A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Hmm..an idea for a thread..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Bluuu! You never replied to my offer on the demos so I guess you probably laughed at its feebleness.

So let's discuss

Also, are we talking superhero thread?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Bluuu wrote:

What the hell is that!!!!???!!!!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Bluuu wrote:

The Orphanage Smile
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Klown wrote:
Bluuu wrote:

The Orphanage Smile

OH, I completely forgot about that movie. I have been wanting to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Scary movies scare me, or bore me. Either one. Sometimes at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:57 pm

MattL wrote:
the last one to REALLY get me, was Blair Witch, my reasons follow.

I got a cam copy...think about that for a moment, a cam of a cam...yeaaaaaa

We did a lot of camping at that point, one of our favourite spots, was beside an old abandoned castle

It was also the site where a few horror films were shot, most noteably 'Shrooms'

just letting my mind go with it all, and following the viral online hype, as well as reading the book released before hand, of the police reports...loved it.

Maybe as a wrasslin' fan, I can let my mind go that bit easier, but I loved that film.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Klown wrote:
MattL wrote:
the last one to REALLY get me, was Blair Witch, my reasons follow.

I got a cam copy...think about that for a moment, a cam of a cam...yeaaaaaa

We did a lot of camping at that point, one of our favourite spots, was beside an old abandoned castle

It was also the site where a few horror films were shot, most noteably 'Shrooms'

just letting my mind go with it all, and following the viral online hype, as well as reading the book released before hand, of the police reports...loved it.

Maybe as a wrasslin' fan, I can let my mind go that bit easier, but I loved that film.

Freakiest part in that movie had to be the part where they are in their tents and they hear someone stacking rocks outside. I think in the movie the witch was known to stack rocks on top of the childrens graves. OR the part where you hear the kids laughing and the tents start to shake. EEK!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 pm

The most recent horror films I've seen are The Woman in Black and Cabin in the Woods. The Woman in Black had a really terrifying mood, and I loved it a lot, though I wasn't scared a single time (okay, maybe I jumped at one scene, but it was really just one.)

Meanwhile, Cabin in the Woods was not scary in the slightest, but it really wasn't trying to be. I thought it was a really great deconstruction of the horror genre as a whole, though I was terribly disappointed in the ending.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Loved it. Had all the source books, and figures, so much thought went into that film, that whilst it gets a lot of credit, it doesn't get the credit it truly deserves.

The second one....
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

MattL wrote:
Bluuu! You never replied to my offer on the demos so I guess you probably laughed at its feebleness.

So let's discuss

Totally forgot about that. I need to think it over haha, I keep going back and forth if it's worth more to me.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 pm

MattL wrote:
The most recent horror films I've seen are The Woman in Black and Cabin in the Woods. The Woman in Black had a really terrifying mood, and I loved it a lot, though I wasn't scared a single time (okay, maybe I jumped at one scene, but it was really just one.)

Meanwhile, Cabin in the Woods was not scary in the slightest, but it really wasn't trying to be. I thought it was a really great deconstruction of the horror genre as a whole, though I was terribly disappointed in the ending.

You didn't like the ending to Cabin in the Woods? Haha, i thought the last 30 minutes was terrific. Who would have expected that?

I want to see The Woman in Black but I don't like the actor in it. I heard it is scary cause of the imagery used in it.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Klown wrote:
Loved it. Had all the source books, and figures, so much thought went into that film, that whilst it gets a lot of credit, it doesn't get the credit it truly deserves.

The second one....

Haha, dont even get me started on the second one. That movie sucked.........actually, I can't even describe how horrible it was.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Seriously, see the orphanage, truly psychologically scary.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Bluuu wrote:
Seriously, see the orphanage, truly psychologically scary.

I'll check it out. I will probably pick a copy up after I am done with all these other movies I have bought that I haven't watched yet.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

List them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

You didn't like the ending to Cabin in the Woods? Haha, i thought the last 30 minutes was terrific. Who would have expected that?

I want to see The Woman in Black but I don't like the actor in it. I heard it is scary cause of the imagery used in it.

It's not that I didn't like the ending, it's that during the ending, I and the girl sitting next to me had a moment where we thought we knew exactly how it was going to end. We thought the stoner was going to turn out to be the typecast virgin (who was implied during one scene to be a virgin, and thus, him surviving the zombie would've been explained) and the virgin (who was not a virgin, as implied by the director's comments and her own admission) was going to be the fool. So, I thought the girl was going to die from whatever caused her to almost die (I can't remember the details too well), and the world would be saved with the stoner living. I guess it was just a case where I felt my ending beat the movie's ending, and I was disappointed it wasn't right.

Like I said, Woman in Black wasn't terribly scary, though it was really cool. I liked Daniel Radcliffe in it. A lot of people were unsure whether or not he was going to be able to drop the Harry Potter act, but I think he did well. There were a few missteps (the surprise ending wasn't very well-received by the audience) but it's pretty much one of the cooler movies I've seen this year.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Bluuu wrote:
List them!

Well, I have seen a majority of them already but just got them on Blu ray....

Alien 3(rewatch)
The Strangers(rewatch)
Act of Valor
Drive
Easy A(rewatch)
Zombieland(rewatch)
John Carpenters The Thing(Rewatch)
John Carpenters Escape from New York(rewatch)
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:07 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

It's not that I didn't like the ending, it's that during the ending, I and the girl sitting next to me had a moment where we thought we knew exactly how it was going to end. We thought the stoner was going to turn out to be the typecast virgin (who was implied during one scene to be a virgin, and thus, him surviving the zombie would've been explained) and the virgin (who was not a virgin, as implied by the director's comments and her own admission) was going to be the fool. So, I thought the girl was going to die from whatever caused her to almost die (I can't remember the details too well), and the world would be saved with the stoner living. I guess it was just a case where I felt my ending beat the movie's ending, and I was disappointed it wasn't right.

Like I said, Woman in Black wasn't terribly scary, though it was really cool. I liked Daniel Radcliffe in it. A lot of people were unsure whether or not he was going to be able to drop the Harry Potter act, but I think he did well. There were a few missteps (the surprise ending wasn't very well-received by the audience) but it's pretty much one of the cooler movies I've seen this year.

Yeah, you just refreshed my memory. I liked the characters up till the end of the movie and then I felt like they were the two most selfish individuals ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Bluuu wrote:
MattL wrote:

So let's discuss

Totally forgot about that. I need to think it over haha, I keep going back and forth if it's worth more to me.

You take your time, I totally understand because I think that green/black demo is probably the coolest looking record I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:09 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Yeah, you just refreshed my memory. I liked the characters up till the end of the movie and then I felt like they were the two most selfish individuals ever.

The scenes leading up to the ending with the outbreak of horror monsters was probably one of the coolest scenes I've ever watched in a movie.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

The scenes leading up to the ending with the outbreak of horror monsters was probably one of the coolest scenes I've ever watched in a movie.

Yeah. I loved the part where the Tactical Team just stops in the big room and one of them just says "oh shit" and then all hell breaks loose.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello severe storms,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 pm

It's beautiful where I am
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam