A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

'Handwritten' vinyl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 pm

I can confirm that they are different. It's only a slight difference in the colour but there is one.

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 pm

enola wrote:
I can confirm that they are different. It's only a slight difference in the colour but there is one.

matrix numbers and cover are different as well, can you check your matrix number on the euro version, after going through my copies my euro copy is from the original pre-sales, be interesting to see if there has been another press.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:25 pm

brucesboots wrote:
enola wrote:

matrix numbers and cover are different as well, can you check your matrix number on the euro version, after going through my copies my euro copy is from the original pre-sales, be interesting to see if there has been another press.

can you remember which pre-order (Greenhell, etc.)?

http://www.gaslightanthem.org
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Matrix:
EU: 30016941-01A RT (sort of handwritten)
US: 101814E1/4 (printed)

Also my preorder from Greenhell/Flight13 with the bonus 7inch was clearly the US version!

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm

enola wrote:
Matrix:

Also my preorder from Greenhell/Flight13 with the bonus 7inch was clearly the US version!

weird, because my US matches the matrix posted by 'brucesboots', which is BOO16941-01A (and which is 'handscratched'); why would there be a different matrix (my 'US' came with the 7'' from Greenhell)

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Well I never actually opened the LP I got from Greenhell....

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm

enola wrote:

Where did you get the US version with the matrix number you posted? I recall reading on vinyl collective that many US copies were recalled because of pressing issues. Perhaps this led to the pressing of a separate batch which accounts for the different matrix numbers. Both my US copies (from Interpunk and Greenhell) have the B00 matrix number. Hopefully Alexander can get some light shed on the various issues.

To recap, we now know that there are at least two different US matrix numbers and at least two different Euro matrix numbers.

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
enola wrote:

Where did you get the US version with the matrix number you posted? I recall reading on vinyl collective that many US copies were recalled because of pressing issues. Perhaps this led to the pressing of a separate batch which accounts for the different matrix numbers. Both my US copies (from Interpunk and Greenhell) have the B00 matrix number. Hopefully Alexander can get some light shed on the various issues.

I can't remember honestly Sad
I ordered so many different copies that I lost track in the end. But I did order the vinyl only in the States. Probably at infintemerch ...

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
encobel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 am

steady now steady now wrote:
enola wrote:
Matrix:

weird, because my US matches the matrix posted by 'brucesboots', whcih is BOO16941-01A (and which is 'handscratched'); why would there be a different matrix (my 'US' came with the 7'' from Greenhell)

my 2 vs have the same matrix BOO16941-01A, one it's the GreenHell vs and the other it's the US vs...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm

still waiting for info from on high about the Euro pressing

and still waiting for my copy

brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 pm

i ordered a 2nd euro pressing from the guy on ebay, guess what it came today, it is the Euro cover but the vinyl is the same original darker blue with same matrix as the US copy.
Really not sure where this leaves us now, i think for you guys looking for the lighter blue copy with hand scratched matrix its gonna be lookin for a needle in a haystack.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 pm

brucesboots wrote:
i ordered a 2nd euro pressing from the guy on ebay, guess what it came today, it is the Euro cover but the vinyl is the same original darker blue with same matrix as the US copy.
Really not sure where this leaves us now, i think for you guys looking for the lighter blue copy with hand scratched matrix its gonna be lookin for a needle in a haystack.

you should be able to return it

I am still mystified by enolas US pressing with the matrix US: 101814E1/4 (printed) - does anyone else have it?

brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 pm

brucesboots wrote:

I am still mystified by enolas US pressing with the matrix US: 101814E1/4 (printed) - does anyone else have it?

Its not worth the hassle and expence with postage, plus it was sealed and i opened it as it is the euro cover, i think in future with Mercury there is no point trying to collect different versions....call it a lesson learnt.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:50 pm

brucesboots wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

Its not worth the hassle and expence with postage, plus it was sealed and i opened it as it is the euro cover, i think in future with Mercury there is no point trying to collect different versions....call it a lesson learnt.

I agree. It's one thing to go after different colors. To the extent everything about a record is the same except for the matrix etching, I don't really see the appeal. I am confused though. I thought the Euro version was darker blue and the US was the lighter blue. Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 pm

sorry Eamon im cracking up, this has got me really confused. So you should be ok with that one from ebay.

here is what i have.

EURO ( darker blue ) 2 numbers printed on each . 3706052 A/B and 101814E1 printed
US (lighter blue) inc the one with 7" euro single ....B001694101 A/B hand scratched
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 pm

brucesboots wrote:
sorry Eamon im cracking up, this has got me really confused. So you should be ok with that one from ebay.

here is what i have.

EURO ( darker blue ) 2 numbers printed on each . 3706052 A/B and 101814E1 printed
US (lighter blue) inc the one with 7" euro single ....B001694101 A/B hand scratched

Thanks for clearing that up amigo.

Also, do both your EU copies have the same matrix numbers?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

brucesboots wrote:

yeah there is 2 numbers printed on each record ...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 pm

just found this at http://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten-u-s-pressing-w-bonus-7/

"The Gaslight Anthem – Handwritten (U.S. Pressing) w/ Bonus 7″Posted: September 17, 2012 in Vinyl

While this record has been out for a while, due to extenuating circumstances I just got my copy in last week. While I got in on a group buy for the German release of the LP that included an exclusive 7″ featuring the album’s bonus tracks from the deluxe version, the initial copies sent from Germany were actually the U.S. pressing of the record. Eventually a true Euro pressing was released, which had subtle difference like no anti-piracy warning slapped on the jacket, different Mercury logos, slightly different printed dust sleeve, slightly different shade of blue vinyl, slightly different sticker on the cover, no download code, slightly different band logo and slightly different center labels. I think it also goes without saying that the Euro pressing was done at a different plan than the U.S. pressing, but from time to time I get disgruntled comments blasting me for my omission of that fact.

Initially there were supposed to be 500 copies of the aforementioned bonus 7″, but due to high demand there were 750 copies pressed. The additional copies became available and were announced a few weeks after the album first went up for pre-order. The pre-order with the exclusive bonus 7″ was only available through two German distros, Greenhell and Flight13. After all was said and done it come out to about $30 to get my copy imported from Germany, but this was with a group buy. If you were to buy a copy on your own your cost would have been a decent amount higher.

As for pressing info, nothing official has been stated other than the german bonus 7″, which is limited to 750 copies on blue vinyl. The U.S. and Euro pressings are both on blue 180 gram vinyl. There have been rumblings that the U.S. pressing is limited to 10,000 copies and the Euro pressing limited to 500 copies, but they are only rumors that have, and probably never will be substantiated. It’s important to note the the bonus 7″ does have “promo” printed on the center label. For the U.S. pressing there is an image of Ian Perkins of The Horrible Crowes printed inside the jacket opening. "

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 pm

just found this at http://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten-u-s-pressing-w-bonus-7/

"The Gaslight Anthem – Handwritten (U.S. Pressing) w/ Bonus 7″Posted: September 17, 2012 in Vinyl

While this record has been out for a while, due to extenuating circumstances I just got my copy in last week. While I got in on a group buy for the German release of the LP that included an exclusive 7″ featuring the album’s bonus tracks from the deluxe version, the initial copies sent from Germany were actually the U.S. pressing of the record. Eventually a true Euro pressing was released, which had subtle difference like no anti-piracy warning slapped on the jacket, different Mercury logos, slightly different printed dust sleeve, slightly different shade of blue vinyl, slightly different sticker on the cover, no download code, slightly different band logo and slightly different center labels. I think it also goes without saying that the Euro pressing was done at a different plan than the U.S. pressing, but from time to time I get disgruntled comments blasting me for my omission of that fact.

Initially there were supposed to be 500 copies of the aforementioned bonus 7″, but due to high demand there were 750 copies pressed. The additional copies became available and were announced a few weeks after the album first went up for pre-order. The pre-order with the exclusive bonus 7″ was only available through two German distros, Greenhell and Flight13. After all was said and done it come out to about $30 to get my copy imported from Germany, but this was with a group buy. If you were to buy a copy on your own your cost would have been a decent amount higher.

As for pressing info, nothing official has been stated other than the german bonus 7″, which is limited to 750 copies on blue vinyl. The U.S. and Euro pressings are both on blue 180 gram vinyl. There have been rumblings that the U.S. pressing is limited to 10,000 copies and the Euro pressing limited to 500 copies, but they are only rumors that have, and probably never will be substantiated. It’s important to note the the bonus 7″ does have “promo” printed on the center label. For the U.S. pressing there is an image of Ian Perkins of The Horrible Crowes printed inside the jacket opening. "

nice work, this does seem to all add up.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:00 am

Just got my ebay order from Underworld in Germany, and I'm happy to say that is indeed the Euro pressing with the two 'printed' matrix numbers. lt also has the URL of the Czech pressing plant etched into the matrix (apparently it's where Universal presses all its Euro vinyl). And it's a slightly darker blue.

So this is what I have:

1) US sleeve (with FBI warning), lighter blue vinyl, matrix etchings BOO16941-O1A RJ STERLING & BOO16941-O1B RJ STERLING

2) Euro sleeve (with 'Made in the EU'), darker blue vinyl, matrix etchings 101814E1/A www.gzvinyl.com - 3706052-A & 101814E2/A 3706052-B

Also, I can't see that the Euro pressing can actually be that rare. If Universal routinely use a plant in the Czech Republic, why ship thousands of records to Europe from the US.

Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 am

enola wrote:
Matrix:

I think I've now made sense of it all. Enola reversed the matrix numbers for the US and EU versions and mistook the "B" in the US matrix for a "3."
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:11 am

Well I'm a bit behind the times, but this is a really useful thread. I've got the U.S. Pressing and the one with the 7" and have been trying to figure out what the hell the difference was, is it's nice to know it's not just me missing something.

I can't see the sense in keeping them both, but the one that came without the 7" is I slightly better nick than the one that did. Anybody see any problem with swapping them so that I can keep the nicer copy and the 7"? I can't see any kind of distinguishing marks on it.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:35 am

on the european version its says made in Europe on back of the sleeve , it is also a different shade of blue vinyl

Last edited by brucesboots on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:40 am

url=http://www.servimg.com/view/15911253/163][/url]
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:44 am

Yep, the two I've got are both the one on the right, the lighter shade of blue. The sleeves look identical as well as far as I can see. I just wasn't sure if there was something that marks the one that should have the 7" in as such. The only difference I can see is that one of them has a download card in the cellophane wrapping, but that's no use to me anyway as I already have the CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' vinyl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next