got a bit of deja vu when I heard the sample. I think that's going to be one of the most powerful songs ever written, because it's based on possibly the most influential moment in Brian's life, his father leaving. I can't really relate to that specifically, but... wow.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:

GUYS. this is the spam thread. wtf are you talking about Gaslight for?!

STEPH. We have all lost our minds and are completely consumed with Handwritten! HELP US!!! Shocked

I THINK I'M FINALLY GOING TO PREORDER IT TONIGHT Shocked

i've managed to stay sane by basically avoiding the subject of Handwritten Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 34
Location : phoenix, az

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 am

Mrs. Doubtfire is on tv. This movie is creepy.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 am

MattL wrote:
So it's really hot in my room and it's seeping into my personality and I am becoming Nega-Matt. Gone are innocence and generosity, instead replaced by a burning rage to punch everyone and everything in his/her/its face.

Haha, I feel like that a lot! I don't act on it, but I want to punch people all the time! It's worse in the summer. "I just went crazy from the heat..."

Why is it so hot in your room? Do you have air conditioning? My bedroom is over the garage and it gets horribly hot in here. The central air doesn't even really help, so I have a window unit as well. I set it to 68 at night and it's nice and cool so I can attempt to get some sleep. Or at least toss and turn in bed, wanting to punch my insomnia in its invisible face, without sweating to death. Nice, huh?


Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2996
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:

GUYS. this is the spam thread. wtf are you talking about Gaslight for?!

STEPH. We have all lost our minds and are completely consumed with Handwritten! HELP US!!! Shocked

THIS.
I don't really have a life outside gaslight right now so there's nothing else for me to talk about but if anyone else interjects a topic I'm all for it!


_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:09 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mrs. Doubtfire is on tv. This movie is creepy.

Mrs. Doubtfire is a classic! what is wrong w/ you??

also can we please stop talking about the heat. i had sweat dripping into my eyes all day long. i have to have the AC set at low 70s w/ the ceiling fan on & a big standing fan pointed right at my face...just to survive. ahhhhhh im getting angry.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2996
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:09 am

MattL wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
MattL wrote:
The 18th? That's even earlier than it was supposed to be early!

I think Keepsake is the song I dreamed about. Take from that what you will. Also, I broke down and listened to Keepsake. Still have my Mae, National Anthem, and Blue Dahlia virginity, though.

Yep, the 18th! So since you're in NJ, I bet you'll get it next Thursday/Friday, and I should get it Friday/Saturday - hopefully!

Did Keepsake sound anything like the song in your dream? That would be so crazy if it did! I have heard parts of Handwritten and Too Much Blood from the video, then 45, Biloxi, and Here Comes My Man. I have resisted the clips so far, so I know I can make it another week, week and a half. It's killing me though!

Haha, I don't think I have psychic powers or anything, but I certainly got a bit of deja vu when I heard the sample. I think that's going to be one of the most powerful songs ever written, because it's based on possibly the most influential moment in Brian's life, his father leaving. I can't really relate to that specifically, but... wow.

I think I might cry for him when I hear it.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 am

MattL wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
MattL wrote:
The 18th? That's even earlier than it was supposed to be early!

I think Keepsake is the song I dreamed about. Take from that what you will. Also, I broke down and listened to Keepsake. Still have my Mae, National Anthem, and Blue Dahlia virginity, though.

Yep, the 18th! So since you're in NJ, I bet you'll get it next Thursday/Friday, and I should get it Friday/Saturday - hopefully!

Did Keepsake sound anything like the song in your dream? That would be so crazy if it did! I have heard parts of Handwritten and Too Much Blood from the video, then 45, Biloxi, and Here Comes My Man. I have resisted the clips so far, so I know I can make it another week, week and a half. It's killing me though!

Haha, I don't think I have psychic powers or anything, but I certainly got a bit of deja vu when I heard the sample. I think that's going to be one of the most powerful songs ever written, because it's based on possibly the most influential moment in Brian's life, his father leaving. I can't really relate to that specifically, but... wow.

Deja vu is creepy, but that's so cool too!

Keepsake is going to make me cry. I know I say that about almost every song, but that one is going to be a real tearjerker I think. I just wish all the lyrics for it were up! Sad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
MattL wrote:
So it's really hot in my room and it's seeping into my personality and I am becoming Nega-Matt. Gone are innocence and generosity, instead replaced by a burning rage to punch everyone and everything in his/her/its face.

Haha, I feel like that a lot! I don't act on it, but I want to punch people all the time! It's worse in the summer. "I just went crazy from the heat..."

Why is it so hot in your room? Do you have air conditioning? My bedroom is over the garage and it gets horribly hot in here. The central air doesn't even really help, so I have a window unit as well. I set it to 68 at night and it's nice and cool so I can attempt to get some sleep. Or at least toss and turn in bed, wanting to punch my insomnia in it's invisible face, without sweating to death. Nice, huh?

I have four separate fans blowing on me at once and it's not doing anything. It's not helping that I'm playing video games online against strangers, all of whom I want to punch in the face. I'm so rarely angry, but when I'm angry I becoming Hulklike and volatile. Even simple messages on my phone or Facebook from friends make me explode in a furious anger before I read them and realize they're just saying hello.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 am

steph wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:

GUYS. this is the spam thread. wtf are you talking about Gaslight for?!

STEPH. We have all lost our minds and are completely consumed with Handwritten! HELP US!!! Shocked

I THINK I'M FINALLY GOING TO PREORDER IT TONIGHT Shocked

i've managed to stay sane by basically avoiding the subject of Handwritten Razz

YOU STILL HAVEN'T PREORDERED?! GO ORDER RIGHT NOW! Are you just getting the vinyl like you had mentioned before?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 34
Location : phoenix, az

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 am

steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mrs. Doubtfire is on tv. This movie is creepy.

Mrs. Doubtfire is a classic! what is wrong w/ you??

also can we please stop talking about the heat. i had sweat dripping into my eyes all day long. i have to have the AC set at low 70s w/ the ceiling fan on & a big standing fan pointed right at my face...just to survive. ahhhhhh im getting angry.

oh it's a classic. but it's still creepy when you think about it.

steph...it was so humid outside today. phoenix can fuck it.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:13 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:

GUYS. this is the spam thread. wtf are you talking about Gaslight for?!

STEPH. We have all lost our minds and are completely consumed with Handwritten! HELP US!!! Shocked

I THINK I'M FINALLY GOING TO PREORDER IT TONIGHT Shocked

i've managed to stay sane by basically avoiding the subject of Handwritten Razz

YOU STILL HAVEN'T PREORDERED?! GO ORDER RIGHT NOW! Are you just getting the vinyl like you had mentioned before?

i am! well...i was holding out for deluxe vinyl, but it appears you can only get the deluxe version on CD so. fuck, i guess i'm getting the CD. maybe i'll get the vinyl, too. :shrug:
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 7938
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 33
Location : arizona

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mrs. Doubtfire is on tv. This movie is creepy.

Mrs. Doubtfire is a classic! what is wrong w/ you??

also can we please stop talking about the heat. i had sweat dripping into my eyes all day long. i have to have the AC set at low 70s w/ the ceiling fan on & a big standing fan pointed right at my face...just to survive. ahhhhhh im getting angry.

oh it's a classic. but it's still creepy when you think about it.

steph...it was so humid outside today. phoenix can fuck it.

it was so miserable. i hate this place, i really do. at least we got a good thunderstorm last night!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2011-09-16
Age : 34
Location : Spokane Valley, WA

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 am

steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mrs. Doubtfire is on tv. This movie is creepy.

Mrs. Doubtfire is a classic! what is wrong w/ you??

also can we please stop talking about the heat. i had sweat dripping into my eyes all day long. i have to have the AC set at low 70s w/ the ceiling fan on & a big standing fan pointed right at my face...just to survive. ahhhhhh im getting angry.

Yeah Marc, what's wrong with you? Mrs. Doubtfire is hilarious!

I have to sleep with a fan pointing at my face. I can't sleep at all unless I'm cold. I'm angry at summer too! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 2996
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:15 am

Phoenix in the middle of summer. Yuck! I spent a week there one august. I have a lot of sympathy for you.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 898
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 34
Location : phoenix, az

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:15 am

steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mrs. Doubtfire is on tv. This movie is creepy.

Mrs. Doubtfire is a classic! what is wrong w/ you??

also can we please stop talking about the heat. i had sweat dripping into my eyes all day long. i have to have the AC set at low 70s w/ the ceiling fan on & a big standing fan pointed right at my face...just to survive. ahhhhhh im getting angry.

oh it's a classic. but it's still creepy when you think about it.

steph...it was so humid outside today. phoenix can fuck it.

it was so miserable. i hate this place, i really do. at least we got a good thunderstorm last night!

I didn't get much rain last night. FIngers crossed for tonight. If it does rain I'm going to go play in the rain. Or run up and down my street screaming like a psycho.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down
 
Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 100% live [Spam] , fullz, bank login, dumps for sell
» Human Verification Request To Avoid Spam
» The Official Spam Thread
» Story Spam: "Bernie Potter's Half-Ass Print" on MMSA
» Spam I am.... Not

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: General Chat & Discussions-
Jump to: