A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:08 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
UGH, I want to read those lyrics so bad but I think that would really ruin the album for me. BIG TIME!!! One thing leaves and then another thing comes to haunt me.

I'm not going to read them. The lyrics are my favorite part of a song. That's too much ruined for me.

Yeah, for some reason I feel like it is easier than the song samples. Probably because when I listen, I don't have to read.

The thing is that the words written down stick to you for a looong time, but the words heard are a bit easier to forget, and thus, I can still be surprised on release date.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:09 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
UGH, I want to read those lyrics so bad but I think that would really ruin the album for me. BIG TIME!!! One thing leaves and then another thing comes to haunt me.

I'm not going to read them. The lyrics are my favorite part of a song. That's too much ruined for me.

Yeah, for some reason I feel like it is easier than the song samples. Probably because when I listen, I don't have to read.

The thing is that the words written down stick to you for a looong time, but the words heard are a bit easier to forget, and thus, I can still be surprised on release date.

True, the only one I read was Howl but I just skimmed them over. I wanted to make sure you were just bullshitting. Even I got lost in the mind in our own game.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Those lyrics...woah. Some of the best I've ever read. Honestly I didnt like American Slang's lyrics that much. I mean, they were really good, but I was expecting so much more after '59 Sound. Then Elsie came out. Such a well written album. Sooo much better than American Slang. Now, Handwritten - I see it as the brilliance of Elsie with the heart of the '59 Sound. Or something like that. All I know is this album is going to be amazing and we're about to witness something special with this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:12 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

True, the only one I read was Howl but I just skimmed them over. I wanted to make sure you were just bullshitting. Even I got lost in the mind in our own game.

Was I even close Razz?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:13 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Was I even close Razz?

Some of them were scarily similar I think. But not many were.
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Just read the forward, very well said. Not gonna look at the whole lyrics, no way. But props to you for transcribing for peeps who want to read them!
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Why'd they have to take them down? A few more minutes and Shannon would have caved in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:34 pm

markbarlow wrote:
Why'd they have to take them down? A few more minutes and Shannon would have caved in!

I think my fake lyrics almost destroyed her resistance.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:34 pm

markbarlow wrote:

Maybe Shannon ordered them to take them down. Maybe Shannon is really..........Brian Fallon?
Back to top Go down
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Shannon... Fallon...

They do sound kinda similar when you say them out loud.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 pm

markbarlow wrote:
Shannon... Fallon...

It is all coming together. This is the most popular gaslight anthem forum and Shannon has the most posts on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:41 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
Shannon... Fallon...

It is all coming together. This is the most popular gaslight anthem forum and Shannon has the most posts on here.

We know that someone from the band checks the site... and Brian seems to know a bit about the forums, too.

And Shannon's here 24/7.

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
Shannon... Fallon...

We know that someone from the band checks the site... and Brian seems to know a bit about the forums, too.

And Shannon's here 24/7.

We must confront her about this the next she is on here....or should we say....that next time HE is on here.
Back to top Go down
TheEmptyBones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 pm

So did amazon leaked the record by accident?
Back to top Go down

TheEmptyBones wrote:
So did amazon leaked the record by accident?

Who knows? This whole thing has been such a strange affair. Everything gets put up, then taken down in less than a day.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:54 pm

First of all, I have to say I love the foreword by Nick Hornby. He is a great writer and someone who's opinion on music (and football) I respect very much. Secondly, the lyrics I just read (Handwritten, Mae, Howl) are absolutely breathtaking. July 23rd cannot come soon enough!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:07 pm

markbarlow wrote:

NEVER!!! But I want to look at the lyrics thread SO BAD! I think I might...I don't know...I could... confused
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:07 pm

MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:

I think my fake lyrics almost destroyed her resistance.

I actually loved your fake lyrics, and I can't believe you fooled me! You totally did though. I'm impressed. Clap
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Of course I post about how glad I am that the previews are gone so I don't have to tempt myself. And then someone posts the lyrics to the entire album. -_____-
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
Shannon... Fallon...

And Shannon's here 24/7.

We must confront her about this the next she is on here....or should we say....that next time HE is on here.

lol! lol! lol!

I promise you, I am not Brian! Razz I even posted a pic the other day, jeez! And I am here waaaayyyy too much if people are developing conspiracy theories about me. But I'm addicted, I can't leave.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:11 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Of course I post about how glad I am that the previews are gone so I don't have to tempt myself. And then someone posts the lyrics to the entire album. -_____-

Did you read the lyrics? I haven't...yet.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:14 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I read Howl just cause I thought Matt was serious. It was awesome. Though, I didn't read any other lyrics. Wait, I read like 2 lines of Mulholland Drive and they were breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:17 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

Kinda sorta. Like I read some of them really fast and was like Oh that's a great line, this is a great line, but gun to my head I couldn't tell you a complete stanza from any of the songs we haven't heard yet. I just remember some things that really stuck out. Mainly I just read enough to address my only real concern about the album, that the lyrics would be too simple and wouldn't contain a lot of imagery and symbols in Brian's attempt to be more straightforward. What I read though and I don't say this lightly....some of the lines that jumped out to me were, strictly from a written standpoint, vastly superior to so much of their previous work.

I also got a sense that is kinda completely opposite from Brian's "trim the fat, straightforward" approach he's kept talking about...Some of the lyrics I read (I specifically recall Mae) are more literary and filled with imagery than anything they've done before.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I read Howl just cause I thought Matt was serious. It was awesome. Though, I didn't read any other lyrics. Wait, I read like 2 lines of Mulholland Drive and they were breathtaking.

I think I'm going to cave and read the lyrics. Listening to the songs would have stuck in my head more than reading the lyrics, but I don't know if I can resist this. I'm going to eat dinner in a minute and if I can't stop thinking about the songs, I'll read the lyrics. ...Who am I kidding, I never stop thinking about these songs anymore! geek
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:19 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I think I'm going to cave and read the lyrics. Listening to the songs would have stuck in my head more than reading the lyrics, but I don't know if I can resist this. I'm going to eat dinner in a minute and if I can't stop thinking about the songs, I'll read the lyrics. ...Who am I kidding, I never stop thinking about these songs anymore! geek

That makes no sense. Reading the lyrics will take away one of the best parts of a new Gaslight Anthem album!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next