A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 'Handwritten' vinyl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
avatar

Posts : 419
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 23
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm

More Euro pressings on sale at Banquet http://www.banquetrecords.com/tgah
Back to top Go down
fake_empire
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 26
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Klown wrote:
Just got an email back from flight 13, all pre-order for the 12"+7" before they took the info down, will have the 7" included Very Happy

Yeah, no worries. All of the 7" limited editions sold out within the presale period, but youl'll definitely get what you wanted if you ordered it in time (that is as it was available to preorder Wink )
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1770
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Blue vinyl now also available at Side One Dummy

http://store.sideonedummy.com/pre-order-the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten-lp-gatefold-jacket-blue-180-gram-vinyl.html

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2009-04-05
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:18 pm

enola wrote:
Blue vinyl now also available at Side One Dummy

http://store.sideonedummy.com/pre-order-the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten-lp-gatefold-jacket-blue-180-gram-vinyl.html

Wow, the vinyl looks pretty cool...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1770
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 am

I called Green Hell today and they told me that there will be only vinyl colour (blue). That's what they have been told by the sales/distribution people. So their limited (limited to 700-750) will be the blue LP + the limited 7 inch (he didn't know the colour of that one).

And the version stated as "col." on their website means "coloured" and refers also to the blue one ...

They didn't know about the Banquet limited Euro pressing. So no news here but maybe somebody in the UK could call Banquet to clarify?

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3526
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 38
Location : Portadown, N.Ireland

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 am

Banquet are very vague on this one, but they stress there is no 7" with their order.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2009-04-05
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am

enola wrote:
I called Green Hell today and they told me that there will be only vinyl colour (blue). That's what they have been told by the sales/distribution people. So their limited (limited to 700-750) will be the blue LP + the limited 7 inch (he didn't know the colour of that one).

Someone at Flight 13 wrote (on their webseite) a few days ago that the 7" would be clear blue vinyl Smile ..I ordered at Green Hell, but I think that might be the same product. So it seems like we're getting two blue vinyl...I hoped for another color, but clear blue is okay too.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1770
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am

thomas94 wrote:
enola wrote:
I called Green Hell today and they told me that there will be only vinyl colour (blue). That's what they have been told by the sales/distribution people. So their limited (limited to 700-750) will be the blue LP + the limited 7 inch (he didn't know the colour of that one).

Someone at Flight 13 wrote (on their webseite) a few days ago that the 7" would be clear blue vinyl Smile ..I ordered at Green Hell, but I think that might be the same product. So it seems like we're getting two blue vinyl...I hoped for another color, but clear blue is okay too.

I still don't think there will be two different blue versions. Maybe it will be clear blue instead of just blue ....

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 669
Join date : 2009-04-05
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: temp   Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 am

enola wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
enola wrote:
I called Green Hell today and they told me that there will be only vinyl colour (blue). That's what they have been told by the sales/distribution people. So their limited (limited to 700-750) will be the blue LP + the limited 7 inch (he didn't know the colour of that one).

Someone at Flight 13 wrote (on their webseite) a few days ago that the 7" would be clear blue vinyl Smile ..I ordered at Green Hell, but I think that might be the same product. So it seems like we're getting two blue vinyl...I hoped for another color, but clear blue is okay too.

I still don't think there will be two different blue versions. Maybe it will be clear blue instead of just blue ....

As I said, they (Flight13) wrote it will be clear blue Wink ...clear blue is some kinda blue too
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm

not sure if its been posted already or what but SideOne DUmmy is also seeing Blue variants of the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Don Carlo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 27
Location : Bethlehem, PA

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:54 pm

I just bought the regular version (not the deluxe) on vinyl over at Amazon on a couple of days ago when it was $13 i think. It's a good thing I bought it when I did because now it's listed at $17.42. It didn't say specifically but does anybody know what variation the vinyl is from Amazon? Is it the blue or just the standard black? Thanks
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2009-02-11
Location : 49015

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Don Carlo wrote:
I just bought the regular version (not the deluxe) on vinyl over at Amazon on a couple of days ago when it was $13 i think. It's a good thing I bought it when I did because now it's listed at $17.42. It didn't say specifically but does anybody know what variation the vinyl is from Amazon? Is it the blue or just the standard black? Thanks

no one knows and we won't know until they show up. the blue is supposedly out of 10k, so it's hard to imagine they pressed anything else but we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2008-08-17
Age : 28
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 am

Does banquet usually mail early?
Back to top Go down
jerzshore732
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 86
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : Asbury Park, NJ

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 pm

banquets been pretty good with getting stuff out as soon as it can, but then again, it's coming across an ocean....
Back to top Go down
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 26
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Off Banquet website "US LP expected 31st July, Euro LP expected Aug 13th."

SUCKS. I've still gotta wait about a month for my vinyl then.
Back to top Go down
heartlikeatomb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 22
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 pm

So does that mean banquet is same as greenhell without the 7"?
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:00 am

heartlikeatomb wrote:
So does that mean banquet is same as greenhell without the 7"?
i think we still dont know. but it would be so cool, if greenhell/flight13 would be euro lp + limited 7" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Resolve
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-18

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 am

Hey,

If anyone has/ends up with two euro presses and wants to get rid of one please throw me a PM!
I managed to get the US (Blue) pressing but would really like to keep my collection complete and get the Euro one too.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2010-05-06
Location : Back In The Swamps of Jersey

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 am

tyoac wrote:
heartlikeatomb wrote:
So does that mean banquet is same as greenhell without the 7"?
i think we still dont know. but it would be so cool, if greenhell/flight13 would be euro lp + limited 7" Very Happy

Unless Banquet and Greenhell have their numbers wrong, these are not the same pressing. According to Banquet, the Euro press it's carrying is limited to 500 and only 60 copies went to retailers/distros outside the UK. Greenhell and Flight 13, which are both in Germany, sold much more than 60 copies and Greenhell indicated that the particular pressing it was carrying is limited to 750. Again, there could be confusion on the numbers but if they hold it would seem impossible that banquet and greenhell are selling the same press. Whether Greenhell is selling a different Euro press or a regular US press (plus a 7" limited to 750) remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2008-08-17
Age : 28
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 am

Please let banquet have the rarest variant, please let banquet have the rarest variant
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
avatar

Posts : 3223
Join date : 2009-04-03
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:03 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
tyoac wrote:
heartlikeatomb wrote:
So does that mean banquet is same as greenhell without the 7"?
i think we still dont know. but it would be so cool, if greenhell/flight13 would be euro lp + limited 7" Very Happy

Unless Banquet and Greenhell have their numbers wrong, these are not the same pressing. According to Banquet, the Euro press it's carrying is limited to 500 and only 60 copies went to retailers/distros outside the UK. Greenhell and Flight 13, which are both in Germany, sold much more than 60 copies and Greenhell indicated that the particular pressing it was carrying is limited to 750. Again, there could be confusion on the numbers but if they hold it would seem impossible that banquet and greenhell are selling the same press. Whether Greenhell is selling a different Euro press or a regular US press (plus a 7" limited to 750) remains to be seen.

I had always understood it to mean that Banquet were seling the Euro 12'', while GH and F13 were selling the US 12'' + the Euro 7''. I guess we'll see.

_________________
Alexander
www.gaslightanthem.org    |    www.twitter.com/TGArecord
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Van Der Twix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-03-24
Location : Paris

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 am

Spin CD has the LP too Smile

http://www.spincds.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=handwritten&order=release_date&dir=desc
Back to top Go down
Don Carlo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 27
Location : Bethlehem, PA

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 am

In case anyone is still wondering I just got an email from amazon saying my vinyl has shipped and there was a picture of the record with the blue vinyl. It was just a standard stock photo but hopefully this confirms it
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
avatar

Posts : 1770
Join date : 2010-08-24
Location : London, UK / Vienna, Austria

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 am

Banquet was posting the shipping dates for the US version (this week) and the Euro version (beginning of August) yesterday on twitter. When I asked them what the difference is they replied "not entirely sure yet. certainly the release date".

We will see I guess ...

_________________
Manuela
twitter / instagram / youtube / last.fm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Don Carlo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 27
Location : Bethlehem, PA

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:07 am

When I bought the vinyl on amazon about a week or so ago it said i would get it between the 27th and 30th. I was ecstatic when I got the email today saying it is shipped today and I will get it tomorrow on the release date! Two thumbs up for amazon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   

Back to top Go down
 
'Handwritten' vinyl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Casey's Handwritten Letters Released 4/06/10
» JK Rowling is generous--but not to the McCanns any more

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Vinyl, CDs & Trading-
Jump to: