A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 am

Matt that's awesome that the timing of those songs coming out was so perfect and I'm glad you're moving on from that situation. That kind of thing is never fun and always emotionally exhausting.

Congrats on getting the crowd to sing along Jimmy!

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
"I worried and stalled every night of my life. Better safe than making the party" ---> me half the time

THIS!!!

Omg yes! That's one of those lyrics where I'm like "Brian Fallon stop reading my mind!"
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:55 am

MattL wrote:
WARNING. Extremely long, extremely mopey story ahead! JimmyB's beware!:

Spoiler'd as to not stretch/subject people to my mopeyness.

Wow, Matt. WOW. You put up with this girl for three years? I can't even imagine. She doesn't deserve you! I can relate to all of these songs so much too, in the same ways. You are really lucky to figure these things out when you're so young, because I sure didn't! I guess it just goes to show, like I was saying before, that we're not all so different from one another, or different from Brian, and we can relate to these topics because they happen all the time. It makes me feel a little less crazy, a little less awkward, and a little less alone to know that other people get it. That's what I first learned from all of these Gaslight songs.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:57 am

MattL wrote:

Don't worry, we're all awkward in certain ways.

Haha, I don't worry at all. I accept my awkwardness. It makes me unique. A lot of people like an awkward person.

Maybe that's why you're so popular here, Shannon. Razz

Haha, my awkwardness works for me! cheers I think I'm more weird and quirky than awkward most of the time, but I definitely have my moments, and I embrace them. Being "normal" is boring. I'd rather stand out for being goofy or crazy or dramatic than just blend into the background. Life is more fun this way! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 am

Wow, Matt. WOW. You put up with this girl for three years?

I guess I was afraid if I ditched her, I wouldn't find anyone else. Boy, was I wrong! And these songs really helped.

Next time I listen through an album, I'll pick out some more examples Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Shannon, I imagine you can relate a lot to Brian being close to his age. I forget he's ten years older than me because he'll say something in an interview and I'll be like "hey I realized that last week, or that happened to me a few years back too". I'm growing up too fast for my age. It's nice though because when he says stuff I'm like "okay, I'm not the only one who thinks that way, it must be alright".

I LOVE that line from Our Father's Sons. It's sooo true and I think people, both blue collar and white collar, forget that sometimes.

It would be really cool sometime to do something like a book (kinda like that tattoo one people were planning) where people can contribute what songs and stuff mean to them. It'd be hard to do in a way that everyone who really wanted to share, could share, and it wouldn't be like a 700 page book though haha. Maybe like you can only pick two songs and no more than 2 sentences about it or something.

That would be so awesome to create a book like that! I would definitely buy it! I have no idea how it could be accomplished, but it would be really neat.

Isn't it cool how no matter how old we are or what we've gone through in life, we can all still connect with these songs on similar levels? It's kind of amazing, really. I mean, look at Matt. He's only 17, but I, at 29, can totally understand exactly where he's coming from with the lyrics to these new songs, because I have been there myself - recently! Kind of crazy.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 am

MattL wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Finally got the crowd to sing along tonight. American pie always does the trick.

Awesome! There's nothing cooler than getting the crowd to sing alone!

Way to go, Jimmy! Clap
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:03 am

MattL wrote:

Wow, Matt. WOW. You put up with this girl for three years?

I guess I was afraid if I ditched her, I wouldn't find anyone else. Boy, was I wrong! And these songs really helped.

Next time I listen through an album, I'll pick out some more examples Razz

I get that. I totally get that!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:03 am

The guys are real people. And even when they try to "be cool" and hide it, they can't really and I love that because it's like it makes it okay for us all to be real people. I hope they never lose that.

And Shannon you're totally right. It's crazy. I think we all spend too much time thinking about how we're all different and not enough about how we're all the same. It's great that a band like TGA can erase those lines.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:04 am

Shannon, I imagine you can relate a lot to Brian being close to his age. I forget he's ten years older than me because he'll say something in an interview and I'll be like "hey I realized that last week, or that happened to me a few years back too". I'm growing up too fast for my age. It's nice though because when he says stuff I'm like "okay, I'm not the only one who thinks that way, it must be alright".

I LOVE that line from Our Father's Sons. It's sooo true and I think people, both blue collar and white collar, forget that sometimes.

It would be really cool sometime to do something like a book (kinda like that tattoo one people were planning) where people can contribute what songs and stuff mean to them. It'd be hard to do in a way that everyone who really wanted to share, could share, and it wouldn't be like a 700 page book though haha. Maybe like you can only pick two songs and no more than 2 sentences about it or something.

That would be so awesome to create a book like that! I would definitely buy it! I have no idea how it could be accomplished, but it would be really neat.

Isn't it cool how no matter how old we are or what we've gone through in life, we can all still connect with these songs on similar levels? It's kind of amazing, really. I mean, look at Matt. He's only 17, but I, at 29, can totally understand exactly where he's coming from with the lyrics to these new songs, because I have been there myself - recently! Kind of crazy.

It's the really cool way Brian embodies the everyman in his writing, taken to a ridiculous extreme.

Yet he always manages to make these versatile, easily recognizable stories, feelings, and lyrics into something personal and heart-felt.

It's... awesome!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:08 am

I just got a new idea for a deluxe edition of Handwritten. The CD should come with a box of tissues, because I'm gonna bawl my eyes out the first time I hear it. Especially the title track.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 am

also i'm off to bed. Nice chattin'! Night all!

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:11 am

The guys are real people. And even when they try to "be cool" and hide it, they can't really and I love that because it's like it makes it okay for us all to be real people. I hope they never lose that.

And Shannon you're totally right. It's crazy. I think we all spend too much time thinking about how we're all different and not enough about how we're all the same. It's great that a band like TGA can erase those lines.

I know some people have been concerned that the guys will change or the band will change if they become really popular and successful, but I just don't see that happening. They are real people, like you said. They're really cool of course, but they have no idea how cool they are and they don't take themselves too seriously. I wish everyone was like that!

You're right, Shelby. We as a society do spend a lot of fime thinking about how we're different, that the similarities that bond us as a group of people get overlooked. I'm glad Gaslight can remind us that we're not that different from one another after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:12 am

also i'm off to bed. Nice chattin'! Night all!

Night!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:14 am

I just got a new idea for a deluxe edition of Handwritten. The CD should come with a box of tissues, because I'm gonna bawl my eyes out the first time I hear it. Especially the title track.

Haha, that is the perfect idea, and I'm going to do the same thing! I can guarantee that I'll start crying as soon as it begins, and by the end, I will be sobbing. And that's not a bad thing, it's very cathartic, but yeah, there should be an advisory on the front that reads "Warning: Do not listen to without a full box of tissues."
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:15 am

Goodnight, Shelby!

I'm going to say goodnight too. It's been a long day and I think I might actually be able to sleep tonight for a change because I'm exhausted. Have a good night everybody! wave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:16 am

Night!

I'm still watching the tournament... it's a very long affair. I'll be up for a few more hours... unfortunately.

So, anyone else up?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:00 am

i'm still uppp. i was watching...i can't remember. most likely some crime show. i love that stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:03 am

My stuff just ended. Now what do I do?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:04 am

masturbate?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:25 am

steph wrote:

masturbate?

High Five
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:31 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
steph wrote:

masturbate?

High Five

Where's a nervous whistling emoticon when you need one?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:40 am

there is no such thing, because you are supposed to masturbate instead of being awkward about wanting to masturbate but not wanting to let people know you are masturbating. SPANK THAT MONKEY, MY FRIEND!

amen.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 am

Good morning.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:10 am

steph wrote:

masturbate?

Why was it too obvious that you posted that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next