A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Morning Jamester
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:13 pm

I think Kurt Russell might be the biggest movie badass ever.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Spiderman 2 is the best superhero movie ever.

Dark Knight is pretty close.

And then probably X-Men: First Class rounds out number three. Not that anyone had asked.

Has anyone seen the directors cut of Daredevil? I hear it is actually a mammoth improvement over the original stinker. Dying to see it. I love Daredevil but that movie was garbage.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 pm

How is everyone?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Yozzy wrote:

And then probably X-Men: First Class rounds out number three. Not that anyone had asked.

Has anyone seen the directors cut of Daredevil? I hear it is actually a mammoth improvement over the original stinker. Dying to see it. I love Daredevil but that movie was garbage.

Hrm. I thought Spider Man beat Spider Man 2. Are you looking forward to the new Spider Man coming out next week?

Haha, and I will never watch Daredevil again. I could not believe I was even watching it when I first watched it. That movie, simply, sucked.
Back to top Go down

Klown wrote:
Honestly? I'm hoping they go for a grim ending. I mean Bane is Batmans Kryptonite....I would be happy for a broken and beaten Batman to just about salvage victory from the jaws of defeat, but not without 2 hours of taking a beating.

I've avoided everything for this, every last trailer since the initial one. Almost 30 years as a Batman fan, brings me to this point of my life, and I can't freaking wait.

My friend and I have speculated that the scenes in the trailer where Bane says he will not kill Batman, but break him, are going to be shown really early in the movie. The next hour and a half will be Batman attempting to build himself up again from being crippled, like in the comics. The movie will finally climax with Batman finally defeating Bane. And then it'll have a dramatic speech about Batman, like TDK had. And I hope that it ends with a scene, no talking, of Batman standing on a rooftop looking down at the city, and then another character lands next to him. No words, but the figure is revealed to be Dick Grayson. And then the speech will end with something like, "Batman will still be holding back the storm... but he won't be doing it alone."

That's not really based on anything, it's just a hope of mine.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Yozzy wrote:

I really don't like Spiderman, never enjoyed the comics, and struggled to enjoy the films. Saying that, the new one looks really good.

I hated First Class, for the mockery it made of previous time lines and comic timelines. I think that stopped me from enjoying the movie.

Daredevil Directors cut is great, adds so much back story to the film, and helps move the film along so much better, if you can grab a rip of it, or a cheap dvd, I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:31 pm

MattL wrote:
Dick Grayson

If this ends with the possibility of a Nightwing film, you won't believe how happy I will be, especially with his recent involvement in the Batman universe...
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 pm

MattL wrote:
Klown wrote:
Honestly? I'm hoping they go for a grim ending. I mean Bane is Batmans Kryptonite....I would be happy for a broken and beaten Batman to just about salvage victory from the jaws of defeat, but not without 2 hours of taking a beating.

I've avoided everything for this, every last trailer since the initial one. Almost 30 years as a Batman fan, brings me to this point of my life, and I can't freaking wait.

My friend and I have speculated that the scenes in the trailer where Bane says he will not kill Batman, but break him, are going to be shown really early in the movie. The next hour and a half will be Batman attempting to build himself up again from being crippled, like in the comics. The movie will finally climax with Batman finally defeating Bane. And then it'll have a dramatic speech about Batman, like TDK had. And I hope that it ends with a scene, no talking, of Batman standing on a rooftop looking down at the city, and then another character lands next to him. No words, but the figure is revealed to be Dick Grayson. And then the speech will end with something like, "Batman will still be holding back the storm... but he won't be doing it alone."

Never thought that those scenes might be toward the beginning of the movie. That would actually be a good idea cause in the comic he got his back broken and all that. Though, whatever happens, and whatever Nolan chooses what to do, I expect this to be THE Summer blockbuster. The Avengers was good but I doubt it can touch The Dark Knight Rises.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:33 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
The Avengers was good but I doubt it can touch The Dark Knight Rises.

Can I just say...I know I'm a DC fanboy and all...but Avengers, really did nothing for me...even with all the buildup from previous films and knowing the backstory, I just didn't care...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
Klown wrote:

Never thought that those scenes might be toward the beginning of the movie. That would actually be a good idea cause in the comic he got his back broken and all that. Though, whatever happens, and whatever Nolan chooses what to do, I expect this to be THE Summer blockbuster.

I think they're going for a surprise factor with the trailers they have now. A lot of people who are going to see DKR are not huge followers of the comic. Imagine the surprise on the common movie-goer's face when Batman's spine is shattered in the first 45 minutes of the movie?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:37 pm

MattL wrote:

I think they're going for a surprise factor with the trailers they have now. A lot of people who are going to see DKR are not huge followers of the comic. Imagine the surprise on the common movie-goer's face when Batman's spine is shattered in the first 45 minutes of the movie?

I know I wanted the whole Joker storyline to follow Arkham and Killing Joke...if THIS one, follows the breaking of Batman by Bane, then I think I would....

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Klown wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Can I just say...I know I'm a DC fanboy and all...but Avengers, really did nothing for me...even with all the buildup from previous films and knowing the backstory, I just didn't care...

I think the reason I liked the Avengers a lot was because of Iron Man. Iron Man was one of my favorite superheroes growing up and I thought Robert Downey Jr. did an amazing job with the character in the 2 iron man movies. Not to mention, I still believe that Iron Man/Tony Stark was the MAIN character in the Avengers movie.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 pm

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
Klown wrote:

Never thought that those scenes might be toward the beginning of the movie. That would actually be a good idea cause in the comic he got his back broken and all that. Though, whatever happens, and whatever Nolan chooses what to do, I expect this to be THE Summer blockbuster.

Yeah, that would leave all the audience members speechless. Nolan does a good job with playing with peoples minds in trailers too. Remember, all the trailers for Inception? No one had any idea what that movie was going to actually be about. He is great at surprising people.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

I think the reason I liked the Avengers a lot was because of Iron Man. Iron Man was one of my favorite superheroes growing up and I thought Robert Downey Jr. did an amazing job with the character in the 2 iron man movies. Not to mention, I still believe that Iron Man/Tony Stark was the MAIN character in the Avengers movie.

I would agree totally there, they hinted towards that in the Avengers movie, granted, I didn't like IM2, but the first IM movie was fantastic, there was no real lull that the second movie had, or the waste of War Machine. Robert Downey Jnr. really did have his Indian Summer with that film.

Shall be interesting to see all the sequel films on the way.

I will say this...Thor...really surprised me, I really enjoyed it, and he was always one of my least favourite comic book characters.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Klown wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I would agree totally there, they hinted towards that in the Avengers movie, granted, I didn't like IM2, but the first IM movie was fantastic, there was no real lull that the second movie had, or the waste of War Machine. Robert Downey Jnr. really did have his Indian Summer with that film.

Shall be interesting to see all the sequel films on the way.

I will say this...Thor...really surprised me, I really enjoyed it, and he was always one of my least favourite comic book characters.

Yeah, even though I liked Iron Man 2, I agree that the first one was ten times better. Nothing will ever beat the scene where he takes down the entire terrorist cell. That was just badass.

I never saw Thor. Do you think I should pick up a copy. AND when are they going to make a Black Widow movie. I feel like ScarJo could totally pull one off.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

DID IT LEAK YETTTTTTTTTTTTT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:45 pm

I really liked Thor. I thought it was a really good balance of comedy (a lot of the scenes with Thor in the town were hilarious) and action.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Hellboy 2 and Unbreakable, best superhero movies
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

saltandburn1967 wrote:

I never saw Thor. Do you think I should pick up a copy. AND when are they going to make a Black Widow movie. I feel like ScarJo could totally pull one off.

Yes, Thor is fantastic, really took me by surprise, as did Captain America (Never really bought that character as an outsider, but the film , albeit rushed and a waste of certain characters, was fun) Thor is a balls out good fun comic book movie, kinda akin to the first Iron Man movie.

I can see them making straight to dvd movies of lesser characters, kinda like the animated movies (which are freaking awesome)
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Bluuu wrote:

Haha. Why does everyone love Hellboy 2 so much?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Bluuu wrote:

I was more about the first Hellboy to be honest.

Unbreakable...not many arguments there...
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:47 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Bluuu wrote:

Haha. Why does everyone love Hellboy 2 so much?

Hilarious, gorgeous
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:48 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

I can see them making straight to dvd movies of lesser characters, kinda like the animated movies (which are freaking awesome)

I think they made two for Agent Coulson, the SHIELD agent.

I've never seen either Hellboy.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I just saw El Orfanato, and wow, amazing movie. Spanish ghost story. Creepy as all hell, and heartbreaking. A++++++
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next