A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Can we all just agree to disagree then? I mean everyone here has their own viewpoints and they are completely different from one another. Lets just go back to the craziness that was here before.

Agreed. I miss crazy spam. Sad

Things are too serious right now. It is like a dark cloud has covered the spam board and is just hoovering above it.

That's how my whole life feels right now. Let's get spam back to normal so all of us can have at least one bright spot. I'll start.

I saw a rusted out old pick up truck today with two bumper stickers. The first one was of the stars and bars that said, "The South's gonna do it again." The other one said, "Quit tailgating or I'll fling a booger on your windshield." Discuss.

I believe it sheds light on the socioeconomic and cultural limbo which has plagued the American South ever since the Civil War. Perhaps this ripple effect may help explain this man's outlandish beliefs and lifestyle. Shannon, it's strange for a young San Franciscan to imagine what life must be like at Hampton Roads, VA, but with small vignettes like these as well as Titus Andronicus epics to color my mind, my heart feels a little more connected to our Union's glorious Tenth State. Cool
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Mr.Grieves wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I like cookies.
I like Oreos.

I could go for an Oreo milkshake right about now.

Oh my gosh. Mr. Grieves is back. The Messiah has risen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Mr.Grieves wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I like cookies.
I like Oreos.

excuse me. that is very offensive. mixed race is more appropriate and PC. try to be more thoughtful when you speak.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
JOHN IS NOT A SWEDISH NAME, I REFUSE TO CALL HIM JOHN.

also, i hate when people name their kids things like Eric Ericson, John Johnson, etc. Frying Pan
Jeeze, thanks for hating my full name. MEANIE.

i am sorry, but it is just redundant. i don't understand how you can love your last name so much that you do that to your kid. i don't get it. but i also don't get naming your kid after yourself, either. Neutral
Haha, it's fine. They just sound the same in English.

John is pronounced differently from Jönsson (notice the umlaut) so it's not all weird in my own langauge.

well i am American and i don't like it in English! this is America, speak English, goddamnit!
"hurrhgurhugr gudd durrrr grhgurg gawd bless amurrrrricuh" - Average American intelligence level.

I'll speak whatever gosh darned language I want! Så det så!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

I think Andrew, John, and Steph all need a time out! Go sit in the corner for five minutes and think about how you're supposed to treat your friends. Razz

hhahaha, what did i do??
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:46 pm

I think Andrew, John, and Steph all need a time out! Go sit in the corner for five minutes and think about how you're supposed to treat your friends. Razz

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I like cookies.
I like Oreos.

excuse me. that is very offensive. mixed race is more appropriate and PC. try to be more thoughtful when you speak.
What? You awful human being. Because that's what we are. Children of the human species, not races! Bigot!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:

also, i hate when people name their kids things like Eric Ericson, John Johnson, etc. Frying Pan

i am sorry, but it is just redundant. i don't understand how you can love your last name so much that you do that to your kid. i don't get it. but i also don't get naming your kid after yourself, either. Neutral

John is pronounced differently from Jönsson (notice the umlaut) so it's not all weird in my own langauge.

well i am American and i don't like it in English! this is America, speak English, goddamnit!
"hurrhgurhugr gudd durrrr grhgurg gawd bless amurrrrricuh" - Average American intelligence level.

considering how good it sounds when you speak, i'm okay with that Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:47 pm

I think we all need to have long uncomfortable hugs.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/

My two cents on things because I really couldn't stop myself from saying anything:

Not all strippers have a damaged background, I think. It's tough to generalize an entire profession based on the stereotype seen in modern media portrayals. Same with prostitutes. Sometimes, it's the environment that pushes them (I will be using gender neutral pronouns here because, really, anyone of any gender -- even those outside the gender binary -- can be a stripper or a prostitute) into that line of work. Sometimes, it's their own personal choice and they are psychologically healthy. Who am I to say that a person cannot be a stripper because they want to? I would imagine that that person would be as angry and as upset as I am whenever I'm told that I shouldn't be a sports reporter because I'm female.

Also saying that women become strippers because of abuse is like saying that a person is gay because of abuse. Correlation does not equal causation.

(I also think prostitution should be legalized, so what do I know?)

I think it's natural that people are sexually attracted to others, but I have experienced a double standard elsewhere. What I would just hope is that women can objectify men the same way men can objectify women -- and not just that. I would hope that men can objectify men the same way, along with women objectifying women. I'm not saying that objectification is good; I am saying that it happens. People are only human and they have hormones. I just don't want to see people saying, "Oh you're gross for being attracted so someone based on their looks."

Objectifying mothers -- personally, I find that a bit on the Oedipus complex side. However, I don't really think it's my place to say anything because I have objectified men who are fathers. I would just hope that if someone decides to pursue any form of a relationship with a person who has a child, it would be consensual and both parties involved are not cheating on a significant other.

The only real problem I have with anything is if a person is forced into a situation against their free will. Don't rape, don't abduct, don't abuse -- the things that people should be taught instead of "don't be raped, don't be abducted, don't be abused." Victim blaming is one of the worst things I have ever seen. I've been victim blamed before (I've been told that my manic-depression is my fault, never mind the fact that I have no control over my brain chemistry). There is nothing about that that is fun. It is not a victim's fault that they were X, Y, Z'd. It is the person who did X, Y, Z that is at fault.

All of this being said, the one thing I have been offended by on these forums is the use of "no homo." I am not a heterosexual. I find it insulting to say "no homo." It's as if "I think you're attractive, but I don't want people to think I'm anything but the sexual orientation I am because being homosexual is bad" is being said. That may not be the intention behind the phrase, but the implication is what makes a difference because that's what ends up having a greater meaning. The implication is what offends me. As someone who falls under the LGBTQ sexual orientation umbrella, I just want to see that all sexual orientations are respected.

I realize that everyone has different opinions. I respect that. My only wish is that people realize that everyone is a human being and they all are different and should be respected, no matter what the difference in opinion is. There's such a negative stigma with certain professions and lifestyles, it's sometimes hard to see that everyone is human. I know I'm guilty of that and I do try to be more aware of it. At the end of the day, what a person does with their life shouldn't be anyone's business but their own unless they're doing something that hurts others.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I like cookies.
I like Oreos.

What? You awful human being. Because that's what we are. Children of the human species, not races! Bigot!
I created a monster Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

Oh Shannon I checked my mom has brandy and a liqueur...

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:48 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Can we all just agree to disagree then? I mean everyone here has their own viewpoints and they are completely different from one another. Lets just go back to the craziness that was here before.

Agreed. I miss crazy spam. Sad

Things are too serious right now. It is like a dark cloud has covered the spam board and is just hoovering above it.

That's how my whole life feels right now. Let's get spam back to normal so all of us can have at least one bright spot. I'll start.

I saw a rusted out old pick up truck today with two bumper stickers. The first one was of the stars and bars that said, "The South's gonna do it again." The other one said, "Quit tailgating or I'll fling a booger on your windshield." Discuss.

I believe it sheds light on the socioeconomic and cultural limbo which has plagued the American South ever since the Civil War. Perhaps this ripple effect may help explain this man's outlandish beliefs and lifestyle. Shannon, it's strange for a young San Franciscan to imagine what life must be like at Hampton Roads, VA, but with small vignettes like these as well as Titus Andronicus epics to color my mind, my heart feels a little more connected to our Union's glorious Tenth State. Cool

Haha, there is nothing glorious about VA at all! And I lived near SF for four years and grew up in LA before that before moving here, and everything Southern still seems strange to me! A lot of the South hasn't progressed beyond the Civil War days, and definitely not far enough beyond the days of the Civil Rights Movement.

My heart isn't connected to this place at all, and I've lived here for 16 years. Oh my gosh, that's a long time... Sad
Back to top Go down

oh good grief i wrote a novel.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I like cookies.
I like Oreos.

Put down that frying pan and do some push ups, boy.
Back to top Go down

redskynight wrote:
My two cents on things because I really couldn't stop myself from saying anything:

Not all strippers have a damaged background, I think. It's tough to generalize an entire profession based on the stereotype seen in modern media portrayals. Same with prostitutes. Sometimes, it's the environment that pushes them (I will be using gender neutral pronouns here because, really, anyone of any gender -- even those outside the gender binary -- can be a stripper or a prostitute) into that line of work. Sometimes, it's their own personal choice and they are psychologically healthy. Who am I to say that a person cannot be a stripper because they want to? I would imagine that that person would be as angry and as upset as I am whenever I'm told that I shouldn't be a sports reporter because I'm female.

Also saying that women become strippers because of abuse is like saying that a person is gay because of abuse. Correlation does not equal causation.

(I also think prostitution should be legalized, so what do I know?)

I think it's natural that people are sexually attracted to others, but I have experienced a double standard elsewhere. What I would just hope is that women can objectify men the same way men can objectify women -- and not just that. I would hope that men can objectify men the same way, along with women objectifying women. I'm not saying that objectification is good; I am saying that it happens. People are only human and they have hormones. I just don't want to see people saying, "Oh you're gross for being attracted so someone based on their looks."

Objectifying mothers -- personally, I find that a bit on the Oedipus complex side. However, I don't really think it's my place to say anything because I have objectified men who are fathers. I would just hope that if someone decides to pursue any form of a relationship with a person who has a child, it would be consensual and both parties involved are not cheating on a significant other.

The only real problem I have with anything is if a person is forced into a situation against their free will. Don't rape, don't abduct, don't abuse -- the things that people should be taught instead of "don't be raped, don't be abducted, don't be abused." Victim blaming is one of the worst things I have ever seen. I've been victim blamed before (I've been told that my manic-depression is my fault, never mind the fact that I have no control over my brain chemistry). There is nothing about that that is fun. It is not a victim's fault that they were X, Y, Z'd. It is the person who did X, Y, Z that is at fault.

All of this being said, the one thing I have been offended by on these forums is the use of "no homo." I am not a heterosexual. I find it insulting to say "no homo." It's as if "I think you're attractive, but I don't want people to think I'm anything but the sexual orientation I am because being homosexual is bad" is being said. That may not be the intention behind the phrase, but the implication is what makes a difference because that's what ends up having a greater meaning. The implication is what offends me. As someone who falls under the LGBTQ sexual orientation umbrella, I just want to see that all sexual orientations are respected.

I realize that everyone has different opinions. I respect that. My only wish is that people realize that everyone is a human being and they all are different and should be respected, no matter what the difference in opinion is. There's such a negative stigma with certain professions and lifestyles, it's sometimes hard to see that everyone is human. I know I'm guilty of that and I do try to be more aware of it. At the end of the day, what a person does with their life shouldn't be anyone's business but their own unless they're doing something that hurts others.

THIS

SPECIALLY THE 'NO HOMO' PART
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:49 pm

steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:

considering how good it sounds when you speak, i'm okay with that Wink
Haha, I can live with that.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I like cookies.
I like Oreos.

Although using a frying pan would also work on making some muscle.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

Mr.Grieves wrote:

i've been trying to make that happen for a long time *sigh* good luck
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

steph wrote:

hhahaha, what did i do??

Um...I believe you told John to shut up. In nanny land where I live far too much of the time, that is a cardinal sin! Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 pm

steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

maybe if you washed your butt more! :p
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 pm

steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

Steph, Shannon, and I had a three way - you missed out...

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 pm

steph wrote:

hhahaha, what did i do??

Um...I believe you told John to shut up. In nanny land where I live far too much of the time, that is a cardinal sin! Rolling Eyes Razz

aww. well...i guess i'll go into timeout if you insist, but one appeal first-- as Queen of Filth, am i not permitted a bit more leeway with crassness than the average DSS?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Mr.Grieves wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

maybe if you washed your butt more! :p

hahaha. aww. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks

PostSubject: Re: Spam   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
I like cookies.
I like Oreos.

Although using a frying pan would also work on making some muscle.
No it wouldn't.

Where do you get your workout facts?
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam   

Back to top Go down

Spam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next