A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 'Handwritten' vinyl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:24 am

I asked Flight 13 and apparently this is the black vinyl record that comes with the 7".

I wouldn't be surprised if it still ends up being the blue record though, as there's such a massive quantity pressed.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 am

The second pressing will be on Red Vinyl.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:42 am

steady now steady now wrote:
The second pressing will be on Red Vinyl.

I wonder if a secomd pressing will even be necessary.
Back to top Go down
fake_empire
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 26
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 am

Sinngh wrote:
Europeans will get a bonus 7" containing the additional tracks with the album, limited to 500. It's available at Green Hell & Flight13. Very Happy

Thanks for this. Haven't preordered anything yet because I wanted to make sure I'll get a blue copy. If there are 10,000 copies it shouldn't be a problem though.
Yet I wonder if we'll get a MP3 download code, aswell.

moreblue wrote:
I asked Flight 13 and apparently this is the black vinyl record that comes with the 7".

I wouldn't be surprised if it still ends up being the blue record though, as there's such a massive quantity pressed

Strange, in the text it clearly reads that you get the album on blue vinyl plus the bonus tracks on an extra 7" record.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:23 am

True!
Yeah I'm sure we will get blue for the actual album record.
Maybe he thought I was asking about the colour of the 7" colour and something got lost in translation from English to German and then back again.

The guy who replied speaks far better English than I speak German so I'll let him off Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

I'm just glad that we are getting at least one very limited vinyl in connection with this release.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Crockin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 25
Location : Small town in the middle of the UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 am

Just ordered through Green Hell... I think I got it all right, even with Google Chrome translating the pages for me, it was hard enough to piece together Razz

Though, it didn't ask for any payment options, and the confirmation e-mail I got says about PayPal-ing the money (plus a 4% 'PayPal' fee?!?) directly to Alfred at Green Hell's account.

Anyone else gone ahead with this yet? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/crockin
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 132
Join date : 2010-02-24
Age : 28
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:47 am

Banquet have a Euro LP option up now, no details yet though.

http://www.banquetrecords.com/tgah
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:01 am

Crockin wrote:
Just ordered through Green Hell... I think I got it all right, even with Google Chrome translating the pages for me, it was hard enough to piece together Razz

Though, it didn't ask for any payment options, and the confirmation e-mail I got says about PayPal-ing the money (plus a 4% 'PayPal' fee?!?) directly to Alfred at Green Hell's account.

Anyone else gone ahead with this yet? Smile

yes, that's how it works

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Crockin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 25
Location : Small town in the middle of the UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Crockin wrote:
Just ordered through Green Hell... I think I got it all right, even with Google Chrome translating the pages for me, it was hard enough to piece together Razz

Though, it didn't ask for any payment options, and the confirmation e-mail I got says about PayPal-ing the money (plus a 4% 'PayPal' fee?!?) directly to Alfred at Green Hell's account.

Anyone else gone ahead with this yet? Smile

yes, that's how it works
~


Done and done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/crockin
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:18 am

bobbyjames wrote:
Banquet have a Euro LP option up now, no details yet though.

http://www.banquetrecords.com/tgah

odd, as I've been told quite clearly that they are all pressed in the US, and then shipped to Europe

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 931
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 31
Location : Wigan, England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 am

Ahhhh Ive had to go order one. Difficult with the language barrier mind
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
avatar

Posts : 132
Join date : 2010-02-24
Age : 28
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:26 am

steady now steady now wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:
Banquet have a Euro LP option up now, no details yet though.

http://www.banquetrecords.com/tgah

odd, as I've been told quite clearly that they are all pressed in the US, and then shipped to Europe

it's just been update again with this:

"here is a Euro pressing. Limited to 500 across the continent. The UK will have 300 of them. We await to find out how many of those 300 we'll get!"
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:40 am

bobbyjames wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:
Banquet have a Euro LP option up now, no details yet though.

http://www.banquetrecords.com/tgah

odd, as I've been told quite clearly that they are all pressed in the US, and then shipped to Europe

it's just been update again with this:

"here is a Euro pressing. Limited to 500 across the continent. The UK will have 300 of them. We await to find out how many of those 300 we'll get!"

thanks; ordered (even though I wasn't going to collect variants this time round - oh well)

and I'm giving up on the info I'm getting drunken

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:17 pm

I wonder if Green Hell and Banquet are carrying the same version of the LP. I would think so, right?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I wonder if Green Hell and Banquet are carrying the same version of the LP. I would think so, right?

would have been neat if the ltd 500 LPs came with the ltd 500 7''s but that doesn't seem to be the case

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3526
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 38
Location : Portadown, N.Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:23 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I wonder if Green Hell and Banquet are carrying the same version of the LP. I would think so, right?

would have been neat if the ltd 500 LPs came with the ltd 500 7''s but that doesn't seem to be the case

*sigh* I was hoping that was what Banquet are talking about, when they said the UK are getting 300 of the Euro pressings.

Dear Brian,
Here is my account details....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Klown wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I wonder if Green Hell and Banquet are carrying the same version of the LP. I would think so, right?

would have been neat if the ltd 500 LPs came with the ltd 500 7''s but that doesn't seem to be the case

*sigh* I was hoping that was what Banquet are talking about, when they said the UK are getting 300 of the Euro pressings.

Dear Brian,
Here is my account details....

well, Banquet aren't offering the 7'' and Green Hell and Flight 13 offered the 7'' before anything was mentioned of the ltd Euro 12''

or maybe Banquet mistook the 500 7''s for 12'' or maybe ... oh what do I know

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3526
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 38
Location : Portadown, N.Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

well, Banquet aren't offering the 7'' and Green Hell and Flight 13 offered the 7'' before anything was mentioned of the ltd Euro 12''

or maybe Banquet mistook the 500 7''s for 12'' or maybe ... oh what do I know

Dammit man, you're our only hope Laughing

It's starting to get quite frustrating trying to work this all out. As Mr.Hause once said, only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 54
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:56 am

YEPP ! but this is turning into the most expensive record release of all time, its been as clear as mud since day 1. I think i will be ending up with plenty of spares, prob blue when everything lands on the mat.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3526
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 38
Location : Portadown, N.Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:43 am

steady now steady now wrote:
well, Banquet aren't offering the 7'' and Green Hell and Flight 13 offered the 7'' before anything was mentioned of the ltd Euro 12''

or maybe Banquet mistook the 500 7''s for 12'' or maybe ... oh what do I know

Apparently the version Banquet is getting in, is the same as the Green Hell/Flight 13 12', but without the 7".

I'm sure this info will change many times over the next few days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 54
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:33 am

so it does look like the euro LP is different after all then.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 54
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 am

ive ordered the LP from Banquet and it does say euro LP on the receipt.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3526
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 38
Location : Portadown, N.Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:07 am

brucesboots wrote:
ive ordered the LP from Banquet and it does say euro LP on the receipt.

Yeah, I've tried email them after seeing on VC boards, that it is the same as Flight 13,just minus the 7".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody


Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 54
Location : midlands uk

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:10 am

Klown wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
ive ordered the LP from Banquet and it does say euro LP on the receipt.

Yeah, I've tried email them after seeing on VC boards, that it is the same as Flight 13,just minus the 7".

just cos flight13 says blue, dont mean its the same pressing, remember the different reds on THC releases
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   

Back to top Go down
 
'Handwritten' vinyl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Casey's Handwritten Letters Released 4/06/10
» JK Rowling is generous--but not to the McCanns any more

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Vinyl, CDs & Trading-
Jump to: